Kuzma10
DerKurbis

Will relaxing the one child policy be favorable to the development of China?

DerKurbis

Kuzma10

Pro

More working-age population= benefit the development
Decrease the age dependency ratio= more children= can support the elderlies
The sex ratio imbalance minimise = abortion will decrease = better quality of life= sense of belonging get stronger to the nation= more contributing= help the development.
DerKurbis

Con

Pro, you state that relaxing the One-Child Policy in China would be favourable to the people, but I disagree. Rather than having a higher working-age population benefitting development, it will increase poverty and contaminate the environment even further. China has the largest population in the world, and they also have a lot of impoverished people. The 2010 article 7 Billion and Counting states that with more people, generally, more fossil fuels get burned, and if more fossil fuels are burned, the already-damaged quality of air gets damaged even farther.

One does not need more children to support them when they get elderly. My grandmother has Alzheimer's and my grandfather had cancer, yet my uncle supported the two of them until my grandfather's death and he still supports my grandmother. He has supported the two of them for eight years and my grandmother by herself for three years, all by himself.

If this law is causing abortions, wouldn't it make more sense for mothers who already had a child to just not have unprotected sex? Or why not start cracking down on prostitution? Pro, please explain the "sense of belonging get" part; I did not really understand that.

Pro, would you also explain the "stronger to the nation" part? Even though more people will be working, China's labour laws are really unfair. In fact, many American corporations move to China, just to get cheap labour, because they will save money.
Kuzma10

Pro

Kuzma10 forfeited this round.
DerKurbis

Con

Due to my opponent forfeiting their round, I do not have anything to argue against. Ergo, I am forfeiting this round.
Kuzma10

Pro

Kuzma10 forfeited this round.
DerKurbis

Con

I am forfeiting this round, because there is nothng to refute. Thank you for debating, or more so, not debating, Kuzma10.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
Kuzma10DerKurbisTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.