HexerMastah
THeMann32

Why is your 'God' the correct god?

HexerMastah

Con

I have made this argument before, but my opponent accepted and forfeited. So I would like to ask you Why your god is right and all others are wrong.
THeMann32

Pro

I accept the Affirmative of "Why is your God the correct God"

Well one must define god, and since there is no definition given, god is defined by "a spirit or being that has great power, strength, knowledge, etc., and that can affect nature and the lives of people"(http://www.merriam-webster.com...) . In every culture, there is worship of a higher power(s), weather it be called spirits, ancestors, Gods, God, Zeus etc,,, But the underlying commonality in these is that they all fit within a notion of God.

There is variation, but since every variation of religion, religion defined as "a body of beliefs and practices regarding the supernatural and the worship of one or more deities ", Since every religion does affirm the definition of god, they all are by definition correct, so the claim that someone's god is the correct one is correct, and the others same claim about their god is by definition also correct... (Religion definition from http://www.merriam-webster.com...)
HexerMastah

Con

I understand your meaning. Certain gods exist for certain people. I am asking why YOU'RE god is right. I for one am an atheist, I do not believe an any form of a god, but when I ask a Christian, they say "My god is real and all the others are false names." I want to know why the god you worship is correct and all the others are fake.
THeMann32

Pro

THeMann32 forfeited this round.
HexerMastah

Con

HexerMastah forfeited this round.
THeMann32

Pro

THeMann32 forfeited this round.
HexerMastah

Con

HexerMastah forfeited this round.
THeMann32

Pro

THeMann32 forfeited this round.
HexerMastah

Con

HexerMastah forfeited this round.
THeMann32

Pro

THeMann32 forfeited this round.
Posted by brontoraptor 4 months ago
brontoraptor
Because all other gods are represented by the sun moon or stars, including Satan.
Posted by Empiren 2 years ago
Empiren
:/ Well this is getting nowhere
Posted by SBDEBATER1 2 years ago
SBDEBATER1
Each and everyone of us looks up to a different Higher power. In all actuality we all have a different belief
Posted by Mr_Soundboard 2 years ago
Mr_Soundboard
I don't think I'll get into a debate about this but I will put forward my opinion, my God isn't someone or something new, it's the God of the old testament, the God of the Jews and the Christians. The most prominent God in all religious literature. But interpretations of God vary, with Christians believing in a trinity and the Jews believing in a jealous and vengeful God, something I would never attribute to Allah as a Muslim.

Even religions such as Sikhism or Hinduism believe in a central deity, more powerful than any others. But other Gods are a way of reaching that central, all powerful deity.