unicorngirl101
MiMi2015

Why we should have a dress code?

unicorngirl101

Pro

Okay, I think we should have a dress code for a few reasons:
1. Bullies.
Bullies make fun of the stupidest things and how you dress can be one of them. I hate to say it, but I was a bully. I made fun of a kid for nothing. And it was fun. But bullies will make fun of if a girl doesn't wear enough make-up or if a girl wears too much make-up. Or if a shirt says something kid-ish or too serious. Bullies go after these types of things just to make one feel unwanted. BUT a dress code can stop this. You see, with a dress code, everyone is wearing the same. So no one will get bullied for what they wear.
2. Time.
Time gets away from us when we take forever to pick out an outfit to wear. You see it takes 5 minutes to pick out an outfit for girls and boys with a dress code, but it takes 20 minutes to pick out the perfect outfit for girls without a dress code.
3.Rules.
Rules make sure no one gets in trouble.
MiMi2015

Con

We should not have dress codes because

1. Too strict
Teachers are too strict and tell us that our shorts have to be able to touch the tip of our shorts with our hands straight down. Also, some kids can't afford new clothes so they can't afford to buy new shorts if they are too small. Plus, you aren't allowed to wear tank tops to school.

2. Bullies don't care
Bullies would make fun of your clothes even if there wasn't a dress code. They would make fun of it either way.
unicorngirl101

Pro

I go to a school with a dress and so far so good. No one argues about why they have to wear uniforms. Bullies will just be making fun of themselves if there was a dress code anyway. And my teachers aren't strict about dress code. Most don't like it. My science teacher doesn't even like the principal.
MiMi2015

Con

We shouldn't because children go to school to learn and outfits really shouldn't matter. Also, kids like to express themselves so having a dress code would stop them.
unicorngirl101

Pro

I understand why children like to express themselves, but kids grow up and look up to famous people for hotness or music. They want to look like, pardon my french, but they want to look like sluts.
MiMi2015

Con

I understand where you are coming from, but not all kids are like that. Some kids grow up and express themselves by making their clothes into feelings. Like, for example, red. Red can be thought of as Taylor Swift's album, or, it can be thought of the color of passion. There are many of examples that I am not going to get into, but the majority of kids in my school say that a dress code stops them from truly being themselves.