gggdnll
YummyBurgers

Will the Cavaliers defeat the Golden State Warriors in the 2017 NBA Finals

Started: 1/16/2017 Category: Sports

gggdnll

Pro

Cavaliers with sheer power and strenght will defeat the Warrioirs in the Nba Finals.
YummyBurgers

Con

No, because as you know, the Golden State Warriors defeated Michael Jordan's team's number of wins, so I don't think the Cavaliers will defeat the Golden State Warriors with Stephen Curry on the team.
gggdnll

Pro

With Stephen Curry you say? How about James on Curry is it not clear to you that James would really pressure Curry and will cause him to be insufficient? I am not underestimating Curry but with the Cavs controlling offensive play, making James isolated because definitely there would be no one who can stop Lebron's offensive play, having Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving on the three point line stopping the Warrior's 3-point shootout.The Warriors will be definitely brought down by that. Given that the game 2 of 2016 in 2nd overtime it's no coincidence for James to be quadrupled team. Eventhough Durant made a big impact to the Warriors offensive play, pressure will be still on Warriors as all Durant,Curry and Thompson will need the ball therefore exerting much pressure which is coming within the team. Cavs won't loose a three poin shootout and the Warriors offensive play is a bad match up for the Cavs.
YummyBurgers

Con

You said the Cavaliers will defeat the Golden State Warriors by blocking Curry's 3-pointers? I don't think so. As you know Curry is good at 3-pointers, but that isn't the only thing he is good at. Curry can dribble really good, and Even if Kevin and Kyrie stops the 3-pointers, which I don't think will happen, Curry can dribble through them and just shoot a lay-up.
gggdnll

Pro

Again you just showed a positive weakness of the Warriors. Saying that Curry has good handles and can just make up for a lay up of an assist to Durant well...... because as I have said before marking Lebron on Curry even though he is double teamed by Durant and Green with Curry(because they will definitely not put Thompson in defense so they an let him shoot threes) means Curry's worth as an all star because no one in the NBA can stop Lebron's offensive plays for now.A three point shootout? Definitely not a good start becuse it is like declaring war against Love and Kyrie. Triggering J.R Smith to will definitely make the Cavaliers control the offensive glass.The only thing the Warriors will do in Lebron's isolation play is either triple team him or stay on guard on the Cleveland's three pointers. Pressure will just build up on the Warriors.I am not a fan of the Cav's but I am really moved that they will triumph against the Warriors.Another thing, the Warriors can play a run-gun style and a full-court defense pressuring and stopping Cleveland's offense and making a turnover but they will be toppled down by the stronger Cleveland offense.
YummyBurgers

Con

First of all, I'd like to say I'm sorry for posting so late, I've been busy with my school works.
Second of all, I would like to thank you for this fun debate. I can't find debaters who takes debates seriously these times, but you really made me happy because you helped me enjoy a debate that was really fun and interesting. I really liked this debate whether I win or not.
Last of all, I would like to tell you why I won this debate :D

You said that no one in the NBA can stop Lebron's offensive plays, but if that was true, why didn't the Cavaliers win every single round? That's because Lebrons's plays are not 'impossible to block, it's just hard to block. Also, even if you say you put James on Curry, but that not going to stop Curry. Of course he might be a little bit 'annoyed, but I don't think James can block Curry at all. You also said the the Cavs won't lose a three point shoot out, in which you had wrong spelling, but Curry shot and made almost 300 three-pointers. That's not going to stop just because James is on Curry.