xxrushalixx
SONOFGOD2013

Why does music corrupt youth?

Started: 11/24/2013 Category: Music

xxrushalixx

Pro

Debate: what are some reasons that are used in a back-up for "why music corrupts youth"?
I need help in this debate. I am an affirmative and i am a team advisor. I wanted to prepare some palm cards of my own that might talk about a rebuttal towards why the negative team is wrong. This is the first time I m participating in a debate so wondered if anyone could help.
Thank you :)
SONOFGOD2013

Con

Do you mean all music?
xxrushalixx

Pro

No, I'm specifically talking about hip hop and rap music (can talk about the video and the lyrics to the song). Basically, I'm talking about those music that has proven to the society to be harmful and also to be effecting young children (also refers to teens).
SONOFGOD2013

Con

I think it depends on the specific song. I'm a teen myself and I listen to rap and hip hop all the time. But I don't listen to stuff that doesn't "apply" to me(or my life). But that's just me. Some people listen to it because they like the song. If the song is evil and says bad things. It could influence. But it also depends on the specific person. If the person is a guy who is popular at school or something. He probably won't be influenced by music he listens to. But if its a guy with no friends. Then he probably will be influenced.
xxrushalixx

Pro

Is there anything you could back up your arguemant with if you were an affirmative like me? So say the negative jad stated that it is just a song that goes for 2-3 minutes (max) and that cannot harm any child. Or, what if the negative team said, "Just because someone listens to rap music doesn't mean they're going to be a "gangster" and just because someone listens to pop music doesn't mean they are going to be promiscuous", what would you say as a strong rebuttal? What would be your reasons and what would be some examples you would use?
SONOFGOD2013

Con

Kids who listen to hardcore rap who don't live in the "hood" act like they do and cause trouble. Also rap songs that talk about people who have bad lives can make kids think who have a good life that they have a bad one. The kids will find any littler thing to make themselves believe they have a bad life. Another thing is some rap songs have a lot of cussing which could influence anybody who around and can hear the music.
xxrushalixx

Pro

xxrushalixx forfeited this round.
xxrushalixx

Pro

So..? Now what?
SONOFGOD2013

Con

Good luck on your debate. ( :
Posted by shawnperrywilliams 2 years ago
shawnperrywilliams
Here is an interesting article on a similar topic: http://thecontroversialist.net...
Posted by xxrushalixx 3 years ago
xxrushalixx
Sorry? Are you saying that on behalf of the other person?
Posted by xxrushalixx 3 years ago
xxrushalixx
Posted by diogomsc2014 3 years ago
diogomsc2014
Yes it does
Posted by xxrushalixx 3 years ago
xxrushalixx
Yes please!
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
Oh you want me too help, you back up your point of view?
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
Anytime man :)
Posted by xxrushalixx 3 years ago
xxrushalixx
Thank you :)
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
Oh. Ok so you see the the thing that says " post argument " click on it. Then there will be a box. You type you argument, then click on review. If the grammar isn't good. Click on make changes or something like that. If the grammar is good them click on submit.
Posted by xxrushalixx 3 years ago
xxrushalixx
Sorry i just registered :/ i dont really know how to do so.