Solomon_Grim
HexerMastah

Why is my God correct?

Solomon_Grim

Solomon_Grim

Pro

I have seen you debate this with other people, but no one seems to be debating the point you wanted. I would like to show why my God is correct compared to other religions. I am a Christian; Baptist. First round can be be acceptance if you want, and then I will show my points.
HexerMastah

Con

I would first like to thank you sir, I do accept your challenge. I look forward to hearing your points
Solomon_Grim

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate. I hope it ends well for both of us.

As I said before, I am a fundamentalist Christian and I intend to show you why I believe I'm correct compared to both atheism and other religions. Let me say first off that I will try not to use science to prove religion, since we both can probably agree that science will only land us in an odd middle ground where nothing can be proved or disproved. I don't think either of us wants that. So I will use logic and examples to show why Christianity is correct.

Above atheism- So why is Christianity right other than atheism. Let us look at both.

Christianity is the largest religion on the planet. It is actually larger than the next two largest combined. Many people will claim that this follows the majority equals correctness fallacy. However, think of it like this. If two billion people took a medicine, and they all claimed it helped them, it would be seen as a miracle drug. Why do we not view beliefs the same way. Two billion people say that Christianity is the best and happiest way to live, why not listen?

Now lets look at where these people stand. If you look at a map of where different religions are located, you find something very interesting. Atheism is focused in either oppressive nations that force atheism on their citizens, or in richer nations like America or England. So it is interesting that atheists only exist heavily in places where they have to be atheist or nations where they are well off.

Christianity on the other hand is spread throughout the world.
http://dailyatheistquote.com...
This shows how Christianity is also the widest spread of all religions. Christianity helps people in both well off and oppressive nations. People risk their lives to be a Christian in many nations, yet it is still the fastest growing on the planet.

Christianity is the largest, most wide spread, quickest growing, and yet most persecuted religion on the planet. Doesn't that say something. Christianity is the least violent of all major religions. There is no nation in existence that forces Christianity on their people. Doesn't that speak volumes about it. Plus, many people are helped by Christianity. Just look up stories of former prisoners or killers who become amazing people after being saved.

The fact that prisoners, mental wards, killers, sociopaths, satanists can all be saved implies two things. If Christianity is true, these people being helped makes sense. If Christianity is incorrect, this is frightening. This means that a false ideology is more helpful than our prison systems, therapies, rehabs, asylums. Just go look up some stories of people being saved, its amazing.

Against other religions-
This may be a more general argument against world religions, but I'll keep it short. Mainly, Christianity is the only religion of love. This may seem bold to claim, but here are the examples.

Islam- many people are split over what to think about Islam. Several people claim that Islam is peaceful, however many verses of the Koran instructs to kill infidels, or people of other religions. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com...
This will explain it farther. I don't think I need to really show any more.

Buddhism- many people claim that Buddhism is the best religion due to them being seen peacefully, however that's not true. As you know, Buddhist doctrine instructs to detach yourself from physical items and emotions. This includes love. The very act of trying to reach enlightenment should relieve you of love to them. Also, its even more dangerous with the belief of reincarnation since you end up seeing others as unenlightened creatures with infinite lives. This is why several Asian nations, like Myanmar, suffers genocides performed by Buddhists.

Judaism- this religion revolves around tradition. No teachings of love really, so not much to say about this.

Hinduism- no teachings of love, but does teach reincarnation, so has the same issues as Buddhism in violent acts.

I think I have shown enough for round one. Thank you.
HexerMastah

Con

HexerMastah forfeited this round.
Solomon_Grim

Pro

I extend my arguements.
HexerMastah

Con

HexerMastah forfeited this round.
Solomon_Grim

Pro

If anyone would like to debate me on this, just send a request to me.
HexerMastah

Con

HexerMastah forfeited this round.
Solomon_Grim

Pro

I have nothing more to say.
HexerMastah

Con

HexerMastah forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
Solomon_GrimHexerMastahTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture. Side note for Pro, in the future put your links in parenthiesis () or they will become broken.
Vote Placed by WillRiley 3 years ago
WillRiley
Solomon_GrimHexerMastahTied
Reasons for voting decision: Personally, I loved Pro's arguments, but my main reason is forfeiture.
Vote Placed by Cold-Mind 3 years ago
Cold-Mind
Solomon_GrimHexerMastahTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
Solomon_GrimHexerMastahTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff