Wii Is Better Than The PS3?

Ok, Well PS3 Has Excellent Graphics Ill Give You That. But I Guess Its All A Matter Of How Big Your Family Is. If You Have A Family Of 7 Like Myself, Go For The Wii.But If You Have A Small Family A PS3 Is For You. The Wii Has The Option Of WiiConnect24. Which Gives You Internet Access Even If The Wii's Not On.
It Will Update The Wii For You. You Can Upload Pictures And Let You Go Online With Various Games. The PS3 However Does Have Many More Games With Internet Access To Play Online.
The console was conceived in 2001, as the Nintendo GameCube was first seeing release. According to an interview with Nintendo's game designer Shigeru Miyamoto, the concept involved focusing on a new form of player interaction. "The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction."[10]

Two years later, engineers and designers were brought together to develop the concept further. By 2005, the controller interface had taken form, but a public showing at that year's E3 was withdrawn. Miyamoto stated that, "[W]e had some troubleshooting to do. So we decided not to reveal the controller and instead we displayed just the console."[10] Nintendo president Satoru Iwata later unveiled and demonstrated the Wii Remote at the September Tokyo Game Show.[8]

The Nintendo DS is said to have influenced the Wii design. Designer Ken'ichiro Ashida noted, "We had the DS on our minds as we worked on the Wii. We thought about copying the DS's touch-panel interface and even came up with a prototype." The idea was eventually rejected, with the notion that the two gaming systems would be identical. Miyamoto also expressed that, "[I]f the DS had flopped, we might have taken the Wii back to the drawing board."[10]

Nintendo has attributed the success of the Wii to the ideas presented in the business strategy book Blue Ocean Strategy.[11] Within the context of a Blue Ocean Strategy analysis, the key factors of the Wii reflect what is termed the "Six Path Framework" described within the book. While Nintendo has not publicly released the factors used, it is believed that they include "price", "movie playing", "graphics", "physics", "fun", "game library", and "magic wand". Applying the Four Actions Framework would eliminate movie playing, reduce graphics and physics, raise fun and the game library, and lead to the creation of their "magic wand": the Wii Remote.[12]

The console was known by the code name of "Revolution" until April 27, 2006, immediately prior to E3.[13] The Nintendo Style Guide refers to the console as "simply Wii, not Nintendo Wii", making it the first home console Nintendo has marketed outside of Japan without the company name featured in its trademark. While "Wiis" is a commonly used pluralization of the console, Nintendo has stated that the official plural form is "Wii systems" or "Wii consoles."[14] Nintendo's spelling of "Wii" with two lower-case "i" characters is meant to resemble two people standing side by side, representing players gathering together, as well as to represent the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.[15] The company has given many reasons for this choice of name since the announcement; however, the best known is:

" Wii sounds like 'we', which emphasizes that the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.[15] "

Despite Nintendo's justification for the name, some video game developers and members of the press reacted negatively towards the change. They preferred "Revolution" over "Wii"[16] and Forbes expressed fear "that the name would convey a continued sense of 'kidiness' [sic] to the console."[17] The BBC reported the day after the name was announced that "a long list of puerile jokes, based on the name," had appeared on the Internet.[18] Nintendo of America's president Reggie Fils-Aime acknowledged the initial reaction and further explained the change:

" Revolution as a name is not ideal; it's long, and in some cultures, it's hard to pronounce. So we wanted something that was short, to the point, easy to pronounce, and distinctive. That's how 'Wii,' as a console name, was created.[19] "

Nintendo of America's then-Vice President of Corporate Affairs Perrin Kaplan defended its choice of "Wii" over "Revolution" and responded to critics of the name by stating, "Live with it, sleep with it, eat with it, move along with it and hopefully they'll arrive at the same place."[20]

Main article: Wii launch

Wii retail display boxesOn September 14, 2006, Nintendo announced release information for Japan, North and South America, Australasia (Oceania), Asia and Europe, including dates, prices, and projected unit distribution numbers. It was announced that the majority of the 2006 shipments would be allotted to the Americas,[21][dead link] and that 33 titles would be available in the 2006 launch window.[22] The United Kingdom suffered a large shortage of console units as many high-street and online stores were unable to fulfill all pre-orders when it was released on December 8, 2006.[23] The Wii was launched in South Korea on April 26, 2008 and in Taiwan on July 12, 2008.[24][25]

