backwardseden
Eris2005

Why would anyone want to believe in god? Count all the people god wants to murder

Eris2005 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

Taken from http://godisimaginary.com... then I tacked on a little bit in the middle as this article missed a little bit as I’m sure I also missed a little. Nevertheless its really quite sick, disgusting and perverted. But it is a slap to the fact to christians of truth. OK here we go...

If you look in the Bible, there are an amazing number of people that God wants his followers to murder. For example, in Exodus 35:2 God lays down this commandment:

Exodus 35:2 “2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.”

Think about that how many people work on the Sabbath -- all the employees of Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, Linnens & things, grocery stores, convenience stores, power plants, airlines, hospitals, emergency services and on and on and on. Don't rabbis, priests and preachers work on the Sabbath? God wants all of them dead.

Then look at Deuteronomy 21:18-21. It says:

Deuteronomy 21: 18-21 “18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”

That is a whole lot of teenagers that we need to kill.

Then there is Leviticus 20:13:

Leviticus 20:13 “13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”

All homosexuals need to be killed. What about this:

Leviticus 20:10 “10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.”

All adulterers are required to be killed.

That's a lot of people who need to be killed.

In other words, if we actually listened to what God says, we would need to kill at least half of the people in America tomorrow. After all, Isaiah 40:8 says, "8The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.” The article missed Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." The word of the Lord tells us to kill half of the U.S. population.

Oh its a lot more than half. The article missed a bit…
* Exodus 21:17 “17And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.”
* Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”
* Mark 7:10 “For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:”
*Matthew 15:4 "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." Who knows how many kids, teenagers, adults that would curse at their parents would this christian god put upon them to be killed? This god is really disturbed.

So every person that curses, repeat, curses at their parents that person shall be put to death.

What about Deuteronomy 13: 9-10?
“9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
For simply wanting to leave and believe in something else that person shall be put to death.

Deuteronomy 17: 2-5 basically states the same thing:
“2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lordthy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.”
For simply worshiping other things, who knows if they were other “gods” demands the death penalty. So all other religions with its peoples that do not worship the god of the bible are to be stoned to death. So its more like 7/10’s or higher of the population if ruled under the christian god would have to be killed.

There are two things in this that show you that God is imaginary. First there is the utter stupidity of these verses. Second, there is this fact: If God is an all-powerful being, he would kill them himself. There would be no need for people to do the murdering. These people would already be dead, and Wal-Mart would be closed on the Sabbath through lack of employees.

Notice that believers completely ignore these parts of the Bible. That is because they know that the verses are insane. Yet Christans also believe their God to be perfect, omniscient, all-loving and all-good. By acknowledging that their God is insane, they prove that their God is imaginary by contradiction with their opposite definition of God.

It is absolutely impossible for anyone who thinks that they are a christian to worship their tepid god and actually be a christian in any way, who rules with absolute power and then brings in fear and then uses that fear to control. Granted that’s how most religions operate, but not with such strangulation as christianity does. After all its one wrong move, one wrong slip-up and many christians who believe in this “hell” of theirs, they believe that they will be sent there even though society knows that they have done nothing wrong. Yet a murderer actually has a free hall pass if once convicted and roll over a new leaf and suddenly believes in this holier than thou He-Man She-Ra christian god of THEIRS. Yet strangely, and oddly, they cannot even prove that this god even exists.

RULES
Prove that the christian god is NOT completely insane, and not a cold blooded murderer and or bearer of the ordering the axe to grind and the hammer to claw and fall their way when this christian god could have and should have brought in an era of peace, harmony, love, kindness, care for each other but never did etc etc etc

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process
Eris2005

Con

Ok, I don't have a link to share with anybody, simply because I just found this argument, and felt the need to defend the rights of God and all of His followers.

Your first argument is a good one, the scriptures do say those exact words. However, I feel that they have a different context than what you suggest. Later, in the next scriptures, it was commanded that man was to bring treasures to the Lord (personally, I would too if it was our Heavenly Father). Wouldn't there work however, be an example of not keeping the Sabbath (Note which words I capitalize)? I have a link here that explains in some pretty good words, what I am trying to say.

https://www.lds.org...

I notice what you say about God wanting even His preachers, priests, and rabbis dead as well. In Mosiah 2:17, it was told that “when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God”. It would be insane for someone to think that God would not allow you to serve him because it was the Sabbath, since it is a day to worship him. Would going to Church count as breaking the Sabbath? Obviously not. In truth, He speaks of Spiritual death, and not receiving the blessing of the Celestial Kingdom after death. Not the end of their mortal life, but Spiritual life.

In Deuteronomy 21, I believe that the rebellious sons are not the same type that we think of. Back then, a son was supposed to be working hard on whatever they were supposed to do. It was a very busy time back then. Slacking off was definitely not something that you would want to be caught doing. Or, rebellious sons were more violent, criminal like, and had to be dealt with. Nobody is on God’s checklist. He loves all of his children equally.

