Wilson704
PandaTime

Will President Trump be re-elected in the 2020 Presidential Election?

PandaTime has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Wilson704

Pro

The first round will be for acceptance only!

I (the Pro) will be arguing that the current president of the United States, Donald Trump, will be re-elected in the year, 2020.

The Con will arguing that President Trump will NOT be re-elected in the year, 2020.
PandaTime

Con

I believe that President Trump will not be re elected in 2020.

If you look at the things he says in his tweets, speeches, and other platforms you will see that he consistently makes people angry. Make one minority group upset and you can win, but by angering many of them, including women, LGBT people, African Americans, and Latinos, you leave a small group of straight white men that can overlook the things you have said about the aforementioned people.

This along with many other reasons contributes to why I believe President Donald Trump will not be re elected.
Wilson704

Pro

I want to thank my opponent for taking on this debate. I hope that we can have a respectful debate on this topic.

First of all, you pointed out his tweets, speeches, and other platforms. I do agree that President Trump can have a mouth on some points but the whole making people angry point that you decided to put on is just not enough. I see you do recognize the people that get angry when President Trump says something that the minorities upset. The point that I don't see is that you said "but by angering many of them, including women, LGBT people, African Americans, and Latinos, you leave a small group of straight white men that can overlook the things you have said about the aforementioned people.", many of the people in those same communities support Trump with a strong passion in fact. Lets talk about the women, according to Quartz Media 42% of women voted for Trump, but it is divided by race. The Black Community had the most votes for women by a landslide with a huge 97% for Hillary, but lets look at how many African-american women are in the United States. According to BlackDemographics.com, their are only 23.5 Million African American Women in the United States with an average age of 35 compared to 157 million in 2012. That same concept can apply to the minorities as well.

Again thank you for accepting this debate! Have a good day! -Wilson
Posted by Wilson704 4 weeks ago
Wilson704
I forgot to post my sources in the first round!

http://blackdemographics.com...
https://qz.com...
Posted by Wilson704 4 weeks ago
Wilson704

http://blackdemographics.com...
https://qz.com...
Posted by Nd2400 4 weeks ago
Nd2400
Um duh. Of course he will. I don't like him but he is doing a okay job. His new tax plan is actually pretty good, sure it will benefit the wealthy. But that's what you should except with a a republican. And no one in the democratic party can give trump a challenge. So he will win pretty easily.