System sales
See also: Wii launch#Sales
Sales figures
(as of December 31, 2008)[1] Region Units shipped First available
Americas 20.40 million November 19, 2006
Japan 7.80 million December 2, 2006
Other regions 16.76 million December 8, 2006
Total 44.96 million
Since its launch, the monthly sales numbers of the console have been higher than its competitors across the globe. According to the NPD Group, the Wii sold more units in the United States than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 combined in the first half of 2007.[26] This lead is even larger in the Japanese market, where it currently leads in total sales, having outsold both consoles by factors of 2:1[27] to 6:1[28] nearly every week from launch until November 2007.[29] In Australia, the Wii exceeded the record set by the Xbox 360 to become the fastest selling games console in Australian history.[30]

On September 12, 2007, it was reported by the Financial Times that the Wii had surpassed the Xbox 360, which was released one year previously, and had become the market leader in home console sales for the current generation, based on sales figures from Enterbrain, NPD Group, and GfK.[31] This is the first time a Nintendo console has led its generation in sales since the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.[31]

On July 11, 2007, Nintendo warned that the Wii would remain in short supply throughout 2007.[32] In December 2007, Reggie Fils-Aime revealed that Nintendo produces approximately 1.8 million Wii consoles each month.[33] Some UK stores still had a shortage of consoles as of March 2007,[34] demand still outpaced supply in the United States as of June 2007,[35] and the console "selling out almost as quickly as it hits retail shelves" in Canada as of April 2008.[36][37] In October 2008, Nintendo announced that between October and December 2008 the Wii will have its North American supplies increased considerably from 2007's levels,[38] while producing 2.4 million Wii units a month worldwide, compared to 1.6 million per month in 2007.[39]

In 2007, the Wii was the second best-selling game console (behind the Nintendo DS) in the US and Japan with 6.29 million and 3,629,361 units sold respectively, according to the NPD Group and Enterbrain.[40][41][42][43][44] During the same year, the Wii had outsold the PlayStation 3 by 3:1 in Japan, while the Xbox 360 had sold 257,841 units in that region that year, according to Enterbrain.[45][46] In Europe, the Wii sold 0.7 million units in 2006 and 4.8 million in 2007 according to estimates by Electronic Arts.[47][48] In 2008, the Wii was the best-selling home console in Japan with 2,908,342.

This is my first debate, even though i wanted to debate something more legit, like Vigilantism... but ok, i gladly accept.

Now, i will first proceed to argue for ps3 then agaisnt wii...
I may lose this as i am being lazy and not directly rebutting my opponent.

I'm sorry, everything is about graphics. I have to go there. Realism is key when you are playing a game... Now, the PS3 also has interactive motion tech, and wont kill your hand and muscles...
I am a frequent gamer, and i can say that we all know that the nicer something looks, the more attracted we are to it.

Let's take call of duty 3.

XBOX had best quality, i admit.... PS3 had slightly less quality, and a decent motion system, while wii had bad graphics and an outstanding motion system.
A local survey shows that the majority of people were attracted to the ps3 version
1. because it had amazing graphics
2. because it had decent motion interactivity

Now, let's look at COD4...

PS3- beat the XBOx in graphics for this one. had some motion control going on.

XBox- had the great graphics, but not as good as ps3 (shame... i love xbox) no motion control

Wii- oh wait, nevermind, Infinity Ward couldn't lower the graphics enough to get it on there....

DS- horrendous, they wasted a long time making a completely new game for it.

(no offense)

I'm well aware of Nintendo world as well... It's no miracle. We had e3 etc as well.
The ps3 offers many of the same games as the wii with better graphics. LittleBig Planet is a great FAMILY game...

now move to the wii...

ill keep this concise

1. graphics
2. glitches
3. online services
4. sound quality
5. screen resolutions
6. dnagers of breaking the tv
7. heating
8. cooling system sucks
9. internal breakdowns

in the next round i will provide evidence for this, im lazy.

all of these are terrible on the wii.... they kill it.

thus, the ps3 outweighs the wii

tharlew forfeited this round.

My opponent makes my job much easier. He forefeits his case, and by failing to attack my case, he agrees with mine, thus contradicting his. Turn the impacts of his case completely against him. Therefore, ps3 is better. My opponent can neither defend his case nor attack mine. Therefore, you must vote for ps3.

Thank you for debating.

