backwardseden
MrTako

Why would anyone "want" to believe in god?

MrTako has forfeited round #2.

backwardseden

Pro

Count all the people god wants to murder.
Taken from http://godisimaginary.com... I tacked on a little bit in the middle as this article missed a little bit as I’m sure I also missed a little. Nevertheless its really quite sick, disgusting and perverted. But it is a slap to the fact to christians of truth. OK here we go...

If you look in the Bible, there are an amazing number of people that God wants his followers to murder. For example, in Exodus 35:2 God lays down this commandment:

Exodus 35:2 “2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.”

Think about that how many people work on the Sabbath -- all the employees of Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, Linnens & things, grocery stores, convenience stores, power plants, airlines, hospitals, emergency services and on and on and on. Don't rabbis, priests and preachers work on the Sabbath? God wants all of them dead.

Then look at Deuteronomy 21:18-21. It says:Deuteronomy 21: 18-21 “18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”

That is a whole lot of teenagers that we need to kill.

Then there is Leviticus 20:13:Leviticus 20:13 “13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”

All homosexuals need to be killed. What about this:

Leviticus 20:10 “10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.”

All adulterers are required to be killed.

That's a lot of people who need to be killed.

In other words, if we actually listened to what God says, we would need to kill at least half of the people in America tomorrow. After all,

Isaiah 40:8 says, "8The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.” The article missed Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." The word of the Lord tells us to kill half of the U.S. population.

Oh its a lot more than half. The article missed a bit…
* Exodus 21:17 “17And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.”
* Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”
* Mark 7:10 “For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:”
*Matthew 15:4 "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."
Who knows how many kids, teenagers, adults that would curse at their parents would this christian god put upon them to be killed? This god is really disturbed.

So every person that curses, repeat, curses at their parents that person shall be put to death.

What about Deuteronomy 13: 9-10?
“9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage."
For simply wanting to leave and believe in something else that person shall be put to death.

Deuteronomy 17: 2-5 basically states the same thing:“2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lordthy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.” For simply worshiping other things, who knows if they were other “gods” demands the death penalty. So all other religions with its peoples that do not worship the god of the bible are to be stoned to death. So its more like 7/10’ths or higher of the population if ruled under the christian god would have to be killed.

There are two things in this that show you that God is imaginary. First there is the utter stupidity of these verses. Second, there is this fact: If God is an all-powerful being, he would kill them himself. There would be no need for people to do the murdering. These people would already be dead, and Wal-Mart would be closed on the Sabbath through lack of employees.

Notice that believers completely ignore these parts of the Bible. That is because they know that the verses are insane. Yet Christans also believe their God to be perfect, omniscient, all-loving and all-good. By acknowledging that their God is insane, they prove that their God is imaginary by contradiction with their opposite definition of God.

It is absolutely impossible for anyone who thinks that they are a christian to worship their tepid god and actually be a christian in any way, who rules with absolute power and then brings in fear and then uses that fear to control. Granted that’s how most religions operate, but not with such strangulation as christianity does. After all its one wrong move, one wrong slip-up and many christians who believe in this “hell” of theirs, they believe that they will be sent there even though society knows that they have done nothing wrong. Yet a murderer actually has a free hall pass if once convicted and roll over a new leaf and suddenly believes in this holier than thou He-Man She-Ra christian god of THEIRS. Yet strangely, and oddly, they cannot even prove that this god even exists.

RULES
Prove that the christian god is NOT completely insane, and not a cold blooded murderer and or bearer of the ordering the axe to grind and the hammer to claw and fall their way when this christian god could have and should have brought in an era of peace, harmony, love, kindness, care for each other but never did etc etc etc

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process
MrTako

Con

Because, since scientists only have a theory on what created everything, we can't be sure, but if we have god, then people have something to believe in and something to look up to as their morals and beliefs, and the morals of the bible aren't that bad such as "Do unto others, as you would do unto yourself" That is basically a modern said phrase used in classrooms all around the world, so it is not bad to believe in god, it is not a crime, it is basically looking for something to believe.
backwardseden

Pro

It is rather painfully obvious and clear that you did not examine/ read Round 1 AT ALL of what was posted and how truly evil (in which YOUR god has freely admitted SEVERAL times) your god truly is. Nor did you examine the article provided. So here it is once again... http://godisimaginary.com... - Count all the people god wants to murder. And then here's a video pointing out how repulsive YOUR god truly is and is something that NO ONE of intelligence should ---ever--- believe in...
So before you go on and on about something in which you clearly know nothing about and yet pretending that you do and thus making excuses for it, please study your subject matter at the very least and do some research on it rather than climbing onto a sunken ship hoping it will sink even further.
Posted by backwardseden 6 months ago
backwardseden
@FollowerofChristdiseasedmaggotshimself - Didn't read it. Nothing you say is true and obviously cannot be proved nor examined. And what idiot would want to? You are as low as they go spreading your trash and scum. Bye.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 6 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Because only in Him is true "peace" found! A man who has peace? Has everything! What good is money without peace? What good is health, without peace, what good is love without peace, what good are friends without peace!

God gives man ultimate peace! You don"t have money? You have what you need, be at peace! Don"t have friends? You have 1 friend who never leaves nor forsakes you, who truly accepts you AS YOU ARE, be at peace. Don"t have Health? You don"t need health to have purpose! To be without purpose IS DEATH.
Stop crying in your soup, it serves no purpose. You may not have the right to chose how you MUST LIVE, But you DO have the right to CHOOSE HOW you will live it!

Deuteronomy 30:19
19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life,

I have not health but I have peace, I have not wealth but I have enough, I have not friends but I require only 1, the one who is ever with me, who never forsakes me, who sees my failures but forgives me nevertheless. In Him I have peace. Behold I can go nowhere, yet I am everywhere, I have no friends yet, I have the Lord, who keeps me company all the days of my life.

I have joy of Spirit, joy of knowing The Creator of all things, and in His hands have I found .... Peace!
I require nothing more! I am .... content in whatever place I find myself. This is something not found in the world of fame, money, friendship, it is only found ... in God!