provideoman123
The-Voice-of-Truth

Why is everyone except for me stupid?

The-Voice-of-Truth

provideoman123

Pro

Okay..... I get As in all my classes. I am 14 years old and already in advanced math. My teacher says that i have a lot of potential so I take extra math classes to improve my ability,.. Some of my friends call me a stupid but that's because they are jealous. i am a genius who doesn't try in school because it is too easy for me. everyone Else is stupider than me. I skipped over trig and calculus and went straight to quantum and nuclear physics. I saw an equation the other day and it hit me. I'm 14 and currently trying to create a quantum field manipulator(lets you reconstruct atoms by manipulating their electrons). This is why i am a superior human being than all of you.
The-Voice-of-Truth

Con

Rules:
You did not provide any rules, so I will.

Round 1: Acceptance and first argument
Round 2: Rebuttals
Round 3: Conclusion

Arguments:
You are not the most supreme human on the planet Earth; you are simply advanced in mathematics.

Every person has their own field that they excel in. I will use myself as an example.

I am exceptional at writing, and I understand grammar fairly easily. I am educated on military equipment, strategy, and tactics.

I would disprove your claims, but I am severely hindered by the character limit that you have set. Let me just say that I can identify 24 grammatical errors in your argument that you may not even know about.

You are not superior; you simply have a different intelligence.

provideoman123

Pro

Alright I see what you have said and with regards to you i say that your skill is almost like mine. However I know that I am not only a mathematic man of skill. Given that I can create new words in English makes me an exception to others. My teacher have always commended me on my skill with the French language, in addition to english. I am perfectly aware of my mistakes in a conscious effort to lower meself to a level of understanding. I am a gifted child, as others have confirmed, now i even have a certificate to prove it. Of course I am superior, people i know dont act like me. smart people always act the same. Just like me and older people, we often have the same thoughts and do not act like kids of my age (hyper, crazy etc...))
The-Voice-of-Truth

Con

Arguments:

1. Just because you can create words in English does not mean that you are superior.
I can create new words; I will do that right now.

New English Word: Serumptuous. Serumptuous means: "of loose translation; able to be defined in several ways."

Now that I have created a new word, you are not an exception.

2. There are 18 grammatical errors in your argument (still not superior).

3. I too am advanced in mathematics. I took Algebra 2 in the 7th Grade, and passed it with flying colors.

4. I have the education level of a Junior in College (but I am only 16; you could say that I am gifted).

5. I know German, and I have had teachers commend me on my skills as well.

Ich auch sehr klug. Sie dran, um zu schreiben.
provideoman123

Pro

Just to humor you and your pathetic self, I will make this argument with no grammatical errors for your pleasure. I am currently working on my masters thesis with honors at McGill University for mathematics and physics, and have skipped 6 grade levels in total. The project I am working on with the quantum field manipulator is a project not shown to the general public, as it is completely experimental. It may seem impossible to create, but that is why they chose me as part of their research team for quantum physics. They realized that I had the greatest chance of completing this task throughout the course of my lifetime as with my young age I could continue for many years to come. I feel sorry for your ignorance.
The-Voice-of-Truth

Con

Arguments:
You are still not superior; you are just an educated, narcissistic sociopath.

You have committed 2 logical fallacies in your previous argument (I bet you cannot find them).

Also, there are still grammatical errors in your argument; 5 of them, to be precise (I bet you cannot find those either).

Good for you working on the quantum field manipulator, but just because you are working on an experimental project, that does not mean that you are superior in any way.

I am not ingnorant; I realize that you are intelligent and that you are applying your intelligence to a difficult task. I am not pathetic, either; I do not arouse pity in anyone (except maybe you). If anything, you are the pathetic one here.
Posted by lol101 2 years ago
lol101
14 years old? Your account says 17!!!
Posted by footballchris561 2 years ago
footballchris561
"everyone except for me is stupid"

"Of course, you may be intelligent"

Truth is only truth when it is objective. The truth is only objective when it is relevant. When the (assumed) truth is not relevant it is subjective. In psychology an irrelevant statement is usually subjective. This is an analysis used in therapy and other things. A slight irrelevant assurance of ability might indicate low self esteem. But this is not slight nor just an assurance. You are widely advertising is and are completely confident you are right not accepting any alternative possibilities. That is narcissism.

Same with you really12. (even though I still think you are the same person) Narcissism can come in many different forms. Beauty, strength, skill, intelligence, even pity, and sometimes more specific like wanting people to think you are humble and or hard working. You even appealed to your audience, the "individuals on this website" which is a red flag for narcissism. Also your misuse of the uncommon word "incongruous". But it was mostly just the fact the your statement was irrelevant and subjective.

