Italianstallion631
Artur

Will italy win world cup?

Artur
Started: 2/4/2014 Category: Sports

Italianstallion631

Pro

Italy will win world cup in 2014. They have a dangerous and strong side filled with youth and veterans. With players such as pirlo and de rossi in the midfield and star world class strikers such as Rossi and Ballo. The youth is better then ever with insigna and verratti as well as florenzi and berardi. Its going to be tough but we will beat Spain in the Quarter finals and then defeat Argentina in the Semis. Leaving us to face Germany in the Finals which everyone knows they can not beat Italy.
Artur

Con

Hi everybody. I accepted this debate and wish luck to my opponent.

MY CASE:
PRO says that {Italy will win world cup in 2014} and my case is not directly against it. I will not argue tha "ITALY CAN NOT/ WILL NOT" but since this is a debate, I will ask my opponent to prove his case.

REBUTTALS :
Pro says: {Italy will win world cup in 2014.}
response: first I am going to say is Italy may win and also may lose. it is futuristic and not known my opponent is omnicient, so whether italy will win or not is unknown.

PRO says: {They have a dangerous and strong side filled with youth and veterans.}
response: first of all, the squad of italy for world cup 2014 is not announced yet and we dont know which players of italy is going to be enrolled to the squad by coach. so, since we dont know which players will be enrolled, at the moment we can not say Italy's squad is dangerous or not.

the players pro predicts will play may be not enrolled, this is possible.

pro says: {With players such as pirlo and de rossi in the midfield and star world class strikers such as Rossi and Ballo. The youth is better then ever with insigna and verratti as well as florenzi and berardi.}
response: since the squad of italy is not announced yet, it is not 100% guarantee that Pirlo and De Rossi and others. will play in world cup 2014. 2. may be coach will not include them to the squad. 3. maybe they will retire the national team career.[considering PIRLo and Rossi]
and even if that 3 occurs, it is not 100% guarantee that they will live till world cup, there is always possibility that a person may die right now, after a day or month. [I hope these will not happen]
considering this possibilities, this part of the arguement of PRO is not valid.

pro says: { Its going to be tough but we will beat Spain in the Quarter finals}
response: first of all, this is a presumtion/assumption. maybe spain will be eliminated earlier.
even if this match occurs, it is not clear that Italy can win spain. as PRO says, it will be difficult and I guess Spain plays better than Italy, but it does not prove that Spain will win. so, nor me neither PRO is right here.

PRO says: {then defeat Argentina in the Semis}
response: same is about argentina I said about spain.

PRO says: {Leaving us to face Germany in the Finals which everyone knows they can not beat Italy.}
response: first of all, how can we know that Germany will reach final?
and according to what we know that Germany can not beat Italy? if PRo is going to say that considering histroical matches, same can be said against Italy and spain. if we use history and deduce like this, then Spain breaks your opinion.

in official matches till Spain and Italy met in 2008 euro cup, Italy was better with its matches against Spain in history. here is statistics and matches: matches [1]:
OVERALL RECORD

Italy wins 10; Spain wins 8; Draws 12; Italy goals 39; Spain goals 30.

*including non-competitive matches[1]

Olympic Games 1928: Quarter-final replay - Italy 7 Spain 1
World Cup 1934: Quarter-final replay - Italy 1 Spain 0
European Championships 1988: Group stage - Italy 1 Spain 0
World Cup 1994: Quarter-final - Italy 2 Spain 1[1]

so, if my opponent deduced that Germany cant win Italy due to results in the past, then it seems that he will contradict himself when he says Italy can beat spain, if he deduced/predicted it due to another thing, I kindly ask him to tell us, so that I can agree with him/her or refute.

source:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Italianstallion631

Pro

Italianstallion631 forfeited this round.
Artur

Con

are you gonna forfeit? write something so that the time will not be wasted.
Italianstallion631

Pro

Artur

Con

waiting the arguements of my opponent.
Italianstallion631

Pro

Artur

Con

1)I am going to write 2 predictions or deductions, considering history. so that it will be interesting when you read.
  • Italy played 1970 world cup final and became second.
  • in 1982, champion.
  • in 1994 they became runner up and took second place.
  • in 2006 they became champion.

now, in every 12 years or in every 1 WC of every 3 Italy achieves final, Italy once becomes champion and next time it becomes second, so, considering these, I deducted Italy will be runner up in 2018 but not champion. :) it means, this is not a time for Italy to be champion :D

2) in all of WC's held in South america, the winners were from Latin America. considering these, I deducted that the champion will be from South america.

I am waiting for my opponent.

Italianstallion631

Pro

Posted by Artur 3 years ago
Artur
lots of things I forgot to write :(
Posted by Artur 3 years ago
Artur
my opponent is omnicient

I wanted to mean "unless my opponent is omnicient". please, dont get it wrong.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
Italianstallion631ArturTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited the debate.