faith123
TheWalkingDrums

Why fast food is bad

TheWalkingDrums

faith123

Pro

Fast food is very bad and can cause a lot of bad things
TheWalkingDrums

Con

Fast foods are good. Not all foods from fast food chains are bad:

- Kentucky Fried Chicken Picks
Is the drive-thru the fast lane to a heart attack? On the one hand, it's true: One slipup ("okay, sure, I'll take the large fries and apple pie with that") and you can add more than 800 high-in-saturated-fat calories to your takeout. But there is good news. Some of the burgers, sides, sandwiches, and even desserts aren't as bad for you as you might think. In fact, some are downright light! Here are 24 fast-food picks that are all figure-friendly -- unless of course you order them all at once.

- KFC Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
120 calories
4.5g fat, 1g saturated fat
Even when made with milk and butter (some KFCs use these ingredients; others don't), mashed is always better than fried. Don't worry about the gravy; it adds only a few calories and just half a gram of fat.

- KFC Original Recipe Drumstick
140 calories
8g fat, 2g saturated fat
Order one regular drumstick (avoid the Extra Crispy, which is just fast-food speak for "extra high in saturated and trans fats"), and fill up on the chain's better-for-you sides, such as corn on the cob, baked beans, or a small helping of the next two choices on our list.

- KFC Potato Salad
180 calories
9g fat, 1.5g saturated fat
Made with red bell peppers, onions, celery, and about a tablespoon of mayo, this is a tasty, trans-fat-free alternative to the deep-fried Potato Wedges.

- KFC Cole Slaw
190 calories
11g fat, 2g saturated fat
Cole slaw's two main ingredients have a lot going for them: Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber; carrots are chock-full of vitamins A, K, and C and potassium.

- KFC Honey BBQ Sandwich
300 calories
6g fat, 1.5g saturated fat
Don't let the thick, sweet sauce fool you: This Southern specialty is actually the lowest-calorie full-size sandwich on the menu.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com...
faith123

Pro

faith123 forfeited this round.
faith123

Pro

faith123 forfeited this round.
TheWalkingDrums

Con

I cannot argue if Pro wouldn't answer. Adding arguments would "disrespect" him.
faith123

Pro

faith123 forfeited this round.
TheWalkingDrums

Con

TheWalkingDrums forfeited this round.
faith123

Pro

faith123 forfeited this round.
TheWalkingDrums

Con

End of debate.

God bless everyone. :)
Posted by RationalMadman 3 years ago
RationalMadman
If fast food is bad it is inherently good at being bad.

paradoxical resolutions fail.
Posted by jayteescout 3 years ago
jayteescout
I would like to accept this debate, if there is anyone else who agrees with pro, I will challenge you to a debate about this issue.
Posted by Ore_Ele 3 years ago
Ore_Ele
I would be more than happy to accept.
Posted by The_Master_Riddler 3 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
I want to accept this debate, but you made the criterion hard for me to accept.
Posted by baseballkid 3 years ago
baseballkid
what is the criteria?
Posted by Zaradi 3 years ago
Zaradi
I just don't even think fast food in and of itself is very bad. I'm a frequent of McDonalds and Sonic and a bunch of other fast food places and my mom has been claiming that I'm getting thinner. The real problem is over-indulgence in fast food is bad for your health. Controlled eating of fast food is okay, especially when supplemented with working out.
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
Hey, a person can choke on carrots. So carrots are bad. I think the resolution should be reworded to make it a better topic for debate. Maybe, "people should not eat food" or "fast food should be required to meet health standards" or something related to what should be done, rather than what it is.
Vote Placed by Ike-Jin-Park 3 years ago
Ike-Jin-Park
faith123TheWalkingDrumsTied
Reasons for voting decision: As Roy Lantham said in the comments, this debate was a value debate where both sides try to prove the statement to be true, which in this debate was very problematic. It is evident that fast food are in fact harmful. Con gave some example of salads that do not have so much calorie but that does not dispprove the entire statement (which I consider to be a trusim) that fast food is bad. Salads are just few items out of lists and lists of harmful items sold by fast food companies. But despite of Con's stance, Pro forfeited all other rounds. So this debate goes to Con.