mikecal7
Sahaj

Will Skyrim be better than MW3

Started: 11/2/2011 Category: Technology

mikecal7

Pro

pro- Skyrim will be better than MW3
Con- MW3 will be better than Skyrim
Sahaj

Con

I accept, and I would like to thank my opponent for posting such an interesting debate topic to this site. May the nest man win.
mikecal7

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for accepting my debate and I hope that we both do a great job.

First I would like to provide a little bit of background information behind each game.

Skyrim is the fifth game in the Elder Scroll series and is right after Oblivion. Even though the game has not been released, there have been plenty of game-play videos over the web. The graphics in these videos have so far been amazing, and will most likely be the best graphics to appear on the PS3, PC, and XBOX 360. It is being developed by Bethesda Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. Bethesda Studios previously made Fallout 3 and partnered with Obsidian Entertainment to create the RPG of the Year for 2011. Fallout New Vegas.

MW3 is the third installment to the Modern Warfare series and the eighth addition to the call of duty series. It is being developed by Infinity ward and Activison who published the extremely successful Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2.

Skyrim will contain tons of weapons as well as items and armor. You will be able to duel wield weapons or have one weapon and one shield, one shield one spell, duel wield spells, or 1 weapon and one spell. You cannot however duel wield bows because that is obviously illogical as well as duel wielding shields. There are 18 skills that are divided equally between, stealth, Combat, and Magic. They will also have 4 main guilds, the dark brotherhood, the thieves guild, the mage guild, and the fighters guild.

This game will be loads better than MW3 because most importantly, you are free to travel throughout the world. You can go wherever you want inside the set world. You also have the ability to do quests which just makes the experience so much more realistic. MW3 doesn't cut off from the main story line at all and it will not have as many items and weapons as Skyrim. I believe that the only reason people buy Modern Warfare is for the online mode. I admit that I have spent many hours playing MW2 non stop. The problem with the online mode though is the servers. The servers are not dedicated and is based on the connection of one persons internet. If they have a bad internet connection then it will cause everyone else in the game to lag. If the person disconnects, then the game must attempt to find a new host fast or it will quit the round.

That is my opening argument. I wish my opponent the best of luck.
Sahaj

Con

While I agree that Skyrim has more variety in weapons and classes, and open world gameplay, it seems very similar to games like Fable, and we have all seen RPG's before. This one looks like all other RPG's out on the market. MW3, meanwhile, is much more action-packed and adrenaline fueled, and people have been waiting for it for over 2 years. It will be the culmination in one of the most popular game series IN THE WORLD, and it will have a larger variety of missions, from hijacking a Russian Submarine to parachuting into Moscow to helicopter chases through Wall Street. In Skyrim, the gameplay will be the same everywhere. Let's not forget that the Modern Warfare series has already beaten the elder scrolls series, which I had never heard of before this debate. Your move.
mikecal7

Pro

mikecal7 forfeited this round.
Sahaj

Con

While Skyrim will be a good gamr, it has no multiplayer, meaning when you finish the storyline there is nothing more to do, but MW3 has a revamped multiplayer, with customisation and leveling, which can be played in theory for ever. Yes, it does lag, but it is better than having no multiplayer at all.
mikecal7

Pro

I withdraw due to lack of time to post arguments
Sahaj

Con

I see. I am sorry this had to end so quickly, and I look forward to debating you in future.
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Personally, I don't think they should be compared, since they are vastly different.