backwardseden
OxymoronicSmartguy

Why would anyone "want" to believe in jesus? You MUST give up your families, possessions etc

backwardseden

Pro

https://www.youtube.com...;- Why does every intelligent christian disobey jesus?
Why would anyone "want" to believe in jesus? You must give up your families, possessions and love your enemies. All three of those are absolutely insane. No person in their right mind would ever be stupid enough to do such absurd things. Would you give up your family, you mother, your father, your sister, your brother for an untested, an undemonstrated jesus character in which you cannot even prove exists? Who in their right mind would do such horrific, illogical, completely bonkers ideals? Are you that empty inside that seeking something else to give you meaning and purpose that you cannot grasp from within your own self worth that you have to seek it from elsewhere? And then ask yourself why would you dump your family, your possessions and love your enemies to worship a character from 2,000 years ago of print in which there’s no proof he ever existed?

Giving up your family…
Matthew 10: 35-37 “For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”

Luke 12 51-53 “Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.”

Luke 14:26 “If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.”

Matthew 19: 28-29 “28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.” (now who would ever want to receive “everlasting life”, whatever that means, in a life with jesus if it means giving up EVERYTHING?)

Luke 9: 23-25 “23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. 25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?” (Yeah we should all deny who we are, which means that we give up purpose and self worth and pride in life for this piece of garbage in print only as there’s 0% proof this jesus character even exists)

What a true schmuck and imbecile this in print character jesus fellow was and a true egotist to honestly expect that anyone would be shortsighted enough to give up their families and who we are as individuals for him. Nobody for any reason should ---ever--- give up their families for something that is unproved.

Giving up your possessions...
Matthew 6:19 “19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:”

Luke 14:33 “33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.”

Matthew 6:24 “24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.” (Well yeah I can serve two masters or even three or more, or who says I have to serve ANY MASTERS at all?)

Matthew 19: 21-24 “21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”

Well I’m not going to give up the internet, and neither are you, otherwise you would not be reading this, so you are not a true christian by any means to give up all of your possessions for this wannabe nothing no good bratty self righteous egotist jesus that truly nobody wants in their lives. If they did, then why oh why wouldn’t you follow YOUR fricken bible and DO WHAT IT SAYS AND give up all of your possessions including your cars, your house, your jewelry, your phone’s, your food, your computer's, ev-er-yt-hi-ng!!! Nah. You are completely and totally addicted to you possessions AND you have absolutely no intention whatsoever in giving them up to follow this jesus in print character into the desert.

Love your enemies...
Luke 6: 27 - 28 “27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.”

Luke 6: 35 “35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.”

Matthew 5:43-44 “43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;”

Indeed should we love our enemies? If so then why does this country have enough firepower to blow up the world probably a good 4 or 5 times over? And the Trump administration (the worst president of all time who claims he is a christian along with his sidekick Mike Pence a true piece of outhouse manure dung pile of brown stuff who also claims himself to be a christian and also wants to strengthen the military) would easily blow up anybody that crosses their lines. So who REALLY loves their enemies?
Do we let our guard down for anyone in our lives who has deeply hurt us/ become our enemies/ to set ourselves up to be subjugated again by the same person to dig in deeper and ruin our lives further? Does kindness and loving an enemy really help? Well who knows. Every situation is different. Two things. 1. Keep your guard up when this happens. 2. Its most certainly not a christian ideal and happens to everybody.

RULES:
Prove that this printed jesus character according to the bible is somehow worthy of being considered as the messiah.

Dsjpk5 will not be able to vote in the voting process.

OxymoronicSmartguy

Con

Many authority figures within the church believe Jesus is the messiah. They had dedicated their lives to the search of this.
backwardseden

Pro

I asked for proof. You didn't prove it. I mean all you did was prove one erectile dysfunction after another. And since no one is truly a christian and can possibly follow christ, as more than proved in RD1 with his laws and give up ---everything--- for him which is beyond insanity and also a true impossibility to give up ---everything--- to air, you once again have failed to prove that christ is worthy of in any way being the messiah. I also did say "this printed jesus" because after all there's no proof for jesus having ever existed now is there.? Duh. Having igloo fundee undie up in the high Arctic with heat insulated con-dumbs with aphid spit as oil is far more worthy of a messiah in any same person's mind.
OxymoronicSmartguy

Con

Very nice ad hominem attacks you have here and various appeals to authority(Any sane person's mind.)

