Kori.Schwindt
sorar3

Why the exploration of Mars is important for humankind.

Kori.Schwindt

Pro

People have continually explored beyond the planet Earth, and must continue to do so for the future, benefit and cooperation of all of humankind. The wealth of knowledge gained from past missions to outer space has drastically increased the understanding humans have of the world they live in and where they came from. New questions about outer space will continue to be raised, and as long as human exploration continues, these questions have the potential of being answered. For humanity to continue to survive for generations to come, the world must continue to work together with a common goal of exploring Mars and beyond the reaches of the solar system.
sorar3

Con

First off, let me just say this is my first debate.

Second, the title of the debate should not be "Why the exploration of mars is important for humankind." The "why" should be removed from the title because we are not explaining why it is important, we are debating whether or not it is important.

Now let me just say that outer space would certainly be interesting for humanity to research. Exploring outer space can bring much knowledge to mankind. My reason for why we should not be exploring outer space is that, on earth we have pollution destroying the biosphere, environments are being destroyed, Europe being islamized, unemployment, and so on. While all this is happening, for governments to spend millions upon millions just to see the red rock of mars is just absurd.

Let me give you an example mirroring the situation. Imagine a family is going camping. This family has a leaking roof. Is it better to run off on the trip, or to deal with the leak before going off on the trip? If this family goes on the trip and comes back without dealing with a leak, they will come back to a flooded home.

Sure, going to Mars is important, but when compared to the polluted oceans and global warming, tornadoes, earthquakes, religious wars, unemployment and so on, I see Mars at the bottom of the list, meant to be dealt with when things are under control on earth.

Sending your children to school is important, but not if they aren't being fed. The important issues must be dealt with first. What I see is scientists building space stations on mars and around the area, while earth dies. Earth is the only planet in this immediate solar system with the trees that can give us air. We should focus on earth.
Kori.Schwindt

Pro

Kori.Schwindt forfeited this round.
sorar3

Con

If my oponent forfiets, I don't really have much else to say. I also think we should be exploring the earth more before exploring space. Exploring caves and such.
Kori.Schwindt

Pro

Kori.Schwindt forfeited this round.
sorar3

Con

We should also focus on building a better humanity bfore travelling to outer space. What use is outer space when two humans can't even get along, and 1/4 of the population has HIV/AIDS.