Thiest_1998
MackDamion

Why don't people want to believe in God

Thiest_1998

Pro

I am a born again Christian who believes the bible is the infallible inerrant inspired word of the Living God and wondering why atheist don't want to believe in God?
MackDamion

Con

When it comes to religion, I'm agnotic. I'm willing to only believe in something with facts. I'm not athiest, I just don't believe anything. Most athiest don't believe there is a god because, unlike Christians, don't go by what a book says. To them it's like reading a regular book. I believe there is a god but it's not a strong belief until I get facts. Athiesim isn't that they hate god; it's because they find it hard to believe something just because someone said it's real. I have a friend who is athiest and her reasoning is because she has been through a lot and seen a lot so she thinks that if there was really a god, then the world wouldn't be like this. I agree to an extent because the bible talks about how God destroyed the earth once because he wans't happy with mankind.
Thiest_1998

Pro

Show facts.

God gives everyone free will some choose to do good with it some do bad things with it and those that do bad with it will be punished for it.

Mankind was extremely corrupted that's why He destroyed it.

Also if there is no God how did we get here and how do get all of the Universal Laws.

Law of Action - Must be employed in order for us to manifest things on earth. We must engage in actions that supports our thoughts dreams, emotions and words

Law of Cause and Effect - Nothing happens by chance or outside the Universal Laws.. Every Action(including thought) has a reaction or consequence "We reap what we sow"
Ect
MackDamion

Con

MackDamion forfeited this round.
Thiest_1998

Pro

Thiest_1998 forfeited this round.
MackDamion

Con

MackDamion forfeited this round.
Thiest_1998

Pro

Any reply
MackDamion

Con

MackDamion forfeited this round.
Thiest_1998

Pro

Anything?
MackDamion

Con

MackDamion forfeited this round.
Posted by Brendan21 7 months ago
Brendan21
@Rumywonder Maybe you should talk more respectfully to people if you claim to be Christian, because your are clearly not follow Christian morals talking to someone that way.
Posted by rumywonder 7 months ago
rumywonder
Consecrational demon. . . I will debate anyone. . . . But more than that I want to befriemd anyone. . . You make the debate. Ill sign up. I have fought death and I have won. Bring it on peach puff
Posted by ConserativeDemocrat 7 months ago
ConserativeDemocrat
Rumywonder, do you want to debate me?
Posted by Brendan21 7 months ago
Brendan21
@rumywonder First off, I want to thank you, you've remained candor even with lots of people seeming like badgering you so nice job. Second, I can agree that the Bible has some pretty important and beneficial philosophy to humanity and that young girls these days are being exposed to and essentially sold sex way too early and it is disgraceful as a society. My issue is that the Bible, from an objective stand point, is just another book written by humans. There are so many religions now and before Christianity/Judism and to me it just seems like the luck of the draw as to which religion you are born into. I was raised Catholic and honestly was a firm believer until I was 17 when I started really asking questions my parents couldn't answer. Thinking about it objectively is hard to do, but when done, there is little real reason to hold the Bible on its pedestal.
Posted by rumywonder 7 months ago
rumywonder
Mack damen. . . Some Christians seem pushy because they are excited to get thier message across. I don't like Bible bashers either. I have never preached to anyone. In fact this is the first time I've talked about my understanding, and it's because everyone keeps arguing with me about it. Ti me it seems like people want to know more about what I believe in and why. In any church there are as many understandins of the Bible as there are people in the church. But every one is there because they are United in the core belief of Jesus. This is why the Bible is so great. It brings diversity as well as unity.
Posted by rumywonder 7 months ago
rumywonder
Personally I think gay marriage is bad but there are other Christians who don't. It's not about condemning anyone for Christ didn't come to condemn but to save. Biblical teaching is about what God wants for us, to have the best life we can have, one that is worth living for ever. The ten commandments are a good example to teach our kids. Society is teaching promiscuity and sexual gratification of all desires. This sort of thing is enslaving young women especially by such things as the slave trade. These things are wrong and clearly against what God wants for His people. You don't have to look far to see the bad stuff that's happening as a result of people not observing the teachings. One of the best organizations I subscribe to is Insight for Living. Old Chucky Swindell is a fine preacher who has helped many people. Maybe google him because he is easy to listen to and answers questions a lot better than I can. Like I said, most people who are really against the Bible present the same arguments about contradictions or interpretations. It is all about attitude. Sometimes we may need to adjust our attitudes in order to be more receptive to wisdom for living by.
Posted by MackDamion 7 months ago
MackDamion
To me, the theists tend to pick out what they want from the Bible. It's almost like selective hearing. Unless it's something they want to hear, they won't listen. Just the other day, I was sitting in church and they had some speakers come in and speak to us. The first speaker kept yelling saying that the bible was true we must follow it. It was basically all being shoved down my throat. The second speaker talked about dating. They said that as a Christian, you should not date non-christians. I called bull on that because I'm a non-christian and my boyfriend and I work out perfectly. One of my ex boyfriend's was an atheist. That never got in the way. I hate when people try to shove their religion down your throat. It doesn't help. It only makes you throw all back up again.
Posted by Brendan21 7 months ago
Brendan21
@Rumywonder So if Leviticus and Deuteronomy are old law, why do people still believe that gay marriage, for instance, is still against God's commandments? Christians love to pick and chose what they like about the Old Testament and the "Old Law" such as the ten commandments but then when you quote something they don't like from that part they say "oh no it's old, Jesus is a hero"
Posted by rumywonder 7 months ago
rumywonder
Jesus was very revolutionary about women's rights. People at the time didn't like that. I hope this helps you understand the Bible better because it seems deniers have everything mixed up and out of context. Im not a Bible scholar.there are other people who can explain y a lot better.
Posted by rumywonder 7 months ago
rumywonder
That is old law that Jesus didn't like. For that the religious leaders killed Him and then denied He ever existed. The same thing happens today because people will do anything to deny the salvation that He offers. It's pretty simple. There are lots of laws today that I don't agree with . how does that mean that God doesn't exist?