Why is Con gay?

First round is acceptance.

No semantics or kritics, or I win this debate.

Hopefully this isn't a troll debate. It wasn't made entirely clear how this debate was to be structured or what point my opponent must make to win the debate.

I'll make the assumption that I will give the explanation as to why I am gay and the opponent will attempt to prove that those reasons are incorrect. Let's get started.

There are no doubt a variety of factors that have influenced my sexuality and formed it into what it is today. I'll try to cover the main ones.

1. Exposure to homosexual visual stimuli before heterosexual visual stimuli.

Or put another way, at a very young age I was exposed to gay pornography first. This was largely due to my inability to spell certain key words that would lead me to find straight pornography. Specifically, my image search for straight porn returned images of the state of "Virginia". This all happened around the young age of 8 or 9, as I was becoming sexually aware.

This is important because I began to associate the feeling of sexual gratitude with homosexual acts, rather than straight ones.

2. Exposure to 'partners' of the same-sex before different sex partners.

Parents don't let their male children too close to other females at the ripe age of 12 because things can happen very quickly. However, parents willingly let young boys hang out together with little to no supervision. It was these circumstances that brought me together with another young boy who also was first exposed to homosexuality before heterosexuality.

Together, visual stimuli helped allow us to physically explore homosexuality. This effectively took my forming sexuality from being biased toward homosexuality to extremely biased toward homosexuality -- as acts of the mind became physical acts.

3. Acceptance of parents and non-judgemental community.

The final thing that allowed my biased-toward-homosexuality to stick was an environment where such a sexuality was not punished or judged. My parents were very accepting of the idea as were many of my friends. Of course, there were times when I met people who were bullies, but the amount of acceptance far outweighed the judgement.

All of these facts together have led me to be the homosexual I am today. I'm not yet convinced that people are "born gay", but I do believe that physical experiences can create psychological biases, which eventually becomes set in stone.

As you are developing, sexually, your sexual preferences are very much fluid. As you become fully developed, however, these sexual preferences become quite set in stone. There is not doubt that I am fully homosexual, as it stands today. Nothing could bias me toward heterosexuality at this point.

Note: This was originally intended to be a troll debate. However, I'm bored, so I guess I'll do my best to refute Con's arguments.

1. Con provides no sources to explain why homosexuality would result from exposure to homosexuality. Many children are taught about homosexuality, and this does not mean they will become homosexual.

2. You would have to have, at least in some way, wanted to do those things to actually do them. In some way, then, you were already gay.

3. This argument revolves around the premise that acceptance from people changes whether a child becomes gay. This premise is false. The fact that it is false is the reason that things like "gay therapy" do not work.

Con, then, must be gay because he was born that way.

Disclaimer: I actually agree with most of what Con says. I am doing this for the purpose of debate.

Cobalt forfeited this round.

Cobalt forfeited this round.

I must apologize. I've been out of country for a while in the Dominican Republican. The cousins had a wedding.

Since I wasn't here to argue, I won't vie for the win. However, I will vie for the tie.

The opponent admitted that this was a troll debate and that he doesn't believe in the positions he has argued. I have made a compelling argument based upon my own experiences as a gay man.

1. The opponent doesn't believe in his own arguments,

2. The opponent doesn't attempt to justify his arguments through personal experience or expert opinion,

This round should be a tie. Or, if you like punishing trolls, a win for me. Conversely, if you like punshing forfeits, a round for my opponent. In balance, a tie is most likely in order. This wasn't set up to be a serious debate in the beginning and it wasn't treated as such. Go figure.
Posted by JernHenrik 1 year ago
This is VERY funny!
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Lol you really need to specificy it's a troll debate if it's actually a troll debate. Now the universe just trolled you XD
Posted by Atheist-Independent 1 year ago
"This was meant to be a troll debate. However, I'm bored so I guess I'll do my best to refute Con's arguments"
Isn't that how troll debates begin? Out of sheer boredom?
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
Sure. Why not.
Posted by Cobalt 1 year ago
Well I took it to another level. Meet me there?
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
This is a troll debate. I have nothing against homosexuals. Even if I did, why would I initiate such a stupid debate?
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
What are you Pro? What position?
Vote Placed by Wylted 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: I'm not sure how to vote on this. I'll come back in a few days