SexyMan6969
Defeatingbinkie

Why don't we burn all muslims?

SexyMan6969

Pro

Muslims are like the plague, the smell and are quite stupid. They bombed my mum and I think they should all die. I know some muslims are kind, but if we completely abolish all of them, that would be a worthy sacrifice. Yeah, and don't even get me started on christianity. They are smelly and do not like me just as much as they like god.
Defeatingbinkie

Con

I will be opposing pros argument that all Muslims should be burned.

Before we talk about what religions are good/bad or who should die because of the fact that they follow said religion and/or "smell bad", let's start from the beginning. Humans

Mankind has seen many years of development throughout the world, thus creating a plethora of different moral values, religions, customs, technology, etc. And many of us tend to forget that the world is a large and mysterious place.

Our world as of now is filled to the brim with different religions and belief systems that of course not everyone is going to accept those of others as they oppose what they believe to be right. This in fact may actually lead to extremists who may actually take their religion a bit too far and do things that most of us would see as disgusting or heinous.

Muslims are notorious for being "terrorists", there are many stereotypes to this such as flying a plane into something or strapping a bomb to ones chest in attempt to suicide bomb something to cause great damage. The fact is that yes there are quite a bit of Muslims who take their beliefs to the extremes, but there are those kinds of people in any religion.
And this is the part where we start talking about "terrorists".

Terrorist: "A person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims."
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...

Terrorism: "The use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal."
http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Now as my opponent has stated "They bombed my mum and I think they should all die. I know some Muslims are kind, but if we completely abolish all of them, that would be a worthy sacrifice.

We can infer that he has some aggressive emotions towards the followers of Islam as a whole (Muslims) and pursues the fact they should ALL be burned for what a single member or few followers of Islam has done.

This act would be considered genocide and there would be no possible way of the situation turning for the better as there are too many Muslims in the world, and this is ignoring the fact that there have been many influential people in The US's history who have influenced a great number people in positive ways.

My opponent is telling us that we should burn, Malcolm X, Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, and even Dave Chappelle!
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Punishing a whole entire group for the actions of just a few is just to far fetched to be reasonable, let alone possible. Islam is too large of a religion to punish and even if the entire population on earth (excluding Muslims) acted upon such acts. You would have to wipe out countries upon countries in order to wipe out Islam.

There is a famous quote from a man named Medgar Evers that goes "You can kill a man, but not an idea"
http://www.brainyquote.com...

So even if you "burn" all Muslims on planet earth. There will still be books of Islam, religious text of Islam on the web, and people who will still worship Islam.

As a side note, just because someone "smells" and are "quite stupid" as my opponent has stated. It is not a proper reason to do something as terrible as burning them alive. If that was the case I would be frightened as to make sure I wore deodorant everyday of my life (but we all know that sometimes we forget to put some deodorant on every once in awhile)
SexyMan6969

Pro

SexyMan6969 forfeited this round.
Defeatingbinkie

Con

Defeatingbinkie forfeited this round.
SexyMan6969

Pro

SexyMan6969 forfeited this round.
Defeatingbinkie

Con

Defeatingbinkie forfeited this round.
Posted by Hotdog12321 1 year ago
Hotdog12321
I know who the victor will be, but I REALLY want to see this debate
Posted by Donderpants 1 year ago
Donderpants
Affirming, I don't know much about you, but judging off how completely your debating fails, you've had it rough. They're SMELLY? So the natural reaction is to burn them all. You know, noxious gas and flame generally shouldn't mix anyway. I get a sense there's some personal vendetta against Islam.
Posted by PRO7471 1 year ago
PRO7471
This Starting Argument is certainly novel XD