diety
mongeese

Wii will phail in a few years or so

mongeese
Started: 6/4/2009 Category: Technology

diety

Pro

Wii is going down baby! It will be an epic phail.

Phail - 1) a cool way to say fail, 2) strong emphasization of the word fail

I made this debate four rounds so you can blow the first round without giving any arguments. Please don't argue in the first round.
mongeese

Con

Alright, then. I accept this debate. My opponent bears an extreme burden of proof here, as I simply have to show why whatever prediction he makes may be flawed.

The definition of few:
"not many but more than one"
http://dictionary.reference.com...

The definition of fail:
"to receive less than the passing grade or mark in an examination, class, or course of study"
http://dictionary.reference.com...

I await your contentions.
diety

Pro

diety forfeited this round.
mongeese

Con

...

Wii will not "phail" in a few years or so.

I would like to remind everybody that my opponent bears the burden of proof as the Instigator, and that predictions are nearly impossible to prove.

I *still* await my opponent's contentions.
diety

Pro

Oh my god I'm so sorry. I devoted my entire weekend to playing with my little siblings. I really wasn't planning on forfeiting but hey, family comes first. Sincerest apologies for forfeiting.

Anyway please stop trying to screw around with the definitions.

Definition of fail
to fall short of success or achievement in something expected, attempted, desired, or approved:

http://dictionary.reference.com...

Anyway, a few weeks ago I was watching e3 2009. It seems that the Wii's failure to win this generation is inevitable for 3 reasons:

1) Both microsoft and sony have presented their own motion sensor technology that is smoother and more powerful that wii's

2) Xbox 360 is cheaper than wii

3) Wii's hardware as a weakling as PS3 and Xbox 360's hardware (Graphics card, processor, memory) is a generation ahead of wii's (wii's power is about that of an original Xbox)

4) Xbox 360 and PS3 have it where you can download movies and music right into your living room.

5) Wii has some of the poorest functionality. It cannot play DVD's or music, but both the PS2 as well as the original Xbox can. And what is nintendo's answer to PS3's blu-ray player?

6) Wii was just a fad. A gimmick. It was hype at first but it's not coming out with any good games anymore, whereas PS3 and Xbox 360 are coming out with plenty

7) Wii tried to play the child's play card by making a big part of their games fun for everyone (tots, kids, teens, tweens, old people), but the average gamer is like in their 30's

8) Where are Wii's MMO's? PS3 and Xbox 360 have several MMO's and are coming out with more.

That's all I will present for now to assure that I don't forfeit this round.

:)

I'll give you a chance to present your counter argument before rebutting it and presenting evidence for my case

:)

Thanks bro.

P.S.: I hope you'll make this a gamer friendly debate instead of just a semantical, poke holes in your argument debate. I mean you can poke holes in my argument, just don't attack my use of words or anything dumb like screwing around with definitions

Please vote PRO

Thank you
mongeese

Con

"1) Both microsoft and sony have presented their own motion sensor technology that is smoother and more powerful that wii's"
That's nice.
Now, here's something about the Wii: it will soon have the Wii MotionPlus.
I don't know exactly how much smoother it makes things, as it hasn't come out, but it probably allows the Wiimote to meet or exceed the upcoming PS3/360 controllers.

"2) Xbox 360 is cheaper than wii"
Only the Arcade version, which is the weakest version.

"3) Wii's hardware as a weakling as PS3 and Xbox 360's hardware (Graphics card, processor, memory) is a generation ahead of wii's (wii's power is about that of an original Xbox)[citation needed]"
This is an un-sourced generalization.

"4) Xbox 360 and PS3 have it where you can download movies and music right into your living room."
That's just swell. Since when is downloading music and movies necessary for a video game console? That's why they have TiVo, DVD, Pandora, and iPods.

"5) Wii has some of the poorest functionality. It cannot play DVD's or music, but both the PS2 as well as the original Xbox can. And what is nintendo's answer to PS3's blu-ray player?"
That's why everybody already has a DVD player and an iPod. And iPods are light and portable. Besides, Nintendo has the DSi, which has portable music.

"6) Wii was just a fad. A gimmick. It was hype at first but it's not coming out with any good games anymore, whereas PS3 and Xbox 360 are coming out with plenty"
It has enough good games to last any Nintendo fan forever.
It has Virtual Console, which allows them to relive the greatest games of all time.
There's also Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Sonic Unleashed, Mario Kart Wii, and my personal favorite, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
http://www.gamepro.com...
These are twenty-one upcoming Wii games to drool over, although the list is a bit outdated, so some of the games are already out.
Don't forget Wii Sports Resort.

"7) Wii tried to play the child's play card by making a big part of their games fun for everyone (tots, kids, teens, tweens, old people), but the average gamer is like in their 30's"
Well, if you have a bunch of young kids, a bunch of teens, a bunch of college kids, a bunch of adults, and a bunch of old people who all play video games, the average is bound to end up in the 30's range.
However, the Wii obviously appeals to many. How else would it sell fifty million consoles worldwide?
http://www.engadget.com...

"8) Where are Wii's MMO's? PS3 and Xbox 360 have several MMO's and are coming out with more."
MMO's are for the computer. Why does the Wii need MMO's? Besides, Mario Kart Wii has great online play.

Anyways, I ask you this: why do any of these things predict failure for the Wii? If the Wii gets passed up, that doesn't mean that it failed. It means that it eventually became outdated, which is inevitable in today's world.

We have no reason to vote PRO yet. PRO has not established why any of his points predict "phailure" for the Wii. He just has points.

With no reason to vote PRO, we have every reason to vote CON.
diety

Pro

diety forfeited this round.
mongeese

Con

In conclusion, my opponent has not been able to show how the potential successes of the 360 and the PS3 would lead to inevitable "failure" for the Wii.

I know he was on earlier today...

Anyways, my opponent hasn't even come close to meeting any sort of burden of proof whatsoever.

The Wii will live on.

Vote CON.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
I'm waiting for the re-challenge.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Full of what?
Posted by diety 7 years ago
diety
Ill redo this one and you're STILL full of it. Everytime I see you ima put you're full of it!
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
...

How?
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
B/A - CON
C - CON
PRO forfeited twice.
S/G - CON
"Wii is going down baby!"
CA - CON
PRO did nothing to support the resolution.
If he did, he didn't say how.
S - CON
He used two non-dictionary sources and more dictionary sources.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Okay, maybe he will never change the definition.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
I'm going to let him change the definition. I just want to drill into his head that he should fully define the resolution.
Posted by LB628 7 years ago
LB628
That or just point out that being improved upon does not mean it failed. Systems dont usually last more than 5 years.
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
You don't need to resort to a wording argument to win this one, geese. There's plenty of history to back a Con position.
Vote Placed by Cyan_Caze 7 years ago
Cyan_Caze
dietymongeeseTied
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
dietymongeeseTied
Vote Placed by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
dietymongeeseTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
dietymongeeseTied
Vote Placed by vorxxox 7 years ago
vorxxox
dietymongeeseTied
Vote Placed by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
dietymongeeseTied