First Of All I Hate This All Forfeit Thing!!! I Haven't Logged On To In A Week! I Did Not Forfeit I just Was Not There To DEBATE!
Of Course Now That I Think About What Other Cruel Debaters Said...
This Debate Is A Matter Of Opinion.
There Will Never Be Any Proof That Systems Are Better Than The Other.
You Can State Facts On The Systems Advantages But Opinions Are Opinions.
And Can Never Be Proven. That The Wii Is Better Or Worse
Thank You-ThaRl3W

Okay, so my opponent once again abandons his case and leaves my case open for more extensions. Please look at my previous argument.
Essentially, what my opponent said this round was that "debate is about opinion", and that "no side can hope to achieve a win".

Debate is not about opinion. a judge does not vote off personal bias, they vote off who does the better debating.
That better debater, is quite obviously me, because i bring in elements of debate, and my opponent does not after reciting his case. Therefore, debate is about who puts up better arguments, and VOTING ISSUES, which i will get to in a moment.

One side can win the resolution, since judges vote off the better debater. Please look at my rant just a few lines above.

Voting issues:

1: My whole case is left unattacked, so I win there.

2: My opponent's whole case is left abandoned and undefended to my attacks, so I win there.

3. I clearly rebut this NEW burden my opponent puts in the THIRD ROUND and do it quite efficiently, so I win there.

4. Please look at the Capital Words in voting issue 3. My opponent would be bullying me into wasting time rebutting new points such as the burden he places in Round 3, and thus, threatening the purpose of the debate. The debate is for educational value, and bringing up new arguments goes against this, as one debater is hindered into not only attacking initial arguments, but also new ones. Therefore, this giant rant/voting issue can be used as an independent voter for me, regardless of personal favor or who did the better debating.

For all these reasons, you must vote for the PS3. I clearly win out on every aspect.
Posted by NJDebater 7 years ago
My opponent clrearly plagiarized the following site to create his case:

It is plagiarized word for word.

I'm sorry if im being rude, but this is just pathetic....

Final voting issue: My opponent plagiarized a supposedly unreliable souce.
Posted by NJDebater 7 years ago
tharlew, calm down a bit, the forefeit system cant be changed, and i am not penalizing you for supposed copy/paste.. unless one of those guys sends me a whole html file with a web site with photos and the same exact case.... with a publishing date before yours...
Posted by tharlew 7 years ago
Well, The Internet Is Cruel.:( I Did Not Copy And Paste. And, I Dont Care Really That You Think This Debate Is Pointless!
Its My Opinion If It Is A Good Debate And It's Up To You Guys To DEBATE On My Subject Not Criticize On What I Discus Thank You
Posted by NJDebater 7 years ago
whether he copied and pasted doesnt matter to me.. im just very tired... and im preparing for districts, os i though, why not practice while im at it lol.
Epicism, i know. i wanted to find an open vigilantes debate, but there were none that were open.
I'm just practicing... this is a bad topic i know.
Posted by DeadLeaves93 7 years ago
Maybe you and the guy with the debate supporting the PS3 should debate.
Posted by Epicism 7 years ago
Try some more serious debates. A good way to start is to look at that "The Big Issues" chart on your profile, those always make for good debates.
Posted by PoeJoe 7 years ago
Posted by rangersfootballclub 7 years ago
my comment is not , as you can see the errors , but yes i think his argument is ...
Posted by I-am-a-panda 7 years ago
Could it be any more obvious as copy pasta.
the ps3 is a far better on the grounds that , it is more popular i would say , it has more games which are more gripping , unlike the wii which has jsut really only got good natured fun games , which is good but , not always.
The games that are suppose to be gripping on the wii , are neevr really taken seriously.

The ps3 has far more features beign introuduced and already hear , better voice chat ( you can use a bluetooth headset form your phone )

the ps3 also has a wii remote feature, which i would say is the wiis only major advantage , and if the ps3 has it ....

there is simply more varity in ps3 , and with upto 4 players , you can have a ps3 and a big family.

the ps3 has an internet connection , infact if i wanted to i could use a ps3 to log onto this site , use the ps3 keyboard which can be plugged into the remote its so small , and type this out.

it also win on the grounds its far more appealing to all gamers , mainly the very large community of millions hardcore gamers
Vote Placed by NiamC 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: forfeiting a round does not count
Vote Placed by Kirke32 6 years ago
Vote Placed by NJDebater 7 years ago