Giltmonk2
Alex777

Why schools should not have uniforms?

Giltmonk2

Pro

Here are the rules

1)no swearing
2)no trolling
Do you accept these terms?
Alex777

Con

Yes I agree with your rules,

You may begin.
Giltmonk2

Pro

1.) Sometimes they are expensive and you have to fork out for it all at the start of term/going to a new school. Some parts of uniforms can only be ordered specially via the school or a special shop which is a pain in the *** (I remember this), and the school can decide to change the uniform at whim meaning everyone has to go out and buy a new one or get in trouble.

2.) They discourage self expression. People still wear what they want and find ways of marking themselves, still form cliques, and fashions still exist so it doesn't really make school life free from that.

3.) How far does it go? Some even state what colour socks and underwear you have to wear, and that is just plain controlling. As mentioned people will still find ways to mark themselves. People still want named trainers for PE and cool bags, and coats. Students will still find ways of customising how their outfit appears. Sometimes even modest jewellery isnt allowed as well and taking things like earrings out can be hard especially if you just got them done.

4.) The choice of uniform isnt always considerate of some individuals or what young people will feel comfortable wearing as a whole. Eg If they feature short skirts -I was always too afraid to show my legs personally so dont know what i would have done going to a school with short skirts as part of the uniform. I have also seen frumpy and old fashioned outfits which outsiders could tease the students about.
Alex777

Con

Alex777 forfeited this round.
Giltmonk2

Pro

I will wait for my opponent.
Alex777

Con

Alex777 forfeited this round.