Mr.masterDebator
IvorDude

Why the storm troopers are better than the Roger robots used by the empire in a battle!

Started: 11/15/2016 Category: Movies
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

Mr.masterDebator

Pro

I'm here to say that the stormtroopers are better than the Roger robots used by the empire because the stormtroopers are faster, smarter and can use many different various weapons! The Roger robots are much slower and are programmed to just to fire at will at their enemies. While the stormtroopers used by the Republic are trained and use strategies and skill to fight and defeat their enemies!
IvorDude

Con

The Roger robots were the only military unit employed by the 'bad guys' shown in the Star Wars series that were even remotely effective. In the battle against the Gungan on Naboo, they nearly defeat the Gungan army and actually have them retreating. The only reason they lose is because of poor planning on the part of the control ship. As soldiers, they are more effective: they require no food, they can be shipped by the millions easily, and they follow orders without a question. The storm troopers, on the other hand, lose terribly to glorified teddy-bears.
Mr.masterDebator

Pro

Sorry for the late post I had forgot about this.But I totally argue with you although it bad strategies from the control panel but the roger robots otherwise know as the B1 Battle Droid was built in a very bad way. To my opinion! They have barely any armor and are very slow minded and slow moving where as A stormtrooper could run and shoot it as fast as you could blink your eye! To conclusion there might have been really bad strategies from the control panel but there at least thousands of B1 Battle Droids on the battlefield where as there were probably fewer stormtroopers on the battle field!

Again I apologize for not responding to this argument I had totally forgot about it and thank you for participating and taking part of my debate I really happy that someone actually takes part and I guess enjoys my debates unlike some people not naming any names!
IvorDude

Con

Yeah, any time! Glad you're enjoying the debate.
The final and biggest advantage the droids have, though, is that they can be made by the billions. They can be made in a matter of minutes on the droid factory planet and, as long as you have supplies, can be made steadily and indefinitely. This makes them a hugely lethal force. One good comparison for this would be the Soviet Union in WWII. While soldier for soldier they were far inferior to the Germans, they won because of sheer numbers. Even if each storm-trooper were 100x more effective than each droid (which they definitely aren't), they would still lose because of the sheer number of B1 droids coming at them.
Mr.masterDebator

Pro

You have a keen mind chap. But of course we all know if there's storm troopers there's Jedi. Plus storm troopers have various weapons including
1Ship-mounted
2Heavy ranged
3Personal ranged
4Melee
5Light sabers
Also there are many many more various weapons. Plus storm troopers could be cloned in seconds rather than minutes like the empire did!
IvorDude

Con

You specifically argued that the troopers themselves were better than the droids, not with all of the things that come with them. And the storm troopers wouldn't have Jedi, they'd have the Sith. But that is irrelevant because the troopers cannot include the Sith; that would fall under the category of the empire. Therefore the droids are better than the troopers because they outnumber them, are trained and produced more efficiently and quickly, have the same or similar weaponry, don't require food, are easy to transport, and follow orders without a question. The argument that the storm troopers would have the lightsabers or any of the heavy spaceships is irrelevant.
Posted by KwLm 3 weeks ago
KwLm
It's a movie, It has a script, will people stop debating what was written in a script as if it happened in reality.