hunter.0819
Itsallovernow

Why we debate?

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

hunter.0819

Pro

Why do we debate?To get our point across , to have some record of being heard?I know this may seem silly but everyone has their own opinion and in my opinion a debate Isn't about what you believe at all .A debate is about how well you present what you believe. To me sometimes debates may be pointless because everyone is not open mined to anthers ,well pitch they may take noting from the debate even if they lost .So why do we debate I'm kinda playing devils advocate so bear with me.
Itsallovernow

Con

Thank you for hosting this debate. I wish you luck.

My opponent has two main points

a) A debate is about how well you present what you believe.
b) To me sometimes debates may be pointless because everyone is not open mined to *another*

My opponent's 2nd argument is personal opinion, and therefore void. ("I believe" one of the 1st rules of debate, never use these words).

My opponent is not correct in argument A. Argument A does not explain purpose of a debate at all; it only explains that debate should have quality and presentability. "A debate is about how well you present what you believe." Doesn't satisfy the objective question (Why do we debate)?

We debate to provide many opinions and work to provide sanctioned laws so that society can function, we debate for fun, for learning, and to work to satisfy a means for diplomatic solution. Debate is the cornerstone of humanity, so that we can decide and present the best possible options and rule what turn-out is the best. There is always an objective purpose for a debate, and the purpose can be satisfied through debate. It is a part of our daily lives that allow us to have daily lives. We debate for many reasons, all of which can not possibly be named; there are many reasons why we debate, and these are just a few.
hunter.0819

Pro

wowwwww this really isnt tht serious jees i just wanted an opinion is everyone on this website incapable of not thinking like a political robot ?
Itsallovernow

Con

My opponent has not rebutted my points. Arguments are extended...cannot...compute...parad0x...system malfunction- OVERLOAD! Abort sequence code 0001101 101 1110 1100011 101!!! *crack, whiz. zzzziiitt* (Steams)
hunter.0819

Pro

my only rebutle : wow lolz :)
Itsallovernow

Con

Vote, I commandith of thee!
Posted by Double_R 3 years ago
Double_R
I enjoy debating because I like to understand opposite point of views. People way to often assume someone else is stupid or crazy because they don't agree with them. Understanding where those disagreements come from is important in understanding whats going on in the world.
Posted by hunter.0819 3 years ago
hunter.0819
the funny thing is that even though i suck at debating i love life and i live mine to the fullest never take anything to seriously ...I am important:) i love you too :)
Posted by Sottaceti 3 years ago
Sottaceti
Don't kid yourself, Pro, you aren't important enough to offend any of us here.
Posted by medic0506 3 years ago
medic0506
I debate because I do learn things, which is one of my favorite things in life. Also, it forces me to give clear and concise justification for my beliefs and opinions, if I can't do so, then maybe I should re-evaluate my stance. Most importantly, though, it gives me a way to participate in my very favorite activity...arguing.
Posted by hunter.0819 3 years ago
hunter.0819
omg sheesh sorry if i offended u guys just wanted to do something for fun why not? what is there to lose?:)CHILL OUT :)
Posted by wolfhaines 3 years ago
wolfhaines
In Ancient Greece, there were a group of people called 'Sophist', who made a living out of debates, they used to argue for the sake of arguing, and the most highly paid were those who could convince the audience they were right even when they were known to believe the opposite view (bit like a well known Democrat arguing for Republican policies). Can't imagine that these days!
Posted by Sottaceti 3 years ago
Sottaceti
All I know is: I won't be studying research data from hunter.0819. I prefer my documents of reference untainted by profound bastardization of the English language.
Posted by Koopin 3 years ago
Koopin
PHAiL
Posted by Itsallovernow 3 years ago
Itsallovernow
I know, right? If it's opinion and not serious, that's what it's for. If it's a debate, take it seriously. I respect that you want opinions, but there is a better way.
Posted by Cobo 3 years ago
Cobo
THIS SHOULDV"E BEEN IN THE FOURUMS!
That why we have them, to discuss.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 months ago
Zarroette
hunter.0819ItsallovernowTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to address Con's counter-arguments.
Vote Placed by TUF 3 years ago
TUF
hunter.0819ItsallovernowTied
Reasons for voting decision: Go to the forums for gods sake. Your giving people free wins to up their record. to be fair, Con probably deserves as he seems rather intellient.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 3 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
hunter.0819ItsallovernowTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was not a debate, it should have been a forum post.