KingDebater
Polevaulter1

Why is it that cripples get wheelchairs and at school I can't get a swivel chair most of the time!!

Polevaulter1

KingDebater

Pro

Bill from down the road runs into a tree and really hurts both his legs. So much so that they are completely and utterly and completely useless. Well done, Bill! Here's your reward, a free wheelchair.

Meanwhile, non-clumsy-oafs like me go to school every day (except saturday and sunday hehehe) and what's our reward? We get just plain chairs, ones that can swivel are a rare treat.

Really, I think we should flip this situation around. Numb brains like Bill deserve to suffer on second-rate too-small-for-even-the-year-below's-Fred-Valinskis chairs, and normal people who aren't doing anything wrong deserve good chairs that can swivel and double as a vehicle and perhaps even talk [1].

[1] http://yandex.com...
Polevaulter1

Con

The reason that wheelchairs are needed to help the healing process for legs to heal. Wheelchairs is not a reward, they are more of a punishment in a sense. Since people in wheelchairs can't go up stairs so in my school (I don't know if your school has 2 floors.) and have to go in a different spot to go up an elevator. Wheelchairs are a hassle to deal with and should not be considered a reward.

Also, they don't give wheelchairs to everyone since it makes everyday tasks longer.

What you said: Really, I think we should flip this situation around. Numb brains like Bill deserve to suffer on second-rate too-small-for-even-the-year-below's-Fred-Valinskis chairs, and normal people who aren't doing anything wrong deserve good chairs that can swivel and double as a vehicle and perhaps even talk

Counter: The reason is they need those wheelchairs to get around. If what your saying is happened, the people in the wheelchair have to get up with their not working legs, sit down in the "second-rate too-small-for-even-the-year-below's-Fred-Valinskis chairs" and then after get up and get in the wheelchair. While able legged people got the wheelchair. Also, I see you bring up Steven Hawking. Steven Hawking has neuro-muscular dystrophy. Which means he is paralyzed. He did not choose to be in the wheelchair, he was forced into it.(http://www.ask.com...)

Schools don't have swivel chairs is because they cost more. Also, they provide a distraction, an make it less likely to teach students in schools. Now I have a question to further my understanding: Why do you want chairs with wheels so badly?

In conclusion: You don't have a wheelchair because you have working legs. Enjoy them while "Bill" Cannot. That's your reward for being a "non-clumsy-oaf"
KingDebater

Pro

Wheelchairs are in no way a punishment. Who wouldn't admire an extra set of wheels? It's better than just not having a wheelchair.

I don't proprose that we necessarily give wheelchairs to everyone (#lol I'm not an idiot), but swivel chairs would be an improvement.

They need those wheelchairs to get around? I say no way! For example, when I am on the slide I do not need any legs. I just slide down the slide and then I get to where I want to go. So, you don't need legs or wheelchairs or anything. Duh.
Stephen Hawking? Oh, you mean Stevie Hawkins, wheelchair-bound scientist. Hawkins is really part of the point I was making of what a swivel or wheel chair can do for a person, especially a non-clumsy-oaf.

Swivel chairs cost more? Pfft. Just take three of the legs off of a normal chair and then put the other leg in the middle. It shouldn't be that hard for chair factory workers to handle !!

In conclusion, I am right and con is an idiot whose opinions should be taken as seriously as a Jehovah's witness and a Cena fan.

none. (don't need any, you know I'm right)
Polevaulter1

Con

What he said: Wheelchairs are in no way a punishment. Who wouldn't admire an extra set of wheels? It's better than just not having a wheelchair.

Counter: how would you feel if you could not walk. That is the persons "punishment" for breaking his legs useless. (Unrelated: send him my condolences, its painful to completely destroy your legs)

What he said: They need those wheelchairs to get around? I say no way! For example, when I am on the slide I do not need any legs. I just slide down the slide and then I get to where I want to go. So, you don't need legs or wheelchairs or anything. Duh.

Counter: Number one, slides aren't installed everywhere, and you need a mode of transportation in school to get to classes. Why they need a wheelchair since their legs aren't functional at the time. Also slides only work when your going down. To get back up you need a mode of transportation, for example legs or wheelchair. But that's not the point of this debate.

What he said: Swivel chairs cost more? Pfft. Just take three of the legs off of a normal chair and then put the other leg in the middle. It shouldn't be that hard for chair factory workers to handle !!

Counter: If what you are proposing works it would be unbalanced which in schools having injuries due to people falling on the time. Which would lead to some lawsuits from parents. Which would earn more money the school has to pay. Also, a factory worker puts more time into making the chair you proposed. Since it would take longer to build with man power. It would be priced higher than one with less time to make. In conclusion for this more money would be spent.

What he said: Oh, you mean Stevie Hawkins, wheelchair-bound scientist.

Counter: Its not "Stevie Hawkins" Its Stephen Hawking (http://www.hawking.org.uk...)

Conclusion: Swivel chairs would distract students more than regular chairs. Cripples need wheelchairs because they are cripples. They need it to get around.
Posted by shawn0178 3 years ago
shawn0178
ok you know this argument is dumb because how would bill has broke both his legs how would he get around when you can move around all you wnat because your legs arent broke so do you think it would be fair if someone had took a chair you were going to set down in when your legs are broke do you see my point or not
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
KingDebaterPolevaulter1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to pro. Con shouldn't have accepted this type of debate.
Vote Placed by Pokemonzr 3 years ago
Pokemonzr
KingDebaterPolevaulter1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Calling your opponent an idiot and using an undertone is not good conduct whatsoever; conduct points go to con. Pro had no sources, and said at one point where his sources should have been (Duh im right), which proves bad conduct and unreliable sources. Both sides used horrific grammar that made their arguments difficult to understand for me, but con did have more convincing arguments. Overall victory goes to Con.
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
KingDebaterPolevaulter1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: "In conclusion, I am right and con is an idiot whose opinions should be taken as seriously as a Jehovah's witness and a Cena fan" .... Sources-Click on Pro's and you'll see why... Convincing arguments- both were good but Con's was better... Sorry Pro!