Amanda.23
anaghk

Why there should not be Taco Bell.

Started: 1/4/2016 Category: Places-Travel

Amanda.23

Pro

This is an open argument, anybody can argue. I am against having Taco Bell.
anaghk

Con

First of all I'd like to welcome all the people watching this debate. I hope you guys have as much fun reading as I do making my arguments.

I'll be arguing for the con side, and therefore supporting the side that Taco Bell should not be removed, and should continue as a business.

My value for this debate is Constitutional Freedom.
The Constitution guarantees that we have certain freedoms and that they are protected. One of those freedoms is the freedom to create and run your own company. Taco Bell is just that. It is a business which has now turned into one of the biggest fast food chains in the world. The person who invented Taco Bell has that right to make that business. And since no one is forcing anyone to eat at Taco Bell, it isn't infringing on anyone's rights.

My value criterion is the Social Contract Theory.
The social contract guarantees that the government will protect your rights in exchange for us submitting to its rule. Again, a very important right that it has to protect is our right to make our own business. And once more, as no one is forcing you to eat at Taco Bell, no other rights are being infringed upon.

Contention 1:
Taco Bell is a fast food chain that has been created legally. Many people love its food, and they enjoy eating it. As I've explicitly said earlier, creating a restaurant chain is completely Constitutional, and doesn't violate any rights in any way. Just because someone's stomach gets upset every time they eat there doesn't mean we should violate the rights of the owner to have his own restaurant.

Contention 2:
My opponent may argue that Taco Bell is unhealthy and that the food is prone to making people sick. However, even if this were true for every person, (which its not) that isn't a problem that lies inherently within Taco Bell itself. Taco Bell can definitely make changes in its menus that provide for a healthier series of options and maybe some salt water for the haters to drink. This will solve that problem, and once again there is no need to shut down all Taco Bells across the world.

Contention 3:
My opponent's idea is completely irrational. To think that one can possibly ever shut down all Taco bells across the world is completely nonsensical, especially when there is nothing inherently wrong with the food. Though it may be unhealthy, or in your case, spur unhealthy amounts of diarrhea, it still follows all the mandatory regulations set down by the organizations that check restaurants.

Therefore I'd like to negate this resolution.
Of course, as you might have seen, I haven't used any evidence or quotes, because my arguments are purely logic based. However, if my opponent responds well, I'll bring out my own facts and evidence as well.
Thanks to all, and good luck to my opponent for arguing his/her side of the case!
Amanda.23

Pro

Amanda.23 forfeited this round.
anaghk

Con

My opponent hasn't addressed any of my arguments, so let's have them flow through the round. According to debate rules, they can't be addressed in the following rounds.
Amanda.23

Pro

Amanda.23 forfeited this round.
anaghk

Con

anaghk forfeited this round.
Amanda.23

Pro

Amanda.23 forfeited this round.
anaghk

Con

anaghk forfeited this round.
Amanda.23

Pro

Amanda.23 forfeited this round.
anaghk

Con

anaghk forfeited this round.
Posted by snkcake666 1 year ago
snkcake666
I already like this contender.
Posted by William.Burnham 1 year ago
William.Burnham
I accept your terms. PM me when you open the debate.
Posted by Amanda.23 1 year ago
Amanda.23
I don't want to start a fight, I just want to know how many people, like and do not like Taco Bell, I am one of those do not like people, I went there when I was six, I was vomiting after, I just thought it upset my stomach, I went again a few weeks later, I vomited again. Ever since I never go to Taco Bell. It's nasty food man. There was also news reports that workers were selling drugs in the back.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I'd accept, but I don't match the criteria. What is the criteria anyways?
Posted by electrivire 1 year ago
electrivire
I'd half-a$$ debate this if you don't mind a short debate. I really just need voting privileges.
Posted by BIBLETHUMPER 1 year ago
BIBLETHUMPER
BOOO!!! I love taco bell!!!!!
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
Can't defend this place its a very nasty place man. Don't eat at taco bell guys I tried it for my first time 2 weeks ago and I am never going again.