godsend221
Theoretician101

Why is the Bible claimed to be the Word of God?

godsend221

Con

I took the Con side because I want to hear reasons why it IS the word of God? I haven't heard much rationalization for treating the Bible as an infallible document. I want to be convinced.
Theoretician101

Pro

- Merely a discussion I presume, not particularly a debate. Well then, I chose to enter, meaning I will cooperate with you. Shall we begin.

Why the Bible is considered as a word of God

- Being an atheist myself, I do have knowledge in this particular field.

Definition

Before we begin this debate I think it is important to define your key factor in this debate "the Bible": The Bible is a "the book of sacred writings used in the Christian religion" it is also known as, "the book of sacred writings used in the Jewish religion (Old Testament) (1)."

Scientific accuracy

Most Christians believe that the Bible is a word of God because of its supposed "Scientific Accuracy." There is a quote in the Bible that states that God, "hangeth the earth upon nothing (Job 26:7)." Meaning, that God put Earth in space. The question is, how did Job know that Earth was in space during the time astronomical explorations weren't even considered at that time he has been writing the Bible? According to Job, the spirits told him that particular piece of information. Another particular quote that is taken into consideration is,
"It is [God] that sitteth upon the circle of the earth (Isaiah 40:22)." This particular quote describes the Earth's topographical feature and its shape. Meaning, that the Earth was round, but another inquiry is how did Isaiah know that the Earth was in the shape of the sphere if these discoveries like that weren't even explored during his time (2).

Uniqueness of the book

The Bible is considered unique upon its believers. It has been 1,500 periodic years since the Bible has been written by apostles/people who were inspired by God. Even due to God's diversity/how people see him he is one. He is just one; it's just peoples' interpretation for this being is different. The book is one of the world's top sellers which brought many people to faith and motivation. The Bible has more documentation than any other history book out there. The Bible has archaeological and historical accuracy as well. The Bible also has evidence of the fulfilled prophecy. The Bible always factualizes prophesier factors (3).

References:
[1]: http://www.merriam-webster.com...

[2]: http://www.christianity.com...
[3]: http://www.genesispark.com...
godsend221

Con

godsend221 forfeited this round.
Theoretician101

Pro

Theoretician101 forfeited this round.
godsend221

Con

godsend221 forfeited this round.
Theoretician101

Pro

Theoretician101 forfeited this round.
Posted by Theoretician101 3 years ago
Theoretician101
I was too lazy for I have not written my third paragraph, I am very busy at the moment, sorry.
Posted by Domr 3 years ago
Domr
There is no way to prove the Bible is infallible. That is why it preaches faith. If it can proven, faith is pointless, therefore making the purpose of Heaven moot.
Posted by Truth_seeker 3 years ago
Truth_seeker
What exactly is the burden of proof?