Erraven
Lee001

Why shouldn't gay marriage be legal

Erraven

Erraven

Pro

I love hearing the way behind people's views. I would like to see people's reasons on why gay marriage should not be legal.
A warning I am christan and know my bible pretty well so do not think my open standing for gay rights comes with out understanding of the other side to this argument.
Lee001

Con

I 100% believe it shouldn't be legal. I strongly believe in the bible and that man should be with women.
Erraven

Pro

Ok the text you are talking about is leviticus 20:13
""If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

There is one key point your missing here if this is the text you are refurring to about the bible being against it. One it is in the old testimonies before Jesus came and made it so the only law we had to fallow was to love him. Two this is Moses talking to his people who needed guidance and laws.
Also if you want to argue the bible as a reason, the reason it would be thought of as wrong from a biblical stance is that a man with a man or a woman with a woman can not do the one thing we were created to do wich is bring forth life and multiply. But this has nothing to do with marriage.

I ask you if you believe it is a choose to be gay or are you born as it.
Lee001

Con

You choose to be gay, someone isn't born that way. Yes the scripture you cited was correct, but it says that man should love women. The scripture your talking about is talking about if someone commits adultery they shall be put to death.
Erraven

Pro

It is when you accept that it is not a choice that this all makes sense. It took me some time to realize this myself. In the garden (at the Makihg of Adam and eve) everything was perfect. Everything would have been sin free and everything, everyone would be perfect. When sin entered the worlds perfection stopped. would say someone who had Down syndrome made the choice to be that way. As some who is gay may not choose to be gay. If you see it this way for people who feel attracted to the same sex it makes sense. Things changed when the sin entered our awearness.

Again these are laws that were made for a group of people. Not for us to use now, these laws were for mosses people and covered a large amount of things for them. Again I will say that this has no standing in today's christian world because the laws changed when Jesus took the cross. He said that the highest law to honor was to love him and to love your neighbor(other people) as you would yourself. Remember his friends were not pure people he picked the broken to be among. Also as a Christian you do more harm then good when you judge others because that again is not our place if you have such faith in God/Jesus do you not have faith that he will take care of it in the after life?

But this has nothing to do with the right a person has to marriage.

We as heterosexual people do not even do marraige justice anymore. There is a 50% devorce rate in the USA and who knows how many people stay together with someone who abusive, or in another form of sin but because it is a man and woman it is some how more ok then if it were two women or Men?
Lee001

Con

I don't even know what to argue about because most things your saying I totally believe in! Marriage isn't about trust or real love anymore to be honest, its really about what girls or guys you can sleep with and how many you can sleep with which is sad.
Erraven

Pro

That's so sadly true now a days. It's ok to not wait or to bost about being a 'player'. It is sad that now a days when we are tired of it we throw it away weather it's cloths, gadgets or relationships. There is no more patching it up and making it work threw thick or thin. It's why I don't believe letting gays marry would hurt in those matters. (The hettro people do horrible things themselves to the principle of marraige) When they (from the personal people I know) have been some of the most loyal couples I have ever seen. How many hetro couples would stick together now a days for years knowing they are not accept by others? if you look past the differences (after all we are all different) they can be some of the most amazing people and deserve our respect in there our fellow people (even if they do not live the life we wish for them) but to love them as we are loved by Jesus(he I am sure loves them too) Now I sound all silly but it's ok.
It's easy to judge and be fearful of what we do not understand. It takes strength to love even when we are not happy.
Lee001

Con

Exactly. People just give up automatically. Im still not for same sex marriage though.
Erraven

Pro

I understand this is your veiw I would never force anyone to change there views. I hope though that this debate might spark you to dive deeper into the bible so you can truly hold fast to what you believe or that you will find new lights in it.
Just think on the fact that these people deserve the rights as we do. Not on a biblical stance but on a humanity stance. If I am wrong then on my day of judgment I will rather be wrong in love then in hate.
Lee001

Con

Maybe, but I doubt it. It was nice talking to you.
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
This wasn't really an argument, just a discussion.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
ErravenLee001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con pretty much concedes in the end that gay marriage brings out the true part of "love" instead of just "sleeping with each other" as suggested usually within normal marriage.
Vote Placed by Narwhalicorn 2 years ago
Narwhalicorn
ErravenLee001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never made any real point, just sort of said "I know, right? LOL. Btw I'm still against it."
Vote Placed by Hawkeye117 2 years ago
Hawkeye117
ErravenLee001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't even argue pro