danielawesome12
JuliusMaximus

Will Hillary Clinton win the 2016 election

danielawesome12

Pro

Because of her wide support, lack of competition form both parties, and how well she did against Obama in the primary (2008) I think Hillary Clinton will be the next U.S. president
JuliusMaximus

Con

I belive that there are several repubican canidates who could go toe to toe with Hillary, aswell as her possibly being challenged by Joe Biden. Her current high approval rate is due to the fact that she has been out of the political arena for some time now, but once she announces she is running, and the political Machine starts turning those rates will fall. For these reasons, i belive that Hillary will be in jepordy of losing the 2016 Election.
danielawesome12

Pro

Thank you for your point, I believe they will go toe-to-toe with Hillary as well, but I believe even Marco Rubio can't win, I believe as it stands right now Hillary would win a election with Rubio in similar fashion to Obama-McCain I believe the Media has vast support for her in the same way they influenced the 2012 election Romney came close but lost (partly) due to overwhelming media bias, and not only did he lose, he also lost every battle-ground state even Florida. It is hard to win when your ahead in approval ratings and pull away, It's impossible when your behind and can't catch up and Rubio's ratings will fall more as republican candidates take shots at him alone (as he is top contender but not with overwhelming support) to try and make the final booth. It is apparent that Hillary will win her party even Bill Clinton is fighting side by side with her I'm sure she's getting plenty of advice between Bill and Obama of how to run Campaign
I wish you luck in round 2, good opening points .
JuliusMaximus

Con

Your point comparing a possible Rubio vs. Clinton campaign to the Obama-McCain campaign is rather faulty. In the 2008 campaign, Obama was the young , energetic minority man against an old, tired white man. However In a Rubio-Clinton election however,Clinton would not be able to use the same point of attack against Rubio, Christie, or Paul. I would agree with you that the media typically supports democratic candidates, however, they always have and republicans have won in the past. I would further disagree that Rubio is the top contender, with his recent filibuster, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul has risen to the national scale. Furthermore, Chris Christie has been shown as a blunt and honest politician who is not afraid to compromise, or stand like a stick in the mud. His approval rating that has been hovering at about 70 percent in a reliably blue state stands testament to his elect ability on a national scale.
Good points, and an enjoyable debate thusfar.
danielawesome12

Pro

Thank you for your previous argument, Hilary's odd have skyrocketed since 2008 http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com... have Clinton would be a strong candidate paragraph 2.Mrs. Clinton"s credentials as secretary of state, as a United States senator and as a politically engaged first lady would be hard for any of her Democratic or Republican rivals to match. She would have little trouble raising funds or garnering support from the Democratic officials, and she might even come close to clearing the Democratic field of serious opposition.
From this argument alone you must think blowout while Rubio may put up a fight in Hispanic states I think he will still lose California and Arizona (win Texas and Nevada) it is apparent California is not in doubt. While major candidate Jeb Bush will try and take out Rubio if he does, he would have no hope as contesting Clinton. In addition Hillary will have major favor with the elderly as she understands what there going through and she's democratic meaning Florida is not in doubt
JuliusMaximus

Con

Hilary's odds may have been going up since 2008, but her and her husband's uncertain health put the future in an uncertain light. I agree that Hilary would be a very difficult opponent to beat, with her extensive connections to the Nation's democratic elite. However, at this point there is no clear evidence on who is likely to be the Republican candidate, much less the dirt and mud that will be slung around during election season. Thus anything we say here is purely speculative. I speculate that it's anyone's game at the moment.
Posted by danielawesome12 4 years ago
danielawesome12
meant to put how not have in the 3rd paragraph
Vote Placed by ProudBlackVoter 4 years ago
ProudBlackVoter
danielawesome12JuliusMaximusTied
Reasons for voting decision: looking back, pro's sources were just were he copy pasted from...... whoops hit one too far over, not so lucky Con
Vote Placed by Controverter 4 years ago
Controverter
danielawesome12JuliusMaximusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sources is obvious. Arguments of con failed to convince me in the slightest and were immature opinions that were all very biased.