Fox_Allison
General_Schlieffen

Why might Minecraft be unpopular?

Fox_Allison

Pro

Minecraft is a popular game because it allows players to be creative in a place where noone can judge them. Also, players have a wonderful time going through all the different possibilities of creativity and gameplay options.
General_Schlieffen

Con

I completely agree with you, I find Minecraft to be a excellent relaxing game for people with a creative mind. But some people may find that the graphics are childish and the physics unrealistic ( I mean sand and gravel are the only blocks that fall? seriously). Some people may also find the online community full of 5 years old admins that have an itch for the ban hammer who will ban you for walking the wrong way. But thats just some people, I personally like the game and play it often.
Fox_Allison

Pro

Okay, well firstly, I'm just gonna say thanks to General_Schleifen for accepting my "debate"!
Secondly, I just want to say this isn't exactly a debate. It's just a place to state Various reasons that the minecraft video game can become unpopular (It's for a thing at school :3)

One problem I've heard MANY, MANY, MAAAAANY Times... Are the HUGE lack of Items, minerals, and blocks

Another statement is the fact that the mobs are very minoscuel.

Some people might say that there are not as many options as I think, however, I disagree.

Once again, I'd just like to say this is NOT A DEBATE. Simply a topic that 2 Epic people will discuss with class and dignity ;D
General_Schlieffen

Con

It is my pleasure to have this "debate" with you! And once again I completely agree with you on your points. I believe that Minecraft doesn't need all the fancy options and tools. Minecraft is meant to make you use your imagination to make these tools and other complex devices with the simple tools they give you. People have to remember that Minecraft was and is a survival game, so they give you things you could have made from the things in your surroundings. I mean if you were able to make a car, plane, or tank it wouldn't really be a survival game now would it!
Fox_Allison

Pro

You see, many players don't realize that the game isn't SUPPOSED to be complicated. Players are supposed to use the game as a place to relax... Enjoy the scenary(Please excuse spelling errors), Watch the animals walk by, then, make a nice little house to cook some mushroom stew and take a nap.

Minecraft is not a game to enjoy for the "Warfare" or the "Battles". Minecraft is a game where you share beautiful moments with a friend, make a city, and then go have a snowball fight or something.

Resolved: Minecraft is a game for Creativity and friendship-hangout-time. Not warfare and destruction.

So please, all the minecraft players out there, don't rush into the mining, mob fighting and pvp and all that. Just remember to take a look around you, and enjoy the beatiful scenery :3
General_Schlieffen

Con

Well, I really don't have much to say considering this isn't a debate. So I bid you a due! Great to talk to another creative person who like minecraft!
Fox_Allison

Pro

Fox_Allison forfeited this round.
General_Schlieffen

Con

Once again good discussion!