Faithinme23
light17

Will arguments against gay marriage affect its existence?

light17

Faithinme23

Pro

I believe that it will
light17

Con

I believe that the agruments against gay marriage will not have an affect in its existence. The topic and arguments placed against gay marriage is not an uncommon issue. The topic itself has stirred many emotions, but the existence of gay marriage has yet to waver. Instead of fading the existence of it has become well known, giving the opposite result. Like most agruments, just because some may oppose it or place arguments against it due to their beliefs or self justified resolve doesn't mean they have the ability to affect one's existence.
Faithinme23

Pro

"The existence of gay marriage has yet to waiver?", this statement is completely wrong as states are now allowing gay marriage as acceptable, it may not be happening everywhere but this movement is progressing fairly quickly. Also everything is going to have an argument, for or against, things may or may not change, but discussing the issue is healthy. The westboro church has spoken freely (even though they slander heavily upon them) as well as the LGBTQ community . People choose sides and whether or not politicians will have to act. So there is an action on society, but that fact whether it is right or wrong is up to the big man upstairs.
light17

Con

Of course by waiver understanding that it is similar to the word falter. The statement about gay marriage having yet to waiver is symbol representing the fighting spirit on the matter. Showing that no matter what arguments may stand the existence won't disappear. In fact rather grow just as you supported,"as states are now allowing gay marriage as acceptable, it may not be happening everywhere but this movement is progressing fairly quickly. " It is this statement that proves rather than fading away, the existence stands strong. Also as well it is true that the end result will depend on the big man upstairs, at the moment it is currently the people who decided their own future and choose what they fight for. So until the big man's time comes, gay marriage is here to continue for its in equality.
Faithinme23

Pro

So your are basically agreeing with my agrument demonstrating that this situation is being passed in states?
light17

Con

I'm afraid your mistaken, I simply used your agrument to provide a clear understanding to my meaning. To bring light that even if agruments stand against gay marriage it's not going to disappear like yesterday's lunch. In fact it was thanks to your agrument that supported my idea that gay marriage is becoming a well known topic.
Faithinme23

Pro

"gay marriage is becoming a well known topic", as a good friend once said 'reading is knowledge', and you sir are clearly siding with my argument. Let me write it out for you. I believe that discussing thi issue immensly has taken action for both sides, most certainly for being an advocate for gay marriage. So, it is affecting its existence by making it the real deal for the gay community. Now you are supposed to be agruing that 'no, nothing has been done and this topic will merely vanish'
light17

Con

I don't mean to correct you but have you read the debate topic? It says," Will arguments against gay marriage affect its existence?" I'm not sure if you notice but it never stated that the person going against it would have to say it will disappear or vanish. In fact I believe it asked if it would AFFECT the EXISTENCE of gay marriage. After you stating that you believe it will leaves questions as to in what way do you believe it will affect the existence. As for my follow up I placed my statement saying that it would not fade or vanish. From then on you only supported my oveall statement.
Posted by ObjectiveDre 1 year ago
ObjectiveDre
Depending on the way you read the statement it can be a 'yes' or 'no' answer.

If you read "affect its existence" like "cease to exist" then the answer would probably be no considering the issue has widespread support, strong momentum, and precedence of civil rights/equality movements being passed.

If you read "affect its existence" like chip away, slow, down, discriminate, ongoing predjudice, etc then I think the answer would be yes. Like many progressive movements, moving forward or away from traditional belief systems will always garner hate, dislike, or just plain disagreement from those who oppose it. You only need to see items like gender equality and minority rights to see other examples. Why after decades of passed laws related to equality are there still "glass ceilings" and "racism?" because opposition to those movements have "affected" the "existence" of the institution/ideology of equality.
Vote Placed by FlatEarthSociety 1 year ago
FlatEarthSociety
Faithinme23light17Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro has not made an argument to support the resolution which is intended to be "Arguments against gay marriage affect its existence." He thus failed to uphold his burden of proof and I vote Con for who had more convincing arguments.