forrestokun
pixel8888

Why is the Mona Lisa considered a popular, beautiful work of art

pixel8888 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 2/1/2017 Category: Arts

forrestokun

Con

If you look at the Mona Lisa or any other style of art, what is the main reason they are considered famous, usually it's either the person was famous or social opinion has made it famous. I looked it up and the main reason the Mona Lisa is popular is because her smile is telling and mysterious, however who said this, why can't a third graders self portrait that they put a lot of time and effort into, be considered famous, you could say that there face was telling or something like that. What I'm trying to say is that social norms have made the Mona Lisa and other things not limited to artwork, beautiful.
pixel8888

Pro

The Mona Lisa is considered a beautiful work of art . The reason everyone cites for the Mona Lisa's popularity is her smile. The painting took two years to complete. This piece of art sitting behind a bullet proof glass at the museum in Paris, attracted around six million visitors per years. Only fifteen works can be assured attributed to the master , while there are just ten or so that are lost or disputed, so then, the painting has always been highly regarded. Until here, I would like to end my argument the title of ( Why is the Mona Lisa considered a popular, beautiful work of art).
forrestokun

Con

I am mildly confused by the end of your response, please elaborate. As for the rest, is what makes the Mona Lisa beautiful, its rarity? If so then why if I (and I have 0 artistic qualities) create something after two years and some people think it looks good, but that the only one I make, does that make it beautiful and or popular?
Posted by CosmoJarvis 11 months ago
CosmoJarvis
Pro's explanation is lacking greatly in detailed claims.