I find your examples well chosen, and I have/had a hard time finding a scripture that countered what you said.

God does not want any of us dead. He cares for us all, but we must know that punishment is not the same as hatred. I don’t YET have too many answers, I’m still trying to gather enough evidence. This is a bit off topic, but why do you harbor so much hatred towards Christ? I’m not trying to be insulting, I just want to understand why.

I’m not saying you are right, I’m just saying that I’ll make my come-back in round 2.

(Gosh that ending sounds bad)

backwardseden

Pro

Well here"s the thing, there is absolutely no defense for god, religion and the bible. There may be defense for followers of god and their stupidity, yes, because they may certainly be naive and not read their bible"s at all which is 80% of those who claim themselves to be christians (roughly that do not even pick up their bible"s except for maybe once every other week, if that and read a few verses, if that. So that"s not being a christian. Nor is there such a thing as being an intelligent christian at any rate. Nor is there such a thing as following god at any rate also. They are all impossibilities and super unintelligent and no sane person would even dream of doing such stupid things"
https://www.youtube.com... - Why does every intelligent christian disobey christ?
https://www.youtube.com... - Top 10 reasons why the bible is repulsive
https://www.youtube.com... - Proving that god"s plan is impossible

No they are not to be taken in different context. You just want to twist it to make it suit your wants, needs and desires. Its rather simple English. But then again your god would never use text as a form of communication, the worst form of communication possible.
"it was commanded that man was to bring treasures to the Lord (personally, I would too if it was our Heavenly Father)." Why would you do such a horrific thing especially when your god truly hates children like you? And like a god/ supreme deity requires and or would want treasures of any kind? Come on.

Now that link you provided it, and think about it, is really and phenomenally stupid and one of the dumbest things ever and is solely intended to groom, indoctrinate and and ground children like you. Its so feely feely. Now think about it" the ENTIRE article is false. Its not about YOU honoring your pathetic god at all because there is no such thing in this case. Its a hard law. Its simple. If you work on the sabbath, its death. And the article tries and makes miserable attempts to somehow apologize for it. Well it is a ridiculous law to begin with in which in no way can possibly be followed. And of course its a law, just like all of god"s laws are not enforced. So in turn no one really believes in god as the videos truly demonstrates.
"It would be insane for someone to think that God"" Who ever said that god was sane? But then again, you cannot even prove that god even exists. Once again you don"t "serve" god on the sabbath. Its designed so you can rest. But then again if god is god he would not require rest. Its a joke.
"Would going to Church count as breaking the Sabbath? Obviously not." Well it depends if you work there.
"Nobody is on God"s checklist. He loves all of his children equally." totally 100% false. He hates gays. He hates those that curse at their parents. He hates those that are adulterers. He hates those that turn away from him and those that do not believe in him etc etc etc all in which requires death. Do you even know your bible AT ALL? Apparently not. Do you even believe in your god? Obviously not. And why would you want to?

"and I have/had a hard time finding a scripture that countered what you said." that"s because you can"t and ask yourself" why would you or anyone ---ever--- want to believe in a god with such restrictions and trash that is noosed around your neck? Especially especially especially when there should be none - that you should be your free person, with free will, free to think, free to be, with no threats of death for breaking stupid laws?
"God does not want any of us dead." Oh he most certainly does according to his jolly works, the bible. You are inventing excuses because you don"t know any better and go into flat out denial. Your god doesn"t gove a s--t about anybody. Again, invented excuses because you are inventing excuses, don"t know any better and going into flat out denial. Your bible flat out tells ytou otherwise AND YOU KNOW IT. OK I"m ending this.
Posted by Throwback 1 month ago
Throwback
King James bible is the most historical and accurate? There's a heated debate topic.
Posted by Eris2005 1 month ago
Eris2005
Never mind, you do use it. sry
Posted by Eris2005 1 month ago
Eris2005
I have never heard of those verses. Which Bible do you use? I'm not saying that your Bible is wrong, I just think it would be better if you used the most common and accurate one, (called that by historians) the King James Version. Just a thought. I feel like you would find more common ground between you and your contender.
Posted by backwardseden 1 month ago
backwardseden
@Throwback - I know where you got your name from now. I'm such an idiot that I didn't realize it earlier. Its from when you heave and you get all that backwash through you nose, you know Throwback. Nice name.
Posted by backwardseden 1 month ago
backwardseden
@Fernyx - Typical teeny bopper christian response with no outs. god murdering is one of many reasons to not believe in him. Duh. Grow up. Get a mustache.
Posted by Throwback 1 month ago
Throwback
@Fernyx, you're new to backwardseden? He's a class A idiot, but it's funny if you don't rake his rants seriously.
Posted by Fernyx 1 month ago
Fernyx
So your argument is the entirety of another argument with some summaries?