Snakepliston
napalm2191

Why should we be able to have out mp3s and other electronics out during passing period

Snakepliston

Pro

OK lets start with why are we not able to? It is our time. The KASHAA rules state it is not scholl hours so why then. Also studies have shown that students learn better through music and electronics. And the fact that they are quit and they do not bother anyone. So why I ask my opponent to plz give me a valid reason why
napalm2191

Con

true people CAN learn through music and electronics BUT it can be very easy for cheating especially with today's technology especially with the lyrics mode on the iPod where you can put the lyrics on the iPod and read them as the song plays also with texting people could easily text the answers for an assignment to someone else (note as I said assignment not test) and to conclude the iPod touch with the WiFi capability could make wireless, online cheating more available
Snakepliston

Pro

LOL first ild like to thank my opponent for agreeing to this debate.

Now onto important isuues. The fact of cheating on an assignment is already happening!!! no matter what happens their will be cheating. Also lets look at my argument, During Passing Period, now lets say we were able in order to do what my opponent suggests we would have to get to our locker, get to our class, pull out our electronic devise, and type the answers to someone. All in 5min now i can't even do that and im a technological genius.

Now i still whish my opponent to plz bring up a valid reason why we canot
napalm2191

Con

you're a technical genius? oh please 2 of my friends are A+ certified and THEY can crack through the school's blocking system

anyways it IS possible to do it because they could be texting ON THE WAY to class and with Personal Digital Assistants it isnt that hard to "put something into your calendar" *cough cough* put down the answers *cough cough* and either Infrared beam it or Bluetooth send it to a cell phone or another PDA
Snakepliston

Pro

ok so lets say ur rihgt and u do do this are you cheating on a test or a assignment Ill answer to both

1. Ok lets assume its a test ok now cheating on test already happens I can sit in any class and watch texting and cheating so your argument is invalid. Also your argument is not on topic because your saying texting in class this debate is not about in class its about passing period.

2. Now lets say its and assignment two senarios
a) it's due in that period ok now the argument before results there is still cheating happening and also this is off topic
b) lets say its due tomorow then people will cheat after class or via txt message. and again this is off topic because this will happen in class or at home so its off topic because its not during passing perod

now again I ask for a valid reason why
napalm2191

Con

People memorize answers and can send them during passing period like I stated before

you did smash me like you said you would and I would also like to thank you for getting me into debating
Posted by dvhoose 8 years ago
dvhoose
Alright, I actually took the time to vote on this one.... here's my breakdown:
1) Who did you agree with before the debate? PRO
2) Who did you agree with after the debate? CON
3) Who had better conduct? CON
4) Who had better spelling and grammar? CON
5) Who made more convincing arguments? CON
6) Who used the most reliable sources? TIE

PRO- you have to stop with the chat speak! Remember, you are voted on based on spelling and grammar. Also, don't call yourself a "technical genius" (it's how you lost the conduct vote).
Simply saying cheating already happens doesn't prove why music should be allowed in schools, it only further opens the metaphorical gate. MORE cheating will occur. As PRO you had to prove that no more harm would come, AND that it would be beneficial, which you didn't do.

CON- Great point bringing up cheating, even better with the sending of info. However, I'd like to see you extend that. REALLY make those points, instead of just voicing your opinion. Don't let your opponent set the tone for the debate, go ahead and exceed his work.

As a whole, not a bad debate, but definitely could have been better. Keep working both of you and good luck to each.
Posted by crackofdawn 8 years ago
crackofdawn
This was kind of a poor debate. There was poor grammar/spelling, format, unclear points, no convincing arguments, no sources,... must I go on. I refuse to vote on this.
Posted by I-am-a-panda 8 years ago
I-am-a-panda
Pro stole Lm's pic, I thought it was lm for a minute.
Vote Placed by Snakepliston 8 years ago
Snakepliston
Snakeplistonnapalm2191Tied
Vote Placed by Julius_Caesar 8 years ago
Julius_Caesar
Snakeplistonnapalm2191Tied
Vote Placed by dvhoose 8 years ago
dvhoose
Snakeplistonnapalm2191Tied