QueenAnnesRevenge
DarthVitiosus

Why the United States Needs To Be Invaded, Lose A War -

DarthVitiosus

QueenAnnesRevenge

Pro

This debate is wether or not the U.S. needs to be invaded. I, the Pro/For, argue in shirt, the U.S. needs to be invaded, and/or lose a war because of it's tyrannical and dictating rule over most of the rest of the world unable to protect themselves from the U.S.

- The problem is the U.S., in that that are imposing their ideology and dictating ways on other cultures that cannot stay true to their own personal beliefs and ways of living because of big brother's "power" hold over them. -

This is a simple opening so you can better understand where this debate will progress from here, as well as have a better understanding of the debate topic /
i
- Con will post argument, I will respond -
DarthVitiosus

Con

I as Con will argue the United States does not need to be invaded nor lose the war involved in this fictional invasion.

#1. The United States is not tyrannical.
My opponent started off by claiming the United States is "tyrannical." The United States is a liberal democracy. Therefore, by the definitions alone, the United States is not tyrannical. The United States holds free elections. Also the United States does not behave with a "tyrannical" "rule over most of the rest of the world" as my opponent claims.

Liberal Democracy:"A liberal democracy is a form of representative democracy with free and fair form of elections procedure and competitive political process[1]."
Tyrannical: "being or characteristic of a tyrant or tyranny"
Tyranny: "a government in which absolute power is vested in a single ruler[3]"

[1]http://definitions.uslegal.com...
[2]http://www.merriam-webster.com...
[3]http://www.merriam-webster.com...

#2. The United States is not dictating over the rest of the world.
Dictate:"to speak or act domineeringly[4]"
[4]http://www.merriam-webster.com...

The United States does not dominate over other countries. The United States and the Obama administration told Vladmir Putin and the Russians not to continue fighting the Ukraine[5]. Did Vladmir Putin stop? Absolutely not, Putin went even further by holding elections in a sovereign country that he ordered to be invaded[6]. If the United States dominated the world as my opponent claims, why did these elections take place? Another example, if the United States dominated the world why would countries develop nuclear weapons in secret like North Korea, Iran, Israel, and others? Didn't the United States reach an agreement with other countries with the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty[7]? If the United States dominated the world, why are countries still developing nuclear weapons?

[5]http://www.usatoday.com...
[6]http://www.cnn.com...
[7]http://www.un.org...

#3. The resolution is visceral.
If we examine the resolution and opening statements made by my opponent, they are based on his own speculation of the United States being "tyrannical" and "dictating" of other countries. These are adjectives which must lead us to believe my opponent dislikes the United States or is affirming a position of contempt for the United States. The resolution must be observed as anti-American as a result of the opening arguments of my opponent. To be pro-American or anti-American and only offer arguments based on such sentiments will only result in "appeal to emotion" fallacies and conjecture. The resolution must be seen as being visceral.

#4. The United States is not imposing its' ideology across the world.
Some may point out that to Operation Iraqi Freedom which resulted in the United States setting up a liberal democracy in Iraq this is not true. Iraq developed an illiberal democracy which the United States is against. However, the democracy that was set up, agreed upon, and acknowledged by the United States and many others in the international community was built on the consensus of the Iraqi people. The United States could not have imposed democracy on an unwilling population. In fact, there were more eligible voters who voted in Iraq during the first election compared to their American counterparts. I will explain this further in the next few rounds thoroughly.

#5. The United States does not need to be invaded.

#6. The United States does not need to lose a war.

#7. War is costly.

I have a limited amount of characters so I will await for my opponent to reply.
QueenAnnesRevenge

Pro

Thanks for your reply -

First of all, it seems most of your content was clearly copy and pasted. But, I still will continue the debate:

Your response in that the US is not tyrannical, has no argument, what so ever, just definitions on what a democracy and and tyrannical government is. Thanks, but I believe most of us know these definitions.

I never said the US is trying to take over the world, I said they are using their dictating rule over most of the world, there is a clear difference. First, the US will not invade Russia over what has happened, because that would be bad news for the US, and they know it. The US does a lot of business with Russia and the US knows that if they got into a serious conflict with Russia, Russia and its very powerful allies would match if not defeat the US in time. The US only has so much control over North Korea because China is an ally of North Korea. The US does not want to face off with China at the moment either, and because China has such a hold over the US economy, at any time China could pull the plug absolutely devastating the US.

Your argument is very weak, and with little no rebuttal against the topic on that the US is a dictating tyrannical state.

Most Americans believe the US is the best country in the world, the fact is, its not - I have lived half my life in the US, and the latter half outside the US. I see it from both sides.
The US is about money, profit and power, nothing more. Health care, education, the medical industry, etc.. everything to gain power and control over the American people. 95% of your taxes go to military, and other secret government projects you will never know about. Im not saying the US is the only that does this, they are not, but no one does it the the extent the US does, which is far and beyond anyone else.

Are we to believe the US had nothing to do with 9/11 ? When you study the facts, its clear.
Are we to just take the word of the president Bin Laden was killed, and his body dumped in the ocean? No evidence what so ever, just.... believe us? I think not.

