abenaske
Reasonslap

Why do you trust science?

Reasonslap
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

abenaske

Con

What is so reliable about science? I trust there is a God because no matter what what religion is looked at, there is always a diety that has been seen/experienced (such a an angel) and if the timelines are put together, for the oldest religions, the times almost match up. This goes to show that religion stands up to the test of time while science contradicts its self every ten years.
A few examples of Scientific LAWS that were proven wrong by SCIENTIST...
Phlogiston theory, Newtons Laws of Motion (though one of the most respected laws that has stood up to most challenges but not all), Ideal Gas Law, and many more. For the elite scientists this is quite pitiful.
Religion has been the backbone for most of the worlds history and a diety that has been all powerful causing fear (deep form of respect in ancient time not actually terrifying) and respect at the center. Many scientists do believe in a powerful being because the Big Bang Theory is practically impossible and while its not the only theory to explain a universe excluding a higher being.
Reasonslap

Pro

I trust science because science has REASON. Read my frickin username.If there was truly a deity out there, why wouldn't he show him'herself to all the world? Then everyone can follow the true way. Although not all laws are infallible, these laws were not disprovable at the time. Much like a religion. Religion (and some scientific laws and theories) are not disprovable at the time that they are created. But can you prove a deity? NO. Also, how to religions match up? SO there are many gods as well as one? Jesus and Muhammad, and Buddha are all speaking truth? These are just examples. Now, I don't know your religion although I assume Christianity, like about 33 percent of the world's population, but this assumption you made was totally WRONG. Science has a logical way of proving and disproving ideas. It was established to comprehend what we didn't know. Read it's Greek name. The Judaeo-Christian God has NO REASON. If this god wants us to follow his word, we should be stoning homosexuals to death, people who eat pork and shrimp, we should be destroying unbelievers or forcing conversion on them. Yahweh punishes people with eternal torture, yet he loves them? I THINK NOT. And why do I even argue? You can't prove without a doubt that a God exists. There is no scientific evidence for it. So no proof, no arguments that need to be made. I could just sweep your claims aside, like dust. If you still insist on us disproving a God, check out Mr Repzion, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, TheVeganAtheist, and TheAtheistVoice, which I learned this arguments from.
abenaske

Con

abenaske forfeited this round.
Reasonslap

Pro

Reasonslap forfeited this round.
abenaske

Con

abenaske forfeited this round.
Reasonslap

Pro

Reasonslap forfeited this round.
abenaske

Con

abenaske forfeited this round.
Reasonslap

Pro

Reasonslap forfeited this round.
abenaske

Con

abenaske forfeited this round.
Reasonslap

Pro

Reasonslap forfeited this round.
Posted by Reasonslap 1 year ago
Reasonslap
Yeah, this debate sucked. Sorry guys, abenaske is a coward.
Vote Placed by gannon260 1 year ago
gannon260
abenaskeReasonslap
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: worst debate ever... both parties forfieted and i'm only pro because (s)he was the last person to post an argument