iTz_Oldy
Ato

Why don't you ever play your own games nor listen to what we have to say?

iTz_Oldy

Con

Why don't ever have the time to play your own game bro? Like, all we do is tell you s#@t and you never get a chance to listen to us. Like, why don't you ever hop on your own game bro? Cuz right now, half of the peeps here are saying that you don't ever read there own posts. NEVER! I mean, I know you're a busy guy but can ever just listen to us? I mean, Idc if CoD's comp or not. I just care if you have 2 f***ing ears to listen to the peeps cry. So, plz tell me how are you ever going to fix MM when there's no point in life to make another?!
Ato

Pro

(Context for voters: I'm one of developers of an online game called Murder Miners for Xbox 360 and PC. Contender here is a player who's argument seems to be that 1) I should play the game and 2) I should listen to the players.)

As for #1, if you look at my Steam profile (http://steamcommunity.com...) you can see that I currently have 263 hours logged into Murder Miners. And that's just the PC version; I put even more hours into the Xbox version before we started working on the PC port. A lot of that time was testing time though, not actual playtime with players. But even if we factored those hours out, I'm sure I would still have more hours played than the vast majority of our players.

That said, we've been working on this game since October 2011 so we're closing in on 4 years of development time. It's hard for some people to understand this, but after working/testing/playing a game throughout 4 years you tend to not have much desire to play it. Despite that though, we still host community playdates every Wednesday. We've been doing this consistently every week for the past few months. I often play in these playdates, but they're hosted by a fellow dev of the game. This is much more than what most developers do. The contender would need to explain why we ought to play more than this, or why I personally (I'm just one of the developers) ought to play more than I do (I still play every once in awhile apart from the playdates).

Pretty much the same deal with #2. I'm sure we've interacted/listened to our players much more than the vast majority of indie developers. In fact, on Xbox we had over 18,000 friends on our gamertags who were each sent a personalized voice message, thanking them for their interest in the game. That's a pretty unprecedented level of community interaction. And I do read the forums. And the dev who hosts the weekly playdates listens and responds to the players during those playdates. I do too whenever I play.

So to sum it up, the amount of playtime we've put into the game surely surpasses the playtime most other indie developers put into their games post-release, and the amount of time that we've spent listening and responding to players I'm sure also surpasses most other indie developers. Regardless of whether those statements are true or not, the Contender would still need to explain why we owe the players more than what we've already given them, for a $1 or $2 game no less.
iTz_Oldy

Con

iTz_Oldy forfeited this round.
Ato

Pro

Ato forfeited this round.
iTz_Oldy

Con

iTz_Oldy forfeited this round.
Ato

Pro

Ato forfeited this round.
iTz_Oldy

Con

iTz_Oldy forfeited this round.
Ato

Pro

Unfortunately I forgot to post in the last two rounds. The contender doesn't seem to have a winning argument here though. I do play our game and I do listen to fans. If he wants more than what I already give he needs to explain why I ought to give more.