Jaegun
Hugo_Head

Will vending machines become the dominant race?

Jaegun

Con

Hello everybody, I'm Jaegun, and I'd like to prove that vending machines will not become the dominant race. This is a challenge directed towards Adithya Laasko, also known as Hugo_Head.

The term 'dominant race' implies the aforementioned race is sentient and animate. It also implies the said race must be a group of organisms. Vending machines do not fit any of these factors, and therefore, cannot be the dominant race.
Hugo_Head

Pro

Definition of vending machine: "a machine that dispenses small articles such as food, drinks, or cigarettes when a coin, bill, or token is inserted." - dictionary.com

This definition does not imply or state inanimacy, or non-sentience. I whole-heartedly disagree with your last statement, vending machines can be the dominate race.
Jaegun

Con

I beg to differ. The definition claims that it is a machine, which does imply 'inanimacy,' as you say. By the way, I should also point out that 'inanimacy' is not a word. Not only that but the fact that you did not deny my given definition of a dominant race, you agree that it is true. Therefore, it cannot be the dominant race.
Hugo_Head

Pro

definition of a machine: "an assemblage of parts that transmit forces, motion, and energy one to another in a predetermined manner" - maranium webster dictionary. Under this humans are machines. I hope that you belive that humans are animate.
Jaegun

Con

What you have presented is a logical fallacy. Your logic mainly consists of inference, which is not reliable, unlike deduction. Your previous argument shows an example of something that fits in both categories, and it is but one example. Therefore, it is logical to think that there are other examples that fit that definition and are not animate.
Hugo_Head

Pro

I have not presented a logical fallacy, my logic does not consist of inferences. The humans are not he only example that fits the definition. All animals, plants, and animate thing fit this definition. I rest my case.
Posted by Jaegun 5 months ago
Jaegun
Actions_Speak, that is not true. Hugo_Head was for this argument, meaning that he believes that vending machines will become the dominant race.
Posted by Actions_Speak 5 months ago
Actions_Speak
Pro since you were pro and the question was will vending machines become he dominant race, you argued against yourself.