Sean_Norbury
frankienstien

Will differing ideologies eventually cause America to split?

frankienstien

Sean_Norbury

Pro

Between Religion, Political Parties, Income Inequality, etc... I believe America is inevitably heading towards a split. Who doesn't?
frankienstien

Con

I will play the devil's advocate here. While I agree with the way you think on this issue, I don't see anything that would resemble the Civil War, nor the rebels chance at victory. To many states and people rely on the government ... and wile I think we are getting closer to the USSR meltdown it isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Sean_Norbury

Pro

It doesn't have to resemble the civil war. The younger generation of this country can do a much better job running it than the "people" who are running it now. The split does not have to be forced. The country is already just about divided in half when it comes to ideologies. I don't see any way that America can stay "United" at this point. Now hypothetically speaking, the "rebels" in this case have many more advantages on their side. America has been on a downward slide because of greed and corruption for a long time now. Big changes are coming.
frankienstien

Con

Who's greed.?.. I agree greed is one of the major problems within the United States, but I don't see corporations as the fundamental flaw. The problem becomes apparent when you look at the problems in other countries that resemble the mind set of class war propaganda. People need to work at fair market wages. If they don't like the wages learn a marketable skill that is worth more than poverty.

The Democrats exist because they use scare tactics to exist. The crazy part of it all is that Democrats claim they want jobs, when nothing could be further from the truth. How many stop the mining campaign's do you see Republican's getting behind. I have never seen one. Mining introduces the resources we need to build things and create a strong economy that can compete in a global setting.

Now that the blood is boiling I like to point out that I still don't see the country breaking in two.
Sean_Norbury

Pro

Because of human's instinctual greed. It is at its worst here in America. Back to the split.

Once you have a country that is ideologically divided 50/50, a split will inevitably happen. It can happen through war or diplomacy. How can a country continue to operate or move forward if there are two completely divided sides? The simple answer to that is it can't. Who knows when the split will happen, but if things don't change here, it will happen.
frankienstien

Con

I would like to point out my intentions were stated in the primary argument as " the devils advocate". I agree the country is becoming divided at an alarming rate, but I think we are to greedy to give up what we have to lose it over a petty war.. .Now I make this statement based on economic freedom, which is what most seem to think of first. A major revolt in the US will be tied to loss of personal freedoms.
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Interesting topic! I agree with you, though, so I can't accept the debate :p
Posted by Sean_Norbury 3 years ago
Sean_Norbury
You mean define "split"?
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Drone: "Split" and we'll talk.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
Sean_NorburyfrankienstienTied
Reasons for voting decision: Better arguments presented by Con.