Shamoo2
Nd2400

Will Russell Wilson win the NFL MVP?

Nd2400
Started: 11/28/2017 Category: Sports

Shamoo2

Pro

2 rounds, first is acceptance, Second is argument. You will argue that he will not. If accepted, please choose someone to argue that you think will be the winner instead. Let this be a fun debate.
Nd2400

Con

I will gladly accept this debate.... Like the shortness of this debate. You going as pro on this as for me i will be con. I will be arguing why Russell Wilson does not deserve to win the MVP this season.
Shamoo2

Pro

From all we seen this season, it should seem like Russell Wilson deserves the MVP award. Let's look at the Stats between Tom Brady, Carson Wentz and Wilson. Brady is ranked first, Wilson 3rd and Wentz 11th in the league statistics, Brady has the most completions with 279 with Wilson at 256 and Wentz with only 213, but Wilson has attempted more passes than both Wentz and Brady. Wilson has attempted 411 passes, Brady close behind with 408 and Wentz far behind with 354. Wilson has more pass attempts then both per game with 37.4, Brady at 37.1, and Wentz at 32.2. Clearly Wentz is looking so good is because be barely passes the ball, which in my opinion doesn't make him MVP worthy.
Let's face it both the Eagles and Patriots have a powerhouse offense, but Seattle has barley that. Seattle has no run game, and has a average wide receiver core. Wilson is first in the leaderboard for Seattle rushing yards according to ESPN. So Wilson has just about been the whole offense himself, therefore making it seem that he deserves the MVP award over Brady and Wentz.

http://www.nfl.com...

http://www.espn.com...
Nd2400

Con

Thank you for your reply.

Now you are trying to build a case for Russell Wilson to be league MVP. Unfortunately you didn't do a very good job on it. Why? I will tell you... First you had only two rounds for this debate and round one was for accepted only. So, this means you needed to bring a very good and though out case for yours reasons for Wilson being MVP. Sorry to say, i didn't see any.

Oh yeah, just to let the reader know i will be arguing for Tom Brady and Carson Wentz over Russell Wilson for league MVP.

Now you want to compare stats, that's fine but one of your stats just show one of my two (Tom Brady) having better numbers. "Brady is ranked first, Wilson 3rd and Wentz 11th in the league statistics, Brady has the most completions with 279 with Wilson at 256 and Wentz with only 213". Not a very good start.... Another thing is you are ignoring the more important stats. That's okay, i will go over them to build my case on why Wilson shouldn't be MVP.

FIRST. Let's discuss yards. Brady is ranked #1 he has 3374 yds.
Wilson wasn't't to far behind he was tied at 3rd with 3029 yds.
Wentz was off he was at 11th with 2657 yds.

Now let's looked at Passing Touchdowns.
Wentz was 1st at 28 td
Brady was second at 26 td
Wilson was 3rd at 23 td

This next category won't be good for Wilson.
But let's look at QB Rating.
Brady at # 1 again with a 111.7
Wentz at 4th with a 104.0
And Wilson is all the way down to a tied at 13 with a 95.2

A QB to lead their team in scoring is very important to look at too. So, let's have a look.
Oh what do you know Philadelphia is at number one with 351 pts. Lead by Wentz.
And New England is at 3rd with 325 pts. Lead by Tom Brady
Seattle is all the way down to 12th scoring only 266 pts. Lead by Wilson.

Let's also look at completion percentage.
Yet again Brady is at #1 at 68.4
Wilson is 3rd at 62.3
Wentz was 11th at 60.2

This other stat not going to be good for Wilson.
Who has the least intercepted?
Oh that would be Brady at only 3 int
Wentz has 5 int
And Wilson is at 8 int.

I could go on and on with more stats. But i think you and all the readers can tell WHO isn't the MVP. It really should go to Tom Brady.

Oh yeah, before i forget most teams with the best record will have one of there players winning the MVP.
Look at who has the best record Philadelphia at 10 -1 the best record.
Then we have New England at 9- 2.
Seattle at only 7-4.

So, as of right now Tom Brady deserves the MVP.
Then Wentz the runner up.
Wilson having a good year but not an MVP type year.

Sources.

http://www.espn.com...

http://www.nfl.com...

Thank for this debate Shampoo.. Until next time......
Posted by Nd2400 7 months ago
Nd2400
Hope there no hard feelings. Just doing what i needed to do for the win..
Anyways hope all is well. And remember if you have another sport or football debate im your guy.
Posted by Shamoo2 7 months ago
Shamoo2
Alright I'll take note of your comments and get better at my debates as I go along. Thanks for voting
Posted by warren42 7 months ago
warren42
So first we'll compare Wilson to Wentz on the stats provided in the debate.

Wentz:
Yards-2657 (11th)
TDs-28 (1st)
QBR-104 (4th)
Completion Percentage-60.2% (11th)
Interceptions-5
Points-351 (1st)
Record at time of debate-10-1 (1st)

Wilson:
Yards-3029 (3rd)
TDs-23 (3rd)
QBR-95.2 (T-13)
Completion Percentage-62.3% (3rd)
Interceptions-8
Points-266 (12th)
Record at time of debate-7-4 (T-6)

Based on the Wentz comparison, which is the weaker of the two, Wilson should not win MVP. Of the seven categories provided, Wentz wins on five of seven counts. I was not given a reason to prefer any one category over another, so I am weighing them all equally.

I am preferring the completion percentage to the "passes attempted/completed" statistics given by Pro. I feel like attempts and completions are less important individually, and more important when compared to one another.

Pro makes the arguments that Seattle's offense has fewer weapons. This is a good argument, but the lack of detail makes me give little weight to it. If Pro had gone into more detail saying things like "Wentz has two strong RBs in Ajayi and Blount, good receivers in Jeffery and Agholor, and an incredible TE in Ertz. This means it's easier for him to do well, and the success isn't solely due to Wentz." I would've found the argument more compelling. As it stood, Pro just gave me dots and hoped I would connect them.

The debater should connect the dots for the judge. The other Pro argument that had merit was that Wilson was third in overall stats while Wentz was 11th. However, many stats are insignificant in the grand scheme of the things, and the ones discussed in this debate favored Wentz.

I also believe that Con wins Brady > Wilson, but if even one player is a better MVP candidate, then Wilson will likely not win, so this is not significant.
Posted by Nd2400 7 months ago
Nd2400
I know i know, i left the 2 out. But this time it wasn't my fault.it was my phone. Just realized that.
Posted by Shamoo2 7 months ago
Shamoo2
its all good
Posted by Nd2400 7 months ago
Nd2400
Oh yeah... Sorry about that..
Posted by Shamoo2 7 months ago
Shamoo2
all good... just spell my name right next time
Posted by Nd2400 7 months ago
Nd2400
Oh Shampoo2, just so you know i will be arguing Tom Brady & Carson Wentz for league MVP. Forgot to mention this in round one...
Vote Placed by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 7 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Shamoo2Nd2400Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Same with warren42!
Vote Placed by warren42 7 months ago
warren42
Shamoo2Nd2400Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Though the case for Wilson is far more compelling than I imagined, it still isn't good. Full RFD will be in the comments.