Sbailey
theman90210

Wii U a next generation console

Started: 11/25/2013 Category: Games

Sbailey

Pro

Wii U is Nintendo's sixth home console. Releasing a year before the PS4 and Xbone hit, Wii U is being dubbed 'last gen' and 'irrelevant' in comparisons to the new, shiny consoles from Sony and Microsoft. My argument is that while it is clear as day that the Wii U is more on level with PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of graphical power, being more powerful doesn't mean the PS4/Xbone is any most 'next-gen' than the Wii U. Being released in the same time frame and being supported currently means that Wii U is just as next gen as the PS4 and Xbone are.
theman90210

Con

The wii U does not have the specs that are required for it to keep up as being a next gen console.
Sbailey

Pro

You have just proved my point with your statement. Being next-gen doesn't have anything to do with specs, as I said in my opening argument. The Wii U is next gen by the virtue of it being one of the three (major) consoles being supported in this generation.
theman90210

Con

theman90210 forfeited this round.
Sbailey

Pro

Another point. Regardless of console, games are the single most important thing the game industry outputs. Why should one console be called lesser to another when its output is arguably better? PS4 currently has Knack, Killzone ShadowFall and Resogun as exclusives, the Xbone has Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Forza, Crimson Dragon and more. Wii U has Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Sonic Lost World etc. I know which console's game collection I like more. And with Smash Bros Wii U, Zelda Wii U, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, X, Yarn Yoshi and a lot more games on the horizon, the rebuttal that PS4 and Xbone will get stronger with time is invalid (although i'm looking forward to Infamous: Second Son and Uncharted PS4 immensely (: )
theman90210

Con

theman90210 forfeited this round.
Sbailey

Pro

Seems like I have won...
Long live the Wii U!
theman90210

Con

theman90210 forfeited this round.