ADD, ADHD - A real disease? The fact is, there is no clear diagnosis, and boy they love getting small children hooked on psychotropic drugs to profit the medical industry. If you are feeling sad, take this. Feeling down, take that. Feeling hungry, take this. Everything and anything they try to sell you, which will give you a side effect, that side effect requires another drug.. and so on. Its absolutely ridiculous, and its sad so many Americans fall into this trap.

Are we not to think big banks, and the extremely wealthy do not have an influence on how the government runs? The Bilderberg group, it is real and very clear. In a for profit, money only society like the US, why wouldnt it?

It is also very clear the US has not only threatened and had a hand in the outcome of elections in other countries, but killed political leaders and even presidents who did not follow US instruction. Hell, the US has even done this to their own, Kennedy. When you ask most Americans, who were the best president, the general consensus on this is Lincoln, and Kennedy, and look at what happened ..... They were actually for the people, but, the government is not for the people, so they have to get rid of them.

People say the US is the best country because it is free.. well, there are over 1800 other countries that are free as well.. so.. The US has more people in prison than any other country, the US has more laws than any other country... so, how can they be the free-est ? Dosent make sense. The US is only #1 in in very few things, government spending, military spending, obesity (which I think Mexico may have taken over, not sure yet) and not much else.

Why do so many people renounce their citizenship every year? It is on the rise. Did you know that the US is the only country in which, if you work and live outside the US, and you are an American, you must still pay taxes to the US ..... ridiculous, yes it is. Again, its all about money and power.

It is clear the US wants a stranglehold over everyone else, without appearing to be a dictating tyrannical state. The sad truth is Americans are told, and herded like sheep into believing what their government tells them. Why are Americans so close minded ? They were taught that way.

There is so much more, but only so much space - I hope you can come up with an actual argument, not just definitions. Thank you
DarthVitiosus

Con

"First of all, it seems most of your content was clearly copy and pasted."

Is my opponent attempting to defame me? If my opponent imagine such a claim, she better back it up and anyone can use Google search to find out if it was copied and pasted. Otherwise refrain from making such libelous claims on here.

"Your response in that the US is not tyrannical, has no argument, what so ever, just definitions on what a democracy and and tyrannical government is. Thanks, but I believe most of us know these definitions."

My opponent has contradicted herself. If she knew what the terms "tyrannical" and "democracy" mean. Why did she claim the United States was being tyrannical if she knew what it meant? My opponent has brazenly conceded the very premise of her argument that she offered in Round 1.

" I said they are using their dictating rule over most of the world, there is a clear difference."

What evidence did my opponent present in this entire paragraph? She has only offered conjecture which is relative to each individual's opinion.

"Your argument is very weak, and with little no rebuttal against the topic on that the US is a dictating tyrannical state."

My opponent already conceded the United States is not "tyrannical" once he stated he knew what "democracy" and "tyrannical" meant. The United States functions as a liberal democracy that allows the majority control the country at the same time protecting the rights of the minorities(religious, ethnic, political, or otherwise).

"It is clear the US wants a stranglehold over everyone else, without appearing to be a dictating tyrannical state."

What evidence is there to support the claim has a stranglehold on anyone?

Ladies and gentlemen, what did I say in Round 1? I said the debate resolution was visceral and my opponent has confirmed it with her Round 2 arguments. She has offered us too many fallacies to chose notice, ranging from appeal to emotion to appeal to authority fallacies[1][2]. My opponent has ranted and rambled about things that are not relevant to the debate resolution ranging from ADHD to taxes to a 9/11 conspiracy to the Bilderberg group to some alleged herding of the American population. Notice, not one of my opponent's claims have to do with anything in the debate resolution that she created. My opponent has not supplied us one consistent point other than they have nothing but contempt for the United States. My opponent has no intention of debating the resolution but her intention is to rant and ramble as I predicted in the first round. The debate resolution was visceral for my opponent to launch a tirade about the United States based on her opinion.

[1]http://www.nizkor.org...
[2]http://www.nizkor.org...

Concessions on the part of my opponent
1. The United States is not tyrannical.
2. The United States is not imposing its' ideology across the world.
3. The resolution is visceral.

I will await the next round to see if my opponent has any intention of presenting arguments rather than rants based on her opinion. We want facts not conjecture. We want points related to the resolution not incessant rambling. The resolution's premise has been refuted.
QueenAnnesRevenge

Pro

QueenAnnesRevenge forfeited this round.
DarthVitiosus

Con

Extend all arguments.
QueenAnnesRevenge

Pro

QueenAnnesRevenge forfeited this round.
DarthVitiosus

Con

Extend all arguments.
QueenAnnesRevenge

Pro

The con still has yet to make a debatable argument - and has not offered any rebuttal.
DarthVitiosus

Con

Extend all arguments.

My opponent has failed to defend his burden of proof. My opponent had to argue in the affirmative and I refuted all of his claims relevant to the resolution thoroughly. My opponent, clearly is incapable of presenting a valid argument or refutation so he can only offer complaints which he uses to conceal his own inability. Vote Con please.
Vote Placed by Tweka 2 years ago
Tweka
QueenAnnesRevengeDarthVitiosusTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
QueenAnnesRevengeDarthVitiosusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture and Pro failed to uphold the BOP.