Parrhesiasylo
Josh_b

Why should high school students pay adult fare?

Parrhesiasylo

Con

Why should students (usually 14-17) have to pay adult fare when they aren't seen as adults through the eyes of law. By paying adult fare I mean, during visits to theme park, aquariums, the movies etc.

Please if anyone feels that they have a strong reply as to why students should have to pay, reply.
I am taking con as in against students paying adult fare.
Josh_b

Pro

Students (age 14-17) have the ability to fully access all areas of the venues and should pay full fair.
Attending an event is not like voting, and buying alcohol or cigarettes, or even driving.
The business owners contend that all persons of a certain age have the full ability to access all parts of their establishment and act within their own responsibility.

I would like to understand what distinction you would like to make between the ability to access establishments at student age and at adult age.

I would like to make a distinction between ages 0-13 and 14-17 which is the ability to self pay. It is not the case that 14 and up will always be with their parent as it primarily is with the younger group. But it is the case that Parents must consider the cost of younger children when deciding to attend certain venues. Age 14 and up are allowed to stay at home by themselves and allows the option for parents to attend without children.
Parrhesiasylo

Con

Parrhesiasylo forfeited this round.
Josh_b

Pro

I believe there is enough argument for both sides for a voter to come to a reasonble decision. I will continue to further debate if my opponent participates in the following rounds.
Parrhesiasylo

Con

Parrhesiasylo forfeited this round.
Josh_b

Pro

Josh_b forfeited this round.
Parrhesiasylo

Con

Parrhesiasylo forfeited this round.
Josh_b

Pro

send to voting