Why do you believe what you believe?

Why do you all that ( I read your beliefs from your profile).

Hello to my opponent? If he/she can even be called that. I wonder as to why I was directly challenged to this debate; I assume it may be because of my radical and obscure ideology, very well.

In answering your question I request some clarification. I possess a broad spectrum of beliefs that encompasses multiple subjects. For the purposes of this debate are you specifically referring to my political, religious, societal, or economic beliefs? Or simply all of them?

My extrapolation in subsequent rounds is dependent upon your answer. Thank you for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Oh um I'm specifically referring to religion.

Ah, I should have guessed.

I classify myself as an atheist for the following reasons:

• The probability of a god existing is very unlikely

• The theory of evolution contradicts the monotheistic religions that are commonly espoused today

• The absence of free will

• The lack of objective moral principles

• The presence of death, destruction, and pain

• The lack of purpose in the lives of humanity

• god violates the law of causality and does not exist within the quantum realm; therefore a contradiction exists

Those are my reasons. If you wish to hear more, I'll be happy to expound upon them in future rounds.

And how do you know all this is true?

• "Only Sheep need a shepherd!" -Unknown
  • "In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point."-Friedrich Nietzsche
  • "Creationists make it sound like a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."-Isaac Asamov
  • "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan
  • "And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence."-Bertrand Russell
  • "Faith is believing something you know ain't true."-Mark Twain
  • "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, & the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."-Karl Marx
  • "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
  • "The world holds two classes of men - intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence."
    -Abu Ala Al-Ma'arri
  • "Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."-Benjamin Franklin
  • "Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies."-Thomas Jefferson

I would prefer not to expound upon my earlier assertions due to the fact that I am running low on time and extratpolation would require a great deal amount of time and space.

The above quotes elucidate my attitude towards religion and the existence of god in general. That is all I wish to say.

SONOFGOD2013 forfeited this round.

My opponent forfeited the last round. I view that as a violation of conduct. She has also failed to address any of my quotes; therefore, they remain valid arguments.

Sorry I've been busy

Don't worry about it. It's fine, thanks for the question.
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: We have forums for this kind of thing.