An example of what is not narcissism, The-Voice-of-Truth objectively stated that he excels in the use and observation of grammar using it as an argument in a debate. This is an attempt to argue the psychological semantics of intelligence.
Posted by really12 2 years ago
really12
Provideoman123,

What you perceive as truth and falsity is irrelevant. The act of clearly stating that you are superior to everyone and anyone is the definition of narcissism.
Posted by provideoman123 2 years ago
provideoman123
You are not better than me. But I am not saying that you are bad. Of course, you may be intelligent. But my main message was to convey that I am superior. That does not mean that you are bad, it just means that I am higher than you. This does not sound narcissistic at all to me, because I am telling the truth.
Posted by really12 2 years ago
really12
I'm sorry if I came off as being narcissistic and boastful.
Posted by footballchris561 2 years ago
footballchris561
You planned this in order to contradict your own severe narcissism by stating the problem and then you counter with your own irrelevant moderate narcissism. "I'm not smarter than all of you but I'm smarter than most of you." Wanting people to think you are smart but also humble.

I get it. It's a natural human thought to want to brag so you can think that people think that you are better than them. But the whole lying planning thing is a whole other thing. Even if you are telling the truth people either don't believe you or don't care.
Posted by really12 2 years ago
really12
My apologies for misspelling your uersnane, footballchris561, I will further state that I have an iq of 115 and therefore, am not even of superior intellect.

There are a myriad of intellectual individuals who I'm sure would excel far beyond my intelligence.

I am also aware that intelligence is not fully measured through an iq score but I believe that I have adequately conveyed my message.
Posted by really12 2 years ago
really12
Footballchris961,

Ok, please allow me to make this abundantly clear, I did not state that I was a genius. Education and knowledge are two incongruous things.

Additionally, I am not 14 years of age, I am 18 and wad born and raised in Australia.
Posted by footballchris561 2 years ago
footballchris561
I think really12 and provideoman123 are the same person.
Posted by really12 2 years ago
really12
The instigator, "provideoman124", may already be doing an undergraduate degree at the age of fourteen but what is his alma mater? I received a Kennedy scholar to Harvard university and I am no where near as intelligent as some individuals on this website. I merely worked for my scholar.
Vote Placed by 4God 2 years ago
4God
provideoman123The-Voice-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well, I think my reason for my vote is obvious. @provideoman ever heard of pride comes before downfall? "Confidence turns into pride only when you are in denial of your mistakes." -Criss Jami
Vote Placed by imabench 2 years ago
imabench
provideoman123The-Voice-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: yep
Vote Placed by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
provideoman123The-Voice-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ad hominems. Poor S/G. Need I say more?
Vote Placed by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
provideoman123The-Voice-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's spelling & grammar and conduct overpowered Pro. Pro's arguments were unconvincing and weak, with no proof whatsoever.
Vote Placed by beanall 2 years ago
beanall
provideoman123The-Voice-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Do I really need to put a RVD?
Vote Placed by Joss_Whedon 2 years ago
Joss_Whedon
provideoman123The-Voice-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is a Narcissist. And semi-idiotic.
Vote Placed by TheYummyCod 2 years ago
TheYummyCod
provideoman123The-Voice-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: The resolution for this debate was "Why is everyone except for me stupid?" In essence, this debate was based upon a loaded question. However, this resolution has been interpreted in this debate to mean "Whether or not everyone except for [provideoman123] is stupid," because you have to reach that conclusion before you can even consider the literal interpretation of the resolution. The BOP in my opinion was on Pro, because he had to first prove that everyone except for him is stupid before they can move onto the actual resolution, which is why everyone except for him is stupid. Pro had to prove beyond doubt that: Everyone besides him is stupid, and His reason why everyone else is stupid is correct. Pro's debate was doomed from the start. Rather than trying to show why everyone else was stupid, he tried to show that he was smart, and he did so using no sources, and no backing to his argument. RFD Continued in Comments.
Vote Placed by ClashnBoom 2 years ago
ClashnBoom
provideoman123The-Voice-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro called Con pathetic. Pro used dumb arguments. Con corrected Pro's grammar.
Vote Placed by footballchris561 2 years ago
footballchris561
provideoman123The-Voice-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Spelling and grammar: Numerous mistakes pointed out by con. Argument: Pro had no proof, no evidence, and no logic behind his claim. Since no rules were stated, grammar can be a form of intelligence which con pointed out that pros grammar was bad. Sources: Pro lost sources as he simply made too many claims with absolutely zero sources. Even some proof of this certificate he claimed he had might have done him justice.