pro_debater_2000
NecroKid111

Wicca is a religion.

pro_debater_2000

pro_debater_2000

Pro

Wicca is a religion that worships a Goddess and a God. They do practice witchcraft but they believe in the phrase "and it harm none do what ye will" which means you can do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't harm anybody. Wicca is not a cult, because they won't force you to convert, recruit members from around the world, or even practice human sacrifice. If you want to be Wicca, they're happy and if not they're happy anyway. Wiccans are not cultivates, they're religious people who believe in free will, nature, and balance.
NecroKid111

Con

I believe that Wicca is more of a satanic cult than a religion. First of all, Wicca is associated with witchcraft/black magic and neo-paganism. They perform demonic rituals consisting of painted pentagrams, dead leaves, and candle wax. Wiccans believe they are witches as well, and there are reports of bloody animal sacrifices in certain rituals and offerings they perform. Many of the Wiccan gods/goddesses resemble horned demons and those who worship them are also worshipping Satan. Good luck. :)
Posted by Youngastronomer 1 year ago
Youngastronomer
A religion is anything that believes in a God. So therefore Wicca is a religion.
Posted by Sinque 1 year ago
Sinque
This is like asking 'is Christianity a religion?' By the definition of religion, it is.
Posted by Skavies 1 year ago
Skavies
I'm not seeing a question posted here for debate. Are you trying to say Wicca is a religion and you want someone to say it isn't? That would be like me saying I'm typing in something that approximates English. If I said only English, I'd have dozens of grammar Nazi's saying what I'm doing wrong for proper English, but I did say approximates English.

Wicca is a religion. That is a simple fact. Whether they are correct is a matter of opinion, and debatable, but then so is having a debate over whether the Catholics or Buddhists are right. To have a debate, you need to pose something with a grey area to argue about.
Vote Placed by JimShady 1 year ago
JimShady
pro_debater_2000NecroKid111Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro wins because he provided better arguments than NecroKid111. He says that it is a religion because they worship a God and Goddess. Even if you worship the devil, it can still technically be considered a religion. But overall pro_debater_2000 makes better arguments and better defines religion.