ChokingChlorine
kardashiansarethebest

Why the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't quite replace God

ChokingChlorine

Pro

The thing about the Flying Spaghetti Monster is that it doesn't appeal to the creation of the universe, which would include Zeus, Thor, Aphrodite, Dionysus, and all the others that have much more of a minor role then the God that we imagine to be out there.
kardashiansarethebest

Con

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (Also known as Pastafarianism) is not intended to be a serious religion. First conceived in 2005, it was meant to satire creationism and basically show how ridiculous it is. https://en.wikipedia.org...;. That link describes the FSM creation and meaning: It's all a bit of fun and satire and not to be taken seriously. When I first heard, I genuinely believed that these people actually believed in it, but after looking into it you will discover it is not a real religion nor a cult, which is why it does not 'appeal' to the creation of the universe, as it is simply a joke and not very in-depth and thoroughly layed out.
ChokingChlorine

Pro

I actually agree with you. I was just trying to make an argument that may need some tending to.
kardashiansarethebest

Con

kardashiansarethebest forfeited this round.
ChokingChlorine

Pro

ChokingChlorine forfeited this round.
kardashiansarethebest

Con

ChokingChlorine

Pro

ChokingChlorine forfeited this round.
kardashiansarethebest

Con

ChokingChlorine

Pro

ChokingChlorine forfeited this round.
kardashiansarethebest

Con

Posted by palmkrawler 1 year ago
palmkrawler
The problem is mainstream religions such as Christianity and Judaism are also satirical and were never meant to be taken seriously. I mean, their claims are as silly as the claims by the FSM. It's kinda sad how people think those religions, ANY religion for that matter, were meant to be taken seriously.
Posted by ChokingChlorine 1 year ago
ChokingChlorine
I agree