crosssphinx
Mysterious_Stranger

Why people should have a religion

Mysterious_Stranger

crosssphinx

Pro

I have the belief that everyone shd at least belive something and I also think wht you have put on your profile about the world and lifes values is wierd and a little wrong if u ask me :/ im not looking for a huge argument but im intrested in how this could end
Mysterious_Stranger

Con

An interesting if a little hard to understand point of view. Many people choose to believe in the concept of religion, however I personally do not, I feel that religion is purely fictional and that life, the world and everything about it is purely based on what others have thought of and manifested around themselves, one example being the concept of religion. Life has no valid or distinct meaning to me so in the long run of thing Im probably not going to burn in Hell for shunning a belief or faith, after all everyone's entitled to an opinion, and mine is simply to not believe in a useless thought another person has created in order to make others think like themselves.
crosssphinx

Pro

It is true that people are entitled to believe what they like but in my opinion religion should be part of everyones life because it has helped many people through bad times and also promises eternal life for those who believe and god and religion are proven to exist because there are many stories of miracles and other holy things that have happened
Mysterious_Stranger

Con

To me that sounded like a bad attempt to convert an atheist. The bible has many accounts of miracles, however strangely there are no modern day miracles or holy occurrences, the Bible is merely something someone has written, it was also written a very long time ago, if Im correct the oldest extracts from the Bible were written almost 3500 years ago, and society back then was somewhat gullible to things like that. The thought of an afterlife is also just a thought, nothing more, just another persons meaningless idea, we all just live then cease to exist, there is nothing more to it than that. I will be waiting another biased response.
crosssphinx

Pro

first of all I was never trying to convert you, you arnt worth converting. The bible is a valid source of what happend around the times of jesus life and even though its old it is still reliable and many people believe in it so it is much more than a pointless thought and the afterlife dose exist because it is proven many times by people who have recorded it and im pretty sure you will go to hell over what your posting
Mysterious_Stranger

Con

The afterlife does not exist, it is simply another belief that was meant to help people come to terms with loss and the concept of their own death, it means nothing, it is only a thought, a vision like everything else that cannot be proven in this fantasist world. No one has recorded the afterlife as to my knowledge as it is highly unlikely that it actually exists and the Bible has no proven truth in it at all, people choose to believe in it which is totally acceptable as people believe very different things , I however do not, nor do I believe that having a religion makes you a better person, in my opinion if one believes nothing you accept many things better and see the biased side in matters such as this. The thought of myself perishing in Hell does not bother me in the slightest, for I know that we are all just animals waiting to expire and go on into nothingness. There is no afterlife, no God and certainly no Heaven or hell, we exist because of events that transpired over millions of years, the world and everything around it exists for no purpose and thus for rendering life meaningless, so there is no need in me to believe in anything because when I cease to exist nothing will happen to me, I will simply die there is nothing more to it.
Posted by Sower4GS 3 years ago
Sower4GS
Anna, Scripture says that there is only one way.

You continue to reveal your untrue colors, sad. No wonder the atheists laugh you off.
Posted by Mysterious_Stranger 3 years ago
Mysterious_Stranger
To be fair the debate was a waste of time, though I enjoyed it.
Posted by annanicole 3 years ago
annanicole
Clicking on this debate was a waste - on both sides
Posted by Trystanharpold 3 years ago
Trystanharpold
no offense pro. Please don't base your opinion of religious people off this debate.
Posted by Luggs 3 years ago
Luggs
Crossspinx, it isn't too hard. I'd be glad to debate you, if you like.
Posted by LibertarianWithAVoice 3 years ago
LibertarianWithAVoice
Pro made me physically sick. Is that the behavior the church teaches kids now a days.
Mysterious_Stranger
How can I be winning? Its probably because Im not completely insane.......
Posted by crosssphinx 3 years ago
crosssphinx
How can he be winning? oh and if you want accounts of the afterlife LOOK IT UP
Mysterious_Stranger
So would I.....
Posted by toolpot462 3 years ago
toolpot462
Man, WHERE are these firm believers finding proof of God and an afterlife, cause I'd really like to see some for myself... lol.
Vote Placed by Trystanharpold 3 years ago
Trystanharpold
crosssphinxMysterious_StrangerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with pro however her comment on " first of all I was never trying to convert you, you arnt worth converting." was exceptionally out of conduct. Also cons arguments made some amount of sense but i could not follow pro's argument very well. A lot of grammatical errors for pro. Neither side used any type of source whatsoever.
Vote Placed by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
crosssphinxMysterious_StrangerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter Madjudicator's votebomb. I don't counter the persuasion points because I would have voted persuasion to Con because Pro had the burden of proof but never made an argument worth refuting. "Everyone should believe in something, therefore everyone should believe in the thing I pick for them to believe in"? That's so lame.
Vote Placed by Luggs 3 years ago
Luggs
crosssphinxMysterious_StrangerTied
Reasons for voting decision: S/G to Con for Pro making more mistakes. Conduct to Con for saying "you are not worth converting" and "you will burn in hell". Arguments also to Con, for obvious reasons.
Vote Placed by LibertarianWithAVoice 3 years ago
LibertarianWithAVoice
crosssphinxMysterious_StrangerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Spelling/Grammar: Pro I have the belief that everyone shd at least belive something and I also think wht. and that god-awful round two run-on sentence. Enough said right. Arguments: "the afterlife dose exist because it is proven many times by people who have recorded it", that's a lie. Sources: Tie Conduct: " you will go to hell over what your posting" ," you arnt worth converting.", "wht you have put on your profile about the world and lifes values is wierd and a little wrong if u ask me :/", Almost all of that is subjective, rude, and just plain mean. How could someone with religion be that heartless. If that is what the church teaches I don't think anyone should be involved in it.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
crosssphinxMysterious_StrangerTied
Reasons for voting decision: "It is true that people are entitled to believe what they like but in my opinion religion should be part of everyones life" - Pro might of well just forfeited right after she said that since it did more damage to her case then con's own points. Admitting people have the right to believe what they want and then saying that its just your opinion that they should have a religion is no way to prove a case. Arguments to the con, gave conduct to the con to sicne pro was a bit of a bitch in the last round...
Vote Placed by justin.graves 3 years ago
justin.graves
crosssphinxMysterious_StrangerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was offensive, mind numbing, and has some of the worst spelling I have ever seen. Con at least offered actual arguments. Neither used real sources. Quote: "you arnt worth converting"(sic). Pro is the type of "Christian" that gives the rest a bad name. Pro got her butt whooped pretty good.
Vote Placed by Majducator 3 years ago
Majducator
crosssphinxMysterious_StrangerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm nonreligious
Vote Placed by toolpot462 3 years ago
toolpot462
crosssphinxMysterious_StrangerTied
Reasons for voting decision: The strongest statement Pro made was that people need religion because it "has helped many people through bad times and also promises eternal life for those who believe and god and religion are proven to exist". There was nothing to back it up. Con made the point that everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I agree, so Pro's opinion of what other people's opinions should be is both her right to have and incorrect. Conduct to Con because Pro said that Con "isn't worth converting" and is going to hell, pretty much just religion based insults. Spelling and grammar to Con because of Pro's run-on sentences and lack of periods.