Republican_Apologist
MarkCarbons

Will Donald Trump really make Mexico pay for his wall?

Republican_Apologist has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Republican_Apologist

Pro

I (Pro) back the statement that Donald Trump will make Mexico pay for his wall. This is not a debate on whether the wall will work, this solely focuses on the afore mentioned. (Round 1 is acceptance)
MarkCarbons

Con

Unfortunately, I find myself disagreeing. Donald has stated various ways to make them pay, of course. But the problem resides in one thing: The reasons for them. Although I surely prefer his political campaign to Clinton's, I have to disagree on his declaration. You see, his motivations are clearly stated in his website:

"Mexico has taken advantage of us in another way as well: gangs, drug traffickers and cartels have freely exploited our open borders and committed vast numbers of crimes inside the United States."

Just because, for example, 10 members of a country are evil and corrupted, doesn't mean you should profit on the shoulder, on the struggling workforce of that country.
A workforce trying to survive, just like anybody else.
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
This is actually fairly simple. One way would be to get rid of horrible NAFTA and charge Mexico for imports. Another way would be to tax money sent to Mexico as an export tax or some other tax. Another way is to restructure some of the many deals the US has with Mexico in a way that benefits the US.

Mexico will not pay directly for the wall but there are many ways to take away money that is currently flowing to them faster than the Rio Grande.
Posted by HeavenlyPanda 1 year ago
HeavenlyPanda
Yes, Donald Trump is crazy and he'll try to figure out a way. Then the Chinese will make him pay a steep fine for plagiarism of their Great Wall of China. (They'll probably threaten to withdraw all their pandas)
Posted by OxfordUni 1 year ago
OxfordUni
I don't think there is much to debate about on this topic, I can debate you if you want, but can you first provide further detail on your argument so I will have more to rebut about