Jaedyn.T
amigodana

Wicca is not devil worship

amigodana

Jaedyn.T

Pro

I hear all the time that Wicca is devil worship and it is not Wiccan faith is a section of paganism which is belief in multiple gods. One major reason Wiccans are called devil worshippers is the fact that the pentagram has a major role in there practice. The pentagram does not represent the devil it is the symbol of the elements circle fire water earth air and spirit. The belief that people who are Wiccan are satanic spawns from the Christian bible and the belief that they are witches.
amigodana

Con

Actually, in the scriptures it clearly says that the element are bondage;

Galatians 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

It says that elements are WEAK and BEGGARLY and why would you want to be under that!

Galatians 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

In fact it says that they will be burned up!

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

In fact twice it says they will be destroyed!!!

2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Now as far as the star, there are two stars spoken of in the bible - the morning star which is Jesus and the star of another god;

1 Corinthians 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

Acts 7:43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

Amos 5:26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

Revelation 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

So, yes, Wicca is another god, contrary to Jesus. It is a false god and a false worship.
Jaedyn.T

Pro

Jaedyn.T forfeited this round.
Jaedyn.T

Pro

Jaedyn.T forfeited this round.
amigodana

Con

Numbers 14:18 "The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation."

2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

2 Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."
Posted by amigodana 2 years ago
amigodana
First and foremost, all misrepresentations and misunderstandings must be straightened out. We must both come to an understanding of what is being accused, which is exactly what I did!

Secondly, where in the world did you quote all these ideas and concerns or questions from? You put "unethical" in quotes as if I used that word. I would say that that is unethical of you to put words in my mouth. I said nothing of any relation to what you went off the handle about. All I did was repeat scripture written from the bible. I would suggest that maybe you are a little unstable and are in need of a little help, so I think this will be all the conversation that I am going to have about this matter with you "ATMUS".

The law is;

Exod 20:3 "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

I would think that someone who brags about how "logical, and knowledgeable" as you arrogantly portray on your profile, that you would correctly spell and correctly quote it. And what is this term "general doucheness"?
Posted by Narwhalicorn 2 years ago
Narwhalicorn
I don't think Con knew that the debate was if Wicca was a form of devil worship, since he argued the gods were false ones, not satanic ones.
Posted by Atmas 2 years ago
Atmas
Besides, First Commandment of the 10
Thou shall hath no other gods before me.
Before, not except.
Posted by Atmas 2 years ago
Atmas
A vain and arrogant debate, indeed, when ASSUMING that your supernatural fairy is the only real supernatural fairy and everyone else is just worshiping the big bad pixie, without understanding that worshiping the big bad pixie REQUIRES belief in YOUR supernatural fairy. Christian Ethics? What do you think Wiccans do that is "unethical"? Is it the fact that women rule the religion? Is that the unethical part for you? How about spellcasting? I find it hilarious how similar is to praying, indeed, both actions are pointless and don't work.
Going through life assuming you're correct and everyone else is wrong just leads you down a well beaten path of ignorance, denial, disillusion, arrogance, and general doucheness.
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
As much as Wiccanism is Devil worship, I wouldn't take a stand indicating that it was. It would be a feud, and a vain debate.

However. If we agree, that Devil worship is all forms of worship in contradiction to Christian ethics, which are supported in full by Hinduism, as the precursor of the religion. Then I would gladdy take this debate, and strongly make my point Wiccanism is devil worship.
Posted by Jaedyn.T 2 years ago
Jaedyn.T
Thank you Atmas you seem to know a lot about this as well and I know what you mean about the separate religion
Posted by Jaedyn.T 2 years ago
Jaedyn.T
Mightbenihilism it's is more that it doesn't fit into the Judeo-Christian model because wiccan ism has nothing to do with the faiths therein most wiccans do not believe in Christ the one god of Christianity and by default they do not believe in the davil of its faith GoOrDin I'd like to debate this with you seem like an interesting opponent with knowledge on the subject.
Posted by Atmas 2 years ago
Atmas
I used to be a Wiccan, and as per my personality type, I studied it intensely... which eventually led me to call mad bullsh!t and leave it. I learned allot about it, though, and that knowledge has it's uses, like right now. Wicca cannot be devil worship, because it is it's own separate religion with it's own gods and goddesses. That would be like saying the Greeks who worshiped Zeus were worshiping the devil. Wiccans believe that the highest divine force is a goddess and not a god, although they do have a god, he is just lower than the goddess. This is primarily because Wicca is a female dominated religion which puts women on higher pedestals than men. The goddess and the god can go by many names, and whichever name you want to use doesn't really matter, as long as you are evoking, she/he will answer. I personally used to call them Isis and Osiris. Many people want to say that Wicca is just re-branded witchcraft, but those two are actually different and are sometimes enemies. Wicca has far more roots in druid beliefs than witchcraft or voodoo and many of the "spells" wiccans try to cast are based on the supposed natural powers within everyday things like spices or gems. I hate when Wicca gets called devil worship, even if I no longer believe in it, mostly because it's such an ignorant and naive statement. It's like saying native american beliefs is just devil worship, the two don't have anything to do with each other. Satanism is satanism, a purposeful opposition against the christian god, no other religion can claim this because they would first have to believe in the christian god.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
That's very interesting, GoOrDin. It would make a good documentary on Youtube for sure.
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
the satanism spawns from sacrificing things. primarily. sorcery, another primary. lack of doctrine, prophecy, or prophets, and yet a strong following of people who insist their logic is as full and fully developed as another. as well as the individual behaviors of adulterous participants, worship of deities who have not created the universe, and other things, such as stones, which are believed to have powers in wiccanism. In addition, the pentogram, which is not mentioned in Christianity, is only associated with the devil because people use it to worship the elements in opposition to God*** derp*
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Jaedyn.TamigodanaTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Jzyehoshua 2 years ago
Jzyehoshua
Jaedyn.TamigodanaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm not actually convinced either side won this debate, Con for all the Bible verses never really provided anything but circumstantial evidence open to interpretation. Stars being mentioned doesn't necessarily link Wicca for example. Con would have easily won the debate in my mind had they brought up 1 Corinthians 10:20-21 establishing that Biblically sacrifices to other deities are actually sacrifices to devils. Didn't really find Con's verses too relevant though.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Jaedyn.TamigodanaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture