Sean_Norbury
vekoma123

Will Sciedanet.org reach it's goals?

vekoma123

Sean_Norbury

Pro

I believe Sciedanet.org will reach its goals because our (younger) generation is more than capable of fixing the problems that previous generations have left us with.
vekoma123

Con

I am willing to accept this debate,

From what I'm seeing, your cause is quite admirable, but at the same time, I'm not sure if it's the right way of going about it. I could be totally wrong, but it seems like a website that will turn into a battle of Creationism vs. Evolutionism, and I'm not sure if you made this website through inspiration of the recent Bill Nye vs. Ken Ham debate.

Obviously, people have their own views about how the world has been developed, along with how society and culture have both been heavy influences into how we think and perceive things. That's the way it's been for quite a long time. By making a website that focuses on our younger generation fixing past issues through one way of thinking, that is call for disaster.

Frankly, with the way that our younger generation is developing, it is most likely not going to work out. Even though technology has risen dramatically throughout the past, parents seem to be exposing technology to kids at such a young age and with social media issues arising up, you're probably going to see more Instagram 'swag' photos than a child who will solve global warming on a whim. I understand that's a rather humorous way of putting it, but honestly, I think the issue is that society needs to fix itself as a whole so that we don't have to 'rely' on future generations to fix it for us.

I await your rebuttal.
Sean_Norbury

Pro

Sean_Norbury forfeited this round.
vekoma123

Con

Sean_Norbury has forfeited this round. I'm quite certain that I've made my point.
Sean_Norbury

Pro

Sean_Norbury forfeited this round.
vekoma123

Con

No comment.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Well, I hope you do some good. It seems your very motivated in helping Americas youth.
Posted by Sean_Norbury 3 years ago
Sean_Norbury
Maybe next time, I was just testing the waters for something.
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Shouldn't you first provide an explanation of exactly what sciedanet's mission is and how it plans to accomplish that?
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
I never heard of it, and according to the counter, only 553 people have.
Vote Placed by codemeister13 3 years ago
codemeister13
Sean_Norburyvekoma123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: FF by Pro Arguments: Con refuted Pro's first-round argument and poised points of their own. The points went uncontested as Con forfeited the debate.