onyx930
Thetonks

Why does the government regulate marriage

onyx930

Con

Why does the Government have a say in whether or not someone can get married, shouldn't people be able to choose who they marry.
Thetonks

Pro

First of all, you should make it clear which side of the issue you are on.

The truth of the matter is that nothing really does give the government the right to decide whom it is that you marry, or what gender, just whether or not to actually recognize it as marriage. This specification is required because there are specific tax benefits and responsibility risks/requirements that result legally from parenthood or legal marriage.
Gay marriage should be legalized only because the government does not have the right (or possibly the authority, even) to say otherwise. A person should be recognized as legally married as long as an actual church says they are married, and the paperwork is taken care of... good luck trying to get a church to marry two gay people, though. Marriage is soley a religious ceremony in the first place, therefore religion should determine marriage, not the government.

P.S. I'm American don't hate
onyx930

Con

Yes region is where marriage started, but people taken the religious aspect out of marriage. America seems to be the big debate center around gay marriage, because some states have now only legalized gay marriage. The religion has said that " A marriage is between a man and a women". The government spends a lot of unnecessary time regulating the marriage, when they could be spending more time on other situations.

P.S I live in Madrid
Thetonks

Pro

Thetonks forfeited this round.
onyx930

Con

I reset my case.
Thetonks

Pro

Thetonks forfeited this round.
onyx930

Con

I reset my case.
Thetonks

Pro

Thetonks forfeited this round.
Posted by Technition 3 years ago
Technition
Taxes, kids, records, health, territory, statistics, control etc. This does not answer your question? Do not read any further...
Posted by RiskTaker 3 years ago
RiskTaker
how retarded is lightningbolt15 to think Con is American... xD
Just look at the profile pic.
Posted by LarryStylinson 3 years ago
LarryStylinson
I agree marriage shod be equal. Love knows no boundaries is what Louis tomlinsons father said about his gay relationship with harry styles. And I agree this is true.
Posted by Jabuticaba 3 years ago
Jabuticaba
I understand your predicament. Allow me to clarify your befuddlement. Sometime I enjoy using big words in order to make myself seem more photosynthesis.
Posted by lightingbolt50 3 years ago
lightingbolt50
Because America's a b*tch. I suggest going a bit more north to Canada. It's f*cking fantastic here!