Dagen
idfwu

Why women are evolutionarily inferior to men.

Dagen

Pro

First off this is a serious debate that is proving why women are less evolved than that of men. I am not stating and do not believe in any situation that women are to be treated differently by any means and that women are less important in society than men.
Simply that over time evolution has favored men in many ways.

Definition of Inferior- Lower in rank, status, or Quality
~In this instance Quality is what context inferior is being used in.

Definition of Quality- The standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; The degree of excellence of something.

Sole opinions are not welcome in the debate but are encouraged in the comments!

To debate this argument you must Believe in Darwin's theory of evolution; No religious arguments/views excepted unless pertinent to the debate.

Round 1- Acceptance + simple introduction
Rounds 2, 3, and 4- Arguments
Round 5- No new Arguments, Closing statements
idfwu

Con

Women are not inferior to Men but they are different. Evolutionary men have ended up with yes a penis. There is a difference between men and women but there is no inferiority. Although we (men) have ended up with testosterone and stronger for the most part, both sexes have their flaws. We need each other to have sex and reproduce as a species. Women and Men do not compete in the same sports league because we are not the same physically. That being said, we are all one race, why do we feel the need to find things to be superior at?
Dagen

Pro

The racism of evolution theory has been documented well and widely publicized. It is known less widely that many evolutionists, including Charles Darwin, also taught that women are biologically inferior to men. Darwin taught that human sex differences were due partly to sexual selection, specifically because men must prove themselves physically and intellectually superior to other men in the competition for women, whereas women must be superior primarily in sexual attraction. Darwin used examples of cultures that require the men to fight competitors to retain their wives to support this conclusion. Because "the strongest party always carries off the prize" being the wife. (female)

Basically only the strongest, most fit males reproduce. Hence passing down only the strongest, most well-fit genes to survive. Over time males evolve becoming stronger more well adapted to fit the environment in aspects of strength, speed, intellect, health, etc...

While on the contrary females evolve primarily based on looks and health. As these are the prime qualities in females which attracts males. Which we all can agree women are more attractive than men, even in non sexual ways! Eg- average hygiene

This is the basic idea of Evolution and natural selection, which applies to every living species on Earth (there may be exceptions that I am not aware of).
idfwu

Con

idfwu forfeited this round.
Dagen

Pro

Since Con forfeited the round I will take the opportunity to point out that "idfwu" stated that
"both sexes have their flaws."

These flaws are not sex specific as much as human specific if that makes sense. No human is perfect. If humans were perfect there would be no debate on which sex was better or more fit to survive, as humans would be constant on attributes and qualities. It is because this variance that there will always be exceptions in which one individual is born with more natural abilities than the other, male or female.

I bring this up because my argument is not stating that males are 100% better in every aspect 100% of the time. I am simply saying that males over time have become better adapted to survive society over time. BECAUSE, females have been looked upon as objects for sex and house slaves for such a long period of time that society has developed a prejudice against females that they are only useful as entertainment and chores. Over time women have relied on the protection and care of men (willingly or not), and unfortunately have not adapted as much as men.

Mankind has limited women's abilities to undergo natural selection to the extent that men have been through.

Examples in most earlier cultures and some modern cultures today:

-Men did all the hunting/ killing of food making them stronger and more fit
-During war times, only men went out to war protecting the women and children. This killed off weaker men so only the strong survived and reproduced.
-Only men held hard labor jobs if not all jobs having to provide for their whole family.

Women on the other hand were kept inside and secluded from the outside world forced to raise the kids, cook and prepare dinner, clean the house, etc, etc, etc.
idfwu

Con

idfwu forfeited this round.
Dagen

Pro

Two forfeits in a row.
I think my opponent has either forgotten about the debate or given up.

Con failed to actively debate and prove the original statement wrong making me (pro) the winner.
idfwu

Con

idfwu forfeited this round.
Dagen

Pro

Dagen forfeited this round.
idfwu

Con

idfwu forfeited this round.
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 2 years ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
Well, if men have allowed women to do most of the work down through history,
I guess that that proves that we men ARE superior & more evolutionarily advanced than women!

Go, Dudes!
Posted by yasa 2 years ago
yasa
Women are not inferior to men, because if you go through history; women actually did most the men work and the house work! Therefore, women are just as capable of doing what men can. Also, nowadays many females do males work and there are no issues with this!
Posted by Dagen 2 years ago
Dagen
Zack95 is correct
Posted by Zack95 2 years ago
Zack95
He has it that, women are inferior to men BY evolution. Men are stronger than women; true (Etc.).
Posted by Zack95 2 years ago
Zack95
Dhardage the debate is about women being inferior to men. i do not think he means "less evolved".
Posted by dhardage 2 years ago
dhardage
Good grief, what kind of misogynist are you? This is such a pointless and ridiculous debate subjects that it is impossible to take it seriously. Women less evolved? How is any member of a species less evolved than any other?
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 2 years ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
Generalities are Quite Difficult, if not Impossible, to prove, or disprove.
Unless you specify what Quality or Qualities you're referring to,
I see no way of proving/ disproving the premise.

I generally use IQ in my reasoning,
since the IQs of People, Blacks, Animals, etc. are so marked, determinable, etc.

There isn't any "racism" in evolutionary theory.
Blacks, on average, score about 16 points lower on IQ tests than Whites.
That obviously doesn't have anything to do with "racism" .
Study "The Bell Curve" , "The Global Bell Curve" , books by
Psychology Professor Richard Lynn of the University of Ulster, etc.
Especially check out Images.
He & others insist that they've proved that Blacks are substantially
less intelligent than Whites, & that the difference is Genetically based.
Blacks aren't a different race of Humans-
they're the so-called "Missing Link" in evolution-
the Ape People

I'm not sure I'd want to try to get from there to Evolutionary Inferiority.

The difference between Men's & Women's IQs is a different matter entirely.
I've read that Men tend to score slightly higher than Women,
but some people, possibly claiming "sexism" , may be claiming the opposite.

I'm not sure that I'd agree that "biological inferiority"
& "evolutionary inferiority" are the same thing.
Posted by Dagen 2 years ago
Dagen
I would also like to point out that "idfwu" stated

"Although we (men) have ended up with testosterone and stronger for the most part, both sexes have their flaws."

"Women and Men do not compete in the same sports league because we are not the same physically."

I am confused on what these statements mean as they contradict your argument and prove my point.
Please explain this is your next argument.
Posted by Dagen 2 years ago
Dagen
Yes, infact Defro that is going to be a part of my argument.
Posted by Defro 2 years ago
Defro
Does your resolution only deal with humans? I would be willing to accept this debate if you were open to using other species as well.