If you could simply google the question you would find a wikipedia page dedicated to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

backwardseden

Pro

Again I asked for proof. You did not provide poof. How many times do we need to go through with this crap? OK to shut you up, why don't you simply type in your google search engine "debunking jesus" and wowzers, guess what happens? Gosh golly about 546,000 results appear. So POOF in your rabid rabbi bunny hole your wikipedia article becomes meaningless. Oh and btw, wikipedia is NOT right all the time. Oh and btw, in no way, did the article wikipedia state that YOUR jesus was the actual messiah. And since this is true, this figure in which you still can in no way prove exists, is obviously not worthy of being the messiah moron. Grow up. Provide a worthy conversation. I'm so very glad I made your day better. Please do not post me again unless you have something intelligent to say.
OxymoronicSmartguy

Con

My entire argument is futile and I agree with you that Jesus is not the messiah. I am simply playing devil's advocate. What I hope will give me some votes is of my civility compared to your lack thereof.
backwardseden

Pro

You are so correct, your entire argument is futile. I mean my case is airtight. Why would anyone "want" to believe in this supposed jesus who in which there's 0% evidence for as to believe in this storybook character requires faith. And faith is not evidence of any kind. Tc and have fun.
OxymoronicSmartguy

Con

I'll focus on the bit of my argument which points out your lack of civility. Of course my argument is terrible but my civility is higher.
backwardseden

Pro

My civility is crude and vicious I must admit. But I really can't stand it when people sign up for something in which they know they are wrong, and really don't want a debate like this in the first place as you have admitted to. What I hope for, but don't get because of characters like you are intelligent and educated debates.
OxymoronicSmartguy

Con

Yes, your civility is crude and vicious and you admit that. Your excuse does not justify what you did. I am very happy to debate you as a devil's advocate.

Please attack my argument and not me.
"What I hope for, but don't get because of characters like you are intelligent and educated debates."

In summary
Your arguments towards my intelligence and your lack of civility are not characteristic of a 'educated' debate you want.
Posted by fccorder 7 months ago
fccorder
I do agree their is a Jesus but at the same time I do feel the con won just because the facts and evidence he/she stated. I feel the Con wanted a real debate and maybe this was his/her chance to understand but I feel the pro didn't give a valid argument.
Posted by backwardseden 7 months ago
backwardseden
@clank2002 - Boring boredom bores a boring bore. No one has yet to prove that your christ, god, religion, bible exists. So until someone does (and theyu'd be the only sextionaire on the planet) then you and your wee wittle wost snookums is outta wuck. Now get hit dead with a snowflake. It might do you some good.
Posted by clank2002 7 months ago
clank2002
Sooooooo, since he has no rebuttal, do I win?
Posted by clank2002 7 months ago
clank2002
Also they don't HAVE to add up because it's two different topics.
Posted by clank2002 7 months ago
clank2002
Dude. Use deduction. If 3,230,000 can prove Jesus real, and 607,000 can prove it with science, then we can conclude that 607,000 of the 3,230,000 is proving Christianity with science. Please explain, cause I think you were too busy trying to insult me, how the numbers don't add up. BTW if my numbers don't add up then your numbers don't add up (as we are using the same source) My numbers don't add up, Therefore your numbers don't add up. Please explain what the hypothetical syllogism is called.
Posted by backwardseden 7 months ago
backwardseden
@clank2002 - Awe the poor wittle cabbage batbrain fwuffy easter bunny runny babbit chewtoy for your pet oxen actually thinks he has a cow hide of hype to say. Well then see the numero's don't match now do they? Nope. Its what is called a "super massive point blank big black gaping black hole contradiction for your you know where areas." And contradictions never work in preschool all the way up through graduation of your sneeze rag.
Posted by clank2002 7 months ago
clank2002
Btw here this is how many "proving Jesus real" gets on Google >About 3,230,000 results (0.43 seconds)

And this is "proving Christianity real with science">About 607,000 results (0.45 seconds)
Since your an atheist. *pats you on the head. (I am ok with all religions and life styles)
Posted by clank2002 7 months ago
clank2002

Posted by clank2002 7 months ago
clank2002
Dildo breath? Wow you can't think of anything better? Oh wait I forgot you dropped out of "I'd rather not say" University. Dude just debate. Read a debate book, stop using Ad Hominims. It lowers your credibility. I know I used them but I stand by what I said. Before you post again think about the proofs of it.
Posted by backwardseden 7 months ago
backwardseden
@PointyDelta - No dildo breath there's no evidence that christ in fact existed. Why don't you be a good little chap and google "debunking jesus" with about 543,000 results. I'm so very glad I made your day better. Please do not post me again unless you have something intelligent to say.