hummus123
DQIXHero

Why kids should be able to have their own computer

hummus123

Pro

Kids having their own computers means they can take their computer to school and get better grades. It also means they will take up their own space on their computer instead of yours.
DQIXHero

Con

Ok, first things first. Thank you for extending this match to me :) NOW ON WITH THE DUEL
But, if kids have their own computers, they might become addicted or they might find creepy/wrong/adult websites! Also, what if they drop it or break it? That would be, what, $10,000 dollars wasted. That's a LOT of cash to just lose. Therefore, I think that schools should have computer labs instead!
hummus123

Pro

Kids are responsible enough to not break their computer. I have had my computer for 6 months and haven't dropped it ONCE. If schools had computer labs, what if they weren't available during the day huh? That would stink. Oh wait, they would have their own computer so it wouldn't be a problem
DQIXHero

Con

If you're like a lot of kids, you probably spend time sitting at the computer, doing schoolwork or playing games. But whether you're writing a report about aardvarks or zapping aliens, using a computer can be tough on your body. How?

Sitting for a long time in positions that aren't natural for your body can strain your hands, wrists, back, and eyes. Over time, this can result in pain and a kind of injury called a repetitive stress injury.

Sitting Square in Your Chair
The way you sit is important. To sit square in your chair, put your behind in the center of the seat. Your legs should bend at the knees and rest on the floor. Most kids are too short to do this (like you), so use a footrest or find a box or a stack of books to place under your feet.

Sit so your back touches the seat back the whole time. Try not to slouch or lean over the keyboard while you type. A chair that has lower-back support can help you do this.

Typing Time
When you type, sit so your elbows are bent at 90-degree angles (like an "L"). Your wrists should be straight, not angled up or down so your fingers rest gently on the keys of the keyboard. And if it feels like you have to stretch your fingers to reach the keyboard, move it closer to you.

This website: http://kidshealth.org... gave all of this good info! SUCK IT
hummus123

Pro

Ok ok. I it. Their is some cons to this subject. But let me tell you something: Many kids have computers. Is their a story on the news everyday about how some kid dropped their computer? No. Everybody I know who has a computer has dropped it and guess what? It didn't break.
DQIXHero

Con

But, I know it's rare, it still might happen! If you dropped your computer, life could be miserable! No homework, no games, nothing! And, you would probably lose privileges for doing that!
hummus123

Pro

Who needs video games!! Oh no! I haven't played video games in a day! The world is going to end!! The world is not going to end if you have use your moms computer for a day while your computer is getting repaired. If you have computer insurance, the repair will be free!! You can also play games on your moms computer for a day. Nobody is going to mind. So this is why kids should be able to have their own computer.
DQIXHero

Con

But....what i you've installed certain games on your computer but your mom won't let you install on her computer. :/ AND, what if all your memory (INCLUDING your homework/schoolwork) is deleted? :P
hummus123

Pro

hummus123 forfeited this round.
DQIXHero

Con

Thank you for this debate![:-bd]
Posted by DQIXHero 5 years ago
DQIXHero
I have one! But that's it.
Posted by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
Kids who get their own computers? Spoiled. Some people aren't as